Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 09:04:50 am

I'm kinda pissed that we won

Started by bigpigpimpin, November 04, 2017, 06:50:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

Hog_Fink

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hoggiedawg

HOGINTENNESSEE

Loss to CC would never wash away.

Bret can still be fired

Jean-Luc Pigard

It's the least happiest I've ever been about a win.

ShadowTheHedgehog

I am always happy for a Hog Win. Will never root against the hogs. Everyone saw the issues with team team (its NOT the players) and the coaching changing will still be made.

docryde3

It happened once already, I doubt a 2nd time would be enough for Jeff to fire him. I'm not a Nutt fan but when he was coach we excelled against pay to play teams.
Woo Pig Sooie

ChicoHog

I was thinking he may have been fired tomorrow if we lost.  Now I just think this narrow escape will help fire him after the season providing we stay the course and lose our last 3 games. 

Hire Brent Venables and recruit some defensive studs!!!!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 04, 2017, 06:59:03 pm
I was thinking he may have been fired tomorrow if we lost.  Now I just think this narrow escape will help fire him after the season providing we stay the course and lose our last 3 games. 

Hire Brent Venables and recruit some defensive studs!!!!

I can get behind Venables. He would also bring Mizz's OC

sickboy

Porkette

I'm very happy our program didn't get embarrassed by a loss like that. It would be there forever, with the Citadel. Much worse than Toledo.

Fire Bielema either way.
GO HOGS GO!

DoctorSusscrofa

We've known how you feel about wins for some time now.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Farmer Hogget

I know you are.  Because YOU are not a fan of the Razorbacks.  You are merely a hater. 

I know all the haters were out there breathing through their mouths slapping high fives because you just KNEW coach would be fired after the game.  But, he pulled out another win!  Ruined your fantasy of having the coach that is not Bobby Petrino fired.

Brett Beliema will not be fired.  Neither will Jeff Long.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

The better prepared team definitely lost today.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Dirty

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 04, 2017, 07:13:53 pm
I know you are.  Because YOU are not a fan of the Razorbacks.  You are merely a hater. 

I know all the haters were out there breathing through their mouths slapping high fives because you just KNEW coach would be fired after the game.  But, he pulled out another win!  Ruined your fantasy of having the coach that is not Bobby Petrino fired.

No, it's about football and coaching!  Have you seen any?

PBistheman

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 04, 2017, 07:13:53 pm

[/quote

I AM a HOG FAN and I agree with the fact we pretty much needed to lose this game to save the program.  Long and BB are cruising the program off a cliff and if it doesn't change quickly it will be so far gone that it may take a decade to even think about being relevant again.  Gotta hedge our bets and get out what we can.
Wimbly wombly, you know when I play the bass they say my face looks like a jellyfish

Athog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 04, 2017, 06:50:56 pm
No change now. Dangit!

That is a real fan! If I am a recruit I really want to play with fans like this!

Pigasaurus

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 04, 2017, 06:54:23 pm
I am always happy for a Hog Win. Will never root against the hogs. Everyone saw the issues with team team (its NOT the players) and the coaching changing will still be made.

This. I don't care if our coach is the love child of Manson,  you don't hope your team loses.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

LawDogg

I'm sad to say I was hoping we lost, and I have been rooting for the hogs since I was 8 years old. I think it is time for this nightmare to end. CBB is not a good coach and it is time to move on.

GunnerHawg70

Let me say that I agree a change is needed buuuuut - I have never seen or heard of a fan base that WANTS their team to LOSE?!?! I'm just as perplexed as all of you but wanting a loss just to POSSIBLY get a coach fired is down right idiotic!!! I hope all of you are successful in life because the minute you face adversity or experience failure, let's see how it feels when NO ONE supports you...FAAAAAACK!!! You people are terrible!!!!

King Kong

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 04, 2017, 06:53:03 pm
Loss to CC would never wash away.

Bret can still be fired

I agree with this. If you as a program can avoid these embarrassing losses it's better.

Those stick to a program

TM Hog

Why would anyone wish for a loss? Isn't that an insult to the players who practice their butts off every week? Why hang a loss on the players because YOU want a loss. Don't understand that mentality. 

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 04, 2017, 08:25:20 pm
Let me say that I agree a change is needed buuuuut - I have never seen or heard of a fan base that WANTS their team to LOSE?!?! I'm just as perplexed as all of you but wanting a loss just to POSSIBLY get a coach fired is down right idiotic!!! I hope all of you are successful in life because the minute you face adversity or experience failure, let's see how it feels when NO ONE supports you...FAAAAAACK!!! You people are terrible!!!!

In the end, it would not have mattered that the Razorbacks won by 101 points.  They would still be saying the same crap!  We shouldn't celebrate beating a team like this.  They are not fans.  They fail the definition of the word. 

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 04, 2017, 08:29:41 pm
Because we know that with each mediocre win, like beating ole miss with no head coach, or the worst team in the sun belt by 1 point, gives our AD fuel for an excuse to keep him. Losses get us a new coach and hope for the future. What about that don't you get?

You know nothing
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 04, 2017, 08:29:41 pm
Because we know that with each mediocre win, like beating ole miss with no head coach, or the worst team in the sun belt by 1 point, gives our AD fuel for an excuse to keep him. Losses get us a new coach and hope for the future. What about that don't you get?
Because buds no matter if CBB or whomever is coaching, I will not root against or want the Hogs to lose...no true Hog fan wishes a loss but understands a need for change...really cheety post OP...

Grunt

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 04, 2017, 06:50:56 pm
No change now. Dangit!
Same here. First time in 60 yrs to root against our team.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 04, 2017, 08:34:35 pm
In the end, it would not have mattered that the Razorbacks won by 101 points.  They would still be saying the same crap!  We shouldn't celebrate beating a team like this.  They are not fans.  They fail the definition of the word.
If you don't want to celebrate a WIN then don't!!! I bet the boys are smiling and breathing a sigh of relief going to bed knowing that played their asses off and got the the WIN!!! Faaaaaaacking terrible fan base!!!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Grunt on November 04, 2017, 08:41:23 pm
Same here. First time in 60 yrs to root against our team.

It's not our team the moment you want them to lose... it's my team.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 04, 2017, 08:42:53 pm
If you don't want to celebrate a WIN then don't!!! I bet the boys are smiling and breathing a sigh of relief going to bed knowing that played their asses off and got the the WIN!!! Faaaaaaacking terrible fan base!!!

Truth. Our fans are annoying.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

DeltaBoy

If Nutt had been coaching Saturday we won by 40 points.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jabberjawls

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 04, 2017, 08:39:12 pm
Because buds no matter if CBB or whomever is coaching, I will not root against or want the Hogs to lose...no true Hog fan wishes a loss but understands a need for change...really cheety post OP...
You must be a young feller.