Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Andy Staples on Paul Finebaum just said coach B

Started by forrest city joe, September 20, 2017, 03:14:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 20, 2017, 04:51:54 pm
I disagree...he hasn't extinguished anything. The program has been nothing but unfounded offseason hype. His main accomplishments here are off the field stuff, which may or may not be what pump you up as a fan on Saturday's. For me...it just doesn't do it. What pumps me up is good football play by the Hogs.

The problem here is you put the coach above the program. Bret Bielema is bigger than the Arkansas Razorbacks to you. I'll never understand why people put these temporary coaches up on a pedestal like this...but you are far from alone, it's an epidemic.

Put the coach above the program by saying he had given Bielema a chance?

This has been a disconnect for some of us. I believe he has pretty much exhausted his chance due to some unacceptable events.  But he still should have been given the opportunity before losing the goodwill and faith.  Some didn't give him one.

I also see no reason to laugh if this gets ugly from our fans. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

younghog

Empty Seats will change a lot.. Its time for CBB to show his worth..

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 20, 2017, 03:14:50 pm
Is not going anywhere unless Arkansas get blown out every game the rest of the season. said Long knew how bad the program was when coach B took over.and that he did not want to make a change.if this is true(and it well could be)i don't know what to think?when was the decision made that winning was not the main thing for a coach at Arkansas?was it after Long fired Bobby,and got all the national praise?and do his Boss feel the same way?
That is HS.  It's a half decade later. Whatever Long thought then certainly does not apply now.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Athog

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 20, 2017, 03:19:43 pm
Did Long get bitten by a tsetse fly and just wake up from African sleeping sickness?  This is year five for Bielema at Arkansas.  The "he inherited a mess" excuse, flimsy as it was, expired about the time the roster became stocked with mostly his own recruits.

Long is either a professional liar and con man or a moron.

What does that make idiots on Hogville?

gchamblee

Quote from: sickboy on September 20, 2017, 04:06:02 pm
I want to preface this by saying I am most definitely not saying you're stupid. I'm sure you are prefectly intelligent. But that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Again, not saying you're stupid. Just what you have said is stupid. I say stuid things all the time too.

But you're saying that we are Vanderbilt because the numerous ranked teams we have beaten are mostly teams that don't deserve to be ranked?!

Repeat that back in your head. You honestly believe that?

These anti CBB guys think that the same people that ranked us at #3 under CBP are incompetent when we beat another team they have ranked. They alter data to fit their opinion, which is why I am so resistant to becoming anti CBB myself. I am not happy with our current situation but I am terrified of becoming associated with the anti CBB crowd due to how stupid they are when it comes to presenting their case.

I think CBB is failing at his job, but I dont give 2 darns about how much he weighs
I think CBB is failing at his job, but I think he was an awesome hire when the hire was made
I think CBB is failing at his job, but I dont want him to run and hide from the questions media ask him
I think CBB is failing at his job, but I dont want CBP back
I think CBB is failing at his job, but I dont want them to stop being proud of their academic improvements

Im a weirdo, I know this.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: gchamblee on September 20, 2017, 05:11:54 pm
These anti CBB guys think that the same people that ranked us at #3 under CBP are incompetent when we beat another team they have ranked. They alter data to fit their opinion, which is why I am so resistant to becoming anti CBB myself. I am not happy with our current situation but I am terrified of becoming associated with the anti CBB crowd due to how stupid they are when it comes to presenting their case.

I think CBB is failing at his job, but I dont give 2 darns about how much he weighs
I think CBB is failing at his job, but I think he was an awesome hire when the hire was made
I think CBB is failing at his job, but I dont want him to run and hide from the questions media ask him
I think CBB is failing at his job, but I dont want them to stop being proud of their academic improvements

Amen, and amen, I guess that makes me a weirdo too, but that sums up where I stand as well.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

gchamblee

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 20, 2017, 04:06:12 pm
Then why the hundreds of millions put into facilities?  To fool the fans into having hope and still buying tix?

Such a stupid post. Failing in one aspect is a horrible reason to stop improving in others. Improving our facilities benefits us well beyond our current coach. I didn't stop contributing to my 401K when I hated my job.

gchamblee

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 20, 2017, 04:12:46 pm
Neither.

We have essentially become the team in the SEC West that the other SEC West teams get a guaranteed win to bolster their season.  Just like SEC East teams getting a guaranteed win against Vanderbilt.

Bielema's 0-4 against Alabama, and his 0-4 against Texas A&M exemplifies it.

But, what really exemplifies it is Bielema's 2-6 total against Auburn and Mississippi State.

