Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooch

yraciv

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on January 01, 2013, 02:16:10 pm
I don't know but they just screwed me on 2 parlays and my 6.5 pt teaser. Bastards

Good think that Mike Gundy doesn't take his foot off the gas, because I got OSU -7.5 2nd half line.

I have not played a teaser in over ten years and never will.
Let's make some waves.

Hooch

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on January 01, 2013, 04:32:43 pm
I have not played a teaser in over ten years and never will.

I play them every week in NFL.  Usually 3 a day, I have had really good luck with them.  I don't in college, NFL is more predictable to me. 

widespreadsooie

Had UGA earlier and on Stanford right now. Thinking about adding NIU and/or the under.

Quote from: widespreadsooie on January 01, 2013, 06:48:14 pm
Had UGA earlier and on Stanford right now. Thinking about adding NIU and/or the under.

If you wanna add niu I will personally take that for up to a dime bet. Just pm me and we can work out details.  I just bumped fl st to 3 dimes my largest play of the year, and happy to take more I you want in.
Let's make some waves.

All I need is dl #
SS #
Address
Address of closest relative, and one person I know on this site to verify and we can roll. Will take your bet right now!
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Hooch on January 01, 2013, 04:36:28 pm
I play them every week in NFL.  Usually 3 a day, I have had really good luck with them.  I don't in college, NFL is more predictable to me. 

I just don't like teasers. Rather play a three team parlay and get the 6-1 payout!
Let's make some waves.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on January 01, 2013, 06:56:59 pm
If you wanna add niu I will personally take that for up to a dime bet. Just pm me and we can work out details.  I just bumped fl st to 3 dimes my largest play of the year, and happy to take more I you want in.

Chill out. Honestly not sure why this would be your largest play of the year but I wish you luck.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: widespreadsooie on January 01, 2013, 07:13:03 pm
Chill out. Honestly not sure why this would be your largest play of the year but I wish you luck.

No worries just was willing to take extra action on it. Largess play because of the talent difference. Yes anything can happen, but fl st has top 5 talent. Niu does not have top 50 talent. Could be an underdog thing, but I doubt it.
Let's make some waves.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: Hooch on January 01, 2013, 02:45:30 pm
Not suitable for Work

ah ok lol, she is freaking super hot no matter what....did you notice she was born in Arkansas?

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on January 01, 2013, 02:36:56 pm
betting $250 tonight on under 59 in Fla St/NI

Am I the only one who loves the under in this game?

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on January 01, 2013, 07:27:16 pm
No worries just was willing to take extra action on it. Largess play because of the talent difference. Yes anything can happen, but fl st has top 5 talent. Niu does not have top 50 talent. Could be an underdog thing, but I doubt it.

I watched NIU a couple times this season and in my opinion they sit comfortably within the top 50 talent wise but after the first quarter it looks good for you I'd say.

DadVader1

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on January 01, 2013, 07:48:45 pm
did you notice she was born in Arkansas?

Yeah, that cracked me up.  You might need to photoshop a Razorback towel on her beach chair.

It's been an exciting, fun, and profitable bowl season so far.  Here's hoping we can all finish up the bowl season on this roll! 

I hadn't played many parlays in the past, so today was my first time to have a push in an otherwise winning parlay.  I was pleasantly surprised to learn that you still win, just at the next lower level (it turned a few 4-game parlays into 3-game parlays).

WILL CLINTON

Did pretty well today, outside of Mississippi St.

Hit a couple parlays along with the individual bets.

Don't know why, but I like Louisville and the over tomorrow.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on January 02, 2013, 12:39:30 am
Did pretty well today, outside of Mississippi St.

Hit a couple parlays along with the individual bets.

Don't know why, but I like Louisville and the over tomorrow.

I like Louisville too. The under looks good to me though.

4-1-1 on the day

Fantastic day three teamer reverts to two teamer win with the push on S Carolina.

Was a +23 unit day without the bump up on fl st. With that it made it a +43 unit New Year's Day.

Haven't decided on tonight.  I honestly may not play it.  My lean is Florida -14 and over 45.5 but may not play it at all.
Let's make some waves.

DadVader1

January 02, 2013, 10:14:38 am #2119 Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:15:37 am by DadVader1
Congrats on setting the bar VERY high to start the New Year (and THANKS for convincing me to add Fl State)! 

