Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why did Perry go to an Adidas sponsored European

Started by Tusks, July 17, 2017, 06:50:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

tournament/camp and not a Nike which is what the UA is, isn't it?

Which is MSU ?  Adidas or Nike?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HardingHog

The Boar War

There may or may not be something to Adidas businessmen trying to get recruits to go to Adidas schools, but why MSU?  Perry's a 5 star.  If I were steering top level talent to Adidas schools it would be more along the lines of Indiana or Kansas not MSU.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The Boar War on July 17, 2017, 10:05:37 pm
There may or may not be something to Adidas businessmen trying to get recruits to go to Adidas schools, but why MSU?  Perry's a 5 star.  If I were steering top level talent to Adidas schools it would be more along the lines of Indiana or Kansas not MSU.

Maybe they view MSU as their SEC school and want to help get Howland off the ground there? I don't know who all wears adidas in the SEC, though, but I'd imagine Perry's mutual interest was a big factor and dad's alma mater + Howland migh have been big factors along with the shoe company pressure. I'm sure endorsement promises are being made as well.

Hawg Red

A&M is the only other adidas school in the SEC, by the way.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 17, 2017, 10:25:16 pm
Maybe they view MSU as their SEC school and want to help get Howland off the ground there? I don't know who all wears adidas in the SEC, though, but I'd imagine Perry's mutual interest was a big factor and dad's alma mater + Howland migh have been big factors along with the shoe company pressure. I'm sure endorsement promises are being made as well.

MSU and Texas A&M are the only adidas schools in the SEC. Auburn and South Carolina are Under Armour. Everyone else is Nike

The Boar War

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 17, 2017, 10:25:16 pm

I mean I guess it's possible but I have a hard time believing Adidas reps are spending a lot of time trying to push 5 star talent to MSU level schools (regardless of the ties) when they could be feeding their big name schools.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The Boar War on July 17, 2017, 10:43:47 pm
I mean I guess it's possible but I have a hard time believing Adidas reps are spending a lot of time trying to push 5 star talent to MSU level schools (regardless of the ties) when they could be feeding their big name schools.

How much do those big name schools need to be "fed?"

Kansas can pretty much recruit itself at this point. Mississippi State cannot. Very reasonable to think adidas wants to establish a footprint in the South.

azhog10

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 17, 2017, 10:28:08 pm
A&M is the only other adidas school in the SEC, by the way.
Tenner is/was. Did they switch?

Apparently they switched.

azhog10

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 17, 2017, 10:50:09 pm
How much do those big name schools need to be "fed?"

Kansas can pretty much recruit itself at this point. Mississippi State cannot. Very reasonable to think adidas wants to establish a footprint in the South.
It's not a point of "feeding" the schools. It's a point of keeping certain players with the shoe brand as long as possible. The hopes is they grow to prefer the shoe and when and if that player blows up, that shoe company is a step closer to being able to sign them to some shoe deal.

It costs them little to nothing and in the end could mean a huge pay out down the road.

3kgthog

It's an MSU thing, not an adidas thing. Stansbury raised eyebrows with some of the talent he got there. Howland is just continuing the tradition.

We all know MSU doesn't sell itself. Town sucks, school sucks, program sucks, facilities suck. No one goes there without a little extra incentive.