CBP, our best coach in decades, was also 0-4 against Bama
Ole miss, who was cheating and beat bama, would like to have a word with you about us being an automatic win
Florida wishes we were an automatic win
Miss St couldnt stop us for darn the last 2 years. Dan enos says hi :)

gchamblee

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 20, 2017, 04:26:38 pm
Thanks for looking it up.

Those wins definitely shows that the following old saying is real.

"Even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then."  :)

If you think CBB is only beating ranked teams every now and then, it says a lot about you.

gchamblee

Quote from: Pigstie on September 20, 2017, 04:39:32 pm
Win or Lose, the masses will decide when CBB goes. If the day comes that only 36,000 show up at Razorback Stadium as they did in LR, he's gone. Eventually the Razorback Foundation will start bleeding cash and suites will be empty. Whether that is this year, next year, or 2025, the masses will decide.

Ya you just keep hoping that happens. Right now we are quite healthy as a program if you look at finances. The fans are bitching on social media, but the games are still selling out. This doom and gloom you are predicting is not even close to being a reality.

IronHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 20, 2017, 03:14:50 pm
Is not going anywhere unless Arkansas get blown out every game the rest of the season. said Long knew how bad the program was when coach B took over.and that he did not want to make a change.if this is true(and it well could be)i don't know what to think?when was the decision made that winning was not the main thing for a coach at Arkansas?was it after Long fired Bobby,and got all the national praise?and do his Boss feel the same way?

I'd say there is a good chance Arkansas gets blown out in every SEC game this season.....

BB is done at Arkansas.....even if he's given another year.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 20, 2017, 05:21:07 pm
Ya you just keep hoping that happens. Right now we are quite healthy as a program if you look at finances. The fans are bitching on social media, but the games are still selling out. This doom and gloom you are predicting is not even close to being a reality.

NWA fighting North Dallas Backs can generate corporate $$$ but they'll never win much of anything......
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on September 20, 2017, 04:31:08 pm
If I see a hog pick up 6 acorns I might have a few questions but none of them are, "I wonder if it's blind?"
I laughed way harder at this than I should have.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 20, 2017, 03:48:07 pm
I would have to look it up, but probably some of those 7 shouldn't have even been ranked when we played them.  Also, there is the aspect of how many of them ended the season ranked.

A lot of the 7 probably had some sort of internal disarray going on when we played them.  I presume our own internal mediocrity/disarray was less than theirs which helped us to get a win.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Marshfieldhog

I suspect CBB will be heading on out on his own to another gig. 2018 will be even worse with a new QB and Ragnow gone. If anyone gets fired it will be Long, not much of a buyout on his end.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: gchamblee on September 20, 2017, 05:15:08 pm
Such a stupid post. Failing in one aspect is a horrible reason to stop improving in others. Improving our facilities benefits us well beyond our current coach. I didn't stop contributing to my 401K when I hated my job.

You obviously misunderstood the post to which you replied. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hog Pharm

Quote from: gchamblee on September 20, 2017, 05:19:23 pm
If you think CBB is only beating ranked teams every now and then, it says a lot about you.

Amen. CBBs problem hasn't been not beating ranked teams. It's been losing to teams he shouldn't. But don't expect people with an agenda to use facts.

Hog Pharm

+1000. I don't know why people on here can't criticize without bringing in personal attacks or lament over a decision made over 5 years ago.

RebHog

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on September 20, 2017, 03:37:49 pm
Different sports and situation--- but how did you feel about Mike Anderson finishing .500 in year 6?  How do you feel about him now? 

Long said Arkansas is not a "win at all cost" program.  That means we don't want to cheat or recruit felons, right?  Does that really mean we don't want to win?

Year 4 Mike was trending up and Year 5 was in the tourney. Ya year 6 was down but bounced back and played the BBcall champs last year in the dance and had a chance to win the game. He finally showed a willingness to adjust his defense and not be stubborn.  Since CBB has had 100% of his recruits on the field he has trended downward.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HamSammich on September 20, 2017, 03:40:56 pm
I think the point is that long said it to begin with. He didn't need to say it. It came off as an excuse for mediocrity. Like it or not.

I think the real point is Long could say the tickets are free for the fans and you would find something to complain about.

Many of the Long / CBB haters sound like the left looking for reasons to complain about Trump. The reasons are almost comical at times.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

hehawg

Finebaum has some sort of man love for Bret. Perhaps it's Brets sunshine media personality..ofcourse they would say that!
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

WilsonHog

I believe that Jeff Long wants to win, but a certain way.

Just winning is not enough; he wants to win in such a way than when we do, UA is held up as the example of the school who, despite being in one of the toughest conferences in the country, is winning "the right way." Winning with the proper perspective; kids go to class, behave themselves on and off the field, contribute in the community, and graduate. And he's not going to sacrifice those things in order to win more games.

A lot of schools can win; to do it the way Long wants to would be...."uncommon."

My read, anyway.

HawgPound

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 20, 2017, 04:51:54 pm
I disagree...he hasn't extinguished anything. The program has been nothing but unfounded offseason hype. His main accomplishments here are off the field stuff, which may or may not be what pump you up as a fan on Saturday's. For me...it just doesn't do it. What pumps me up is good football play by the Hogs.

The problem here is you put the coach above the program. Bret Bielema is bigger than the Arkansas Razorbacks to you. I'll never understand why people put these temporary coaches up on a pedestal like this...but you are far from alone, it's an epidemic.
I agree with the quote you replied too. It has nothing to do with Bielema being bigger than the program. Have you forgotten what an outhouse it was when Bielema got there? If you want change, real lasting change, you have to build a solid foundation. That is what Bielema has been doing with that "off the field stuff" that you are not so excited about. Sure he has to start winning now but he isn't going anywhere this year and that is a good thing.

jdlew

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 20, 2017, 04:03:50 pm
It's really not that complicated guys.

Bret was brought in to rebuild the program completely. Not just the players or the scheme. The culture. And he's done it, and done it the kind of way  that makes me

Quote from: BILLYBOB on September 20, 2017, 04:43:09 pm
Good post. I'm with you.
proud to be a Hog fan, and makes Jeff proud to have Bret around. It's why so many people are still defending CBB and saying to give him time, because we WANT him to succeed here. I'm one of them.

Like Long said, of course we want more wins. Winning is huge. If Bret doesn't start winning more, then he's going to be fired. But the amount of turnover this school has had, and the amount of bad decisions made by coaches in the later years of their reign, had left the program in a very bad way. Bret Bielema extinguished the fire. If he's unable to actually build upon the rubble, that's a shame. But he's done a good job of changing the toxicity that was in the Arkansas football program after the last 2 coaches.

If we lose this weekend, I'm going to have to step off the Bert wagon. And I will feel super bad about it, because I really, really like the guy. I want to win the right way, just like JL and CBB, but at some point, the wins have to start coming.

I agree....  but again we are asking him to beat a team that has better players...

tophawg19

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2017, 03:56:21 pm
Lol, well try not to move to the goalposts too far........
he don't move goal posts . he moves the whole damn stadium to fit.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

LZH

I have changed my mind. And with good reason btw. If he doesn't pull it out this year, he's done.

I was pretty sure like everyone else that he would probably get a sixth year. But now, me not think so much.

Yamahog

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 20, 2017, 04:03:50 pm
It's really not that complicated guys.

Bret was brought in to rebuild the program completely. Not just the players or the scheme. The culture. And he's done it, and done it the kind of way  that makes me proud to be a Hog fan, and makes Jeff proud to have Bret around. It's why so many people are still defending CBB and saying to give him time, because we WANT him to succeed here. I'm one of them.

Like Long said, of course we want more wins. Winning is huge. If Bret doesn't start winning more, then he's going to be fired. But the amount of turnover this school has had, and the amount of bad decisions made by coaches in the later years of their reign, had left the program in a very bad way. Bret Bielema extinguished the fire. If he's unable to actually build upon the rubble, that's a shame. But he's done a good job of changing the toxicity that was in the Arkansas football program after the last 2 coaches.

If we lose this weekend, I'm going to have to step off the Bert wagon. And I will feel super bad about it, because I really, really like the guy. I want to win the right way, just like JL and CBB, but at some point, the wins have to start coming.

I feel the same way you do, but I'll let the season play out first.

Hog N Bama

Let's hope Long doesn't make any more hires himself. 3 strikes. He's out

LZH

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 20, 2017, 06:44:54 pm
Let's hope Long doesn't make any more hires himself. 3 strikes. He's out

I think Long's blood pressure has been pretty damn High here lately.

ricepig

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 20, 2017, 06:18:41 pm
I believe that Jeff Long wants to win, but a certain way.

Just winning is not enough; he wants to win in such a way than when we do, UA is held up as the example of the school who, despite being in one of the toughest conferences in the country, is winning "the right way." Winning with the proper perspective; kids go to class, behave themselves on and off the field, contribute in the community, and graduate. And he's not going to sacrifice those things in order to win more games.

A lot of schools can win; to do it the way Long wants to would be...."uncommon."

My read, anyway.

Yeah, and Bielema isn't the only coach that can do it that way, so without needed results, we'll find another "uncommon" coach.

Pigstie

Hey idiot.... for the record i hope he works out. I'm not predicting anything. Read the post. I said "IF"
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

HamSammich

You are a piece of art. Please never change and always post here.

WilsonHog

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2017, 06:49:26 pm
Yeah, and Bielema isn't the only coach that can do it that way, so without needed results, we'll find another "uncommon" coach.

Agreed. Head coach may change; Long's philosophy won't.

codeHog

"If we lose this weekend, I'm going to have to step off the Bert wagon. And I will feel super bad about it, because I really, really like the guy. I want to win the right way, just like JL and CBB, but at some point, the wins have to start coming. "

yep

porkrindjimmy

Brother...and I mean this with all due respect, you will never be associated with the anti-Bielema crowd..I promise you that...

PRJ

LZH

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 20, 2017, 07:27:30 pm
Brother...and I mean this with all due respect, you will never be associated with the anti-Bielema crowd..I promise you that...

PRJ

Go ahead and start a good argument with him. He digs it. I still argue with him - but can't help but like the guy because he is convinced he is right, even when he subconsciously knows I am 100% right.

HamSammich

You long fans just wait till grobe or cutcliffe is the next coach. This place will literally explode.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: LZH on September 20, 2017, 07:34:05 pm
Go ahead and start a good argument with him. He digs it. I still argue with him - but can't help but like him because he is convinced he is right, even when he subconsciously knows I am 100% right.

Lol...his heart is in the right place. But soon, his eyes are going to burn dark.

I hate that this is going to turn out the way it is going to turn out but dang, the guy has to at some point put a good product on the field.

PRJ

greenEGnHAWGS

Thank goodness for a new topic of discussion...I was getting tired of all the CBB sucks and Fire Jeff Long threads...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

LZH

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on September 20, 2017, 07:56:24 pm
Thank goodness for a new topic of discussion...I was getting tired of all the CBB sucks and Fire Jeff Long threads...

Yeah if we could only get some Bobby Petrino threads started around here, we could stay busy all week long.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on September 20, 2017, 03:37:49 pm
Different sports and situation--- but how did you feel about Mike Anderson finishing .500 in year 6?  How do you feel about him now? 

Long said Arkansas is not a "win at all cost" program.  That means we don't want to cheat or recruit felons, right?  Does that really mean we don't want to win?

So Mike finished .500 in year 6?  check your facts...

HamSammich

Quote from: LZH on September 20, 2017, 08:10:37 pm
Yeah if we could only get some Bobby Petrino threads started around here, we could stay busy all week long.

Don't worry.... you people holding on the rope of suck only have to handle two more years. Show ldnbe fun for you.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: LZH on September 20, 2017, 08:10:37 pm

Those and the proper etiquette for the A&M game....personally I believe that a half Hog shirt, cutoff Levi's and drunk before you ever get to the stadium is fine attire and cussing every Collie fan you interact with is the proper etiquette...By God, it worked in the 70's when we played Texass....

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: HamSammich on September 20, 2017, 08:12:48 pm
Don't worry.... you people holding on the rope of suck only have to handle two more years. Show ldnbe fun for you.

He isn't a Bielema fan....

PRJ

LZH

Quote from: HamSammich on September 20, 2017, 08:12:48 pm

Is this something kind of code or something?

sowmonella

Quote from: codeHog on September 20, 2017, 07:23:11 pm
"If we lose this weekend, I'm going to have to step off the Bert wagon. And I will feel super bad about it, because I really, really like the guy. I want to win the right way, just like JL and CBB, but at some point, the wins have to start coming. "

yep

Bert. That's hysterical. Did you come up with that or did you read it somewhere? LOL
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HamSammich

Quote from: LZH on September 20, 2017, 08:23:20 pm

Yes I've changed to code so many can't be banned for belittling peps

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: LZH on September 20, 2017, 08:23:20 pm

He is just lathered up. He is one of us but his fury has got him lashing out at all.comers...

PRJ

LZH

Quote from: HamSammich on September 20, 2017, 08:25:32 pm
Yes I've changed to code so many can't be banned for belittling peps

Well don't screw me up so much that I forget my birthday backwards and windup locked out of everything online.

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 20, 2017, 08:25:41 pm
He is just lathered up. He is one of us but his fury has got him lashing out at all.comers...

PRJ

He's on board, but we all have our off nights.

Swestwill66

Quote from: HawgPound on September 20, 2017, 06:19:33 pm
I agree with the quote you replied too. It has nothing to do with Bielema being bigger than the program. Have you forgotten what an outhouse it was when Bielema got there? If you want change, real lasting change, you have to build a solid foundation. That is what Bielema has been doing with that "off the field stuff" that you are not so excited about. Sure he has to start winning now but he isn't going anywhere this year and that is a good thing.

So has he poured the foundation YET?