I went 2-0 on Monday and 3-0-1 on Tuesday.  I should probably count Tuesday as 4-0-1 since I made 3 plays on SCe at different spreads (4 units covered & 3 units pushed).  With a few parlays, had a +32 Tuesday.  I have a few parlays left on which I'm not highly confident about the last game, so I faded them for a guarantee of at least 9 more units (and a tiny chance of threading the needle and getting to keep both sides ... if Florida wins by 14 or Oregon wins by 8 or 9, I'll be VERY happy).  I can't wait for next season to see how much of it was luck and how much of it was the massive new spreadsheet I'm tinkering with and testing.

None of the remaining bowl games clear all of the hurdles that I'd ideally like to see.  If I play them, it will probably be because I'm following the lead of a few of you gurus or in smaller amounts just for fun.  My lean tonight is Florida.  I have a few parlays in which Florida is the last game left, but my confidence level on that game isn't high, so I added a play on Louisville to guarantee a payout.  The other parlay that I faded was one in which Kansas State was the last game left and in which I added a play on Oregon to guarantee a payout.

widespreadsooie

4-1 between Monday and Tuesday. If I play anything tonight it will be the under which is at 48 now. Bowl games I'm liking for the rest of the season are K St. +9, A&M -3 (love), OM -3, and ND +10.5.

I played over 48 tonight Florida and Louisville / 5 unit play

Just locked in Oregon -8 tomorrow for a dime 10 unit play.
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on January 02, 2013, 02:39:27 pm
Just locked in Oregon -8 tomorrow for a dime 10 unit play.

Makes me feel better about my play.

DadVader1

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on January 02, 2013, 02:50:30 pm
Makes me feel better about my play.

And makes me feel like less of a wimp for fading my parlay.

Hooch

Went Fl -14.5
1H line FL -7.5
U 24.5

Hit big last night after Jeff convinced me, made my biggest bet of the year on the Noles. 

widespreadsooie

Pissed I played NIU instead of the under last night. Good call Jeff.

Quote from: widespreadsooie on January 02, 2013, 06:24:44 pm

Hey man it happens.  If any of us got all of th right we wouldn't have real jobs.  Sorry if I seemed like an ass about it.  I thought NIU game planned perfectly to not let things get out of hand.  They played hard and gave it all they had.  Game to be proud of by those kids.

I also liked that their coach who had taken the head job at NC ST was in the stands cheering on the players he recruited. Class all the way in my book.
Let's make some waves.

NikeHog

I got Louisville +14.5.
I didn't know if Florida could score 14 and after that first play I'm kinda excited.
Go Hogs Go!
WPS!

Hoping that early defensive score by cards helps the over tonight.   Couldn't bring myself to bet either team against the line.  For those that took Louisville plus 14 or so looking good early. Good luck to all!
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: NikeHog on January 02, 2013, 07:39:10 pm
I got Louisville +14.5.
I didn't know if Florida could score 14 and after that first play I'm kinda excited.

I'm with ya. Really need Florida to help out with the scoring though, got the over and Louisville in a parlay.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on January 02, 2013, 07:34:26 pm
Hey man it happens.  If any of us got all of th right we wouldn't have real jobs.  Sorry if I seemed like an ass about it.  I thought NIU game planned perfectly to not let things get out of hand.  They played hard and gave it all they had.  Game to be proud of by those kids.

I also liked that their coach who had taken the head job at NC ST was in the stands cheering on the players he recruited. Class all the way in my book.

Never hard feeling from me in this thread. Favorite group of posters actually.

DadVader1

Glad I took the smaller guaranteed payout instead of going all-or-nothing on FL covering for the last leg of the parlay.

Also glad FL got that last second TD before half to help you guys with the over.

Hooch

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Hooch on January 02, 2013, 09:28:13 pm
the ville at 9.5 2nd half and under 24.5. 

I couldn't believe that Louisville was +9.5 at halftime. I thought Santa was outside with a big ole sack of money.

Also took over 24.5 for the half, so we will have to see on that one, but more than made enough to cover that loss...

HogFanInBryant

I know its early and there is currently a BCS game on the TV--------but OMG I love over 47 in Colts/Ravens.  That game could easily sneak into the 60s!  Anyone buying what I am selling here?  Thinking of putting $500 on it early before it moves up and pray that there is not a snow storm!

Quote from: widespreadsooie on January 02, 2013, 08:53:18 pm
Never hard feeling from me in this thread. Favorite group of posters actually.

Pretty good group in this thread.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Hooch on January 02, 2013, 05:48:06 pm
Went Fl -14.5
1H line FL -7.5
U 24.5

Hit big last night after Jeff convinced me, made my biggest bet of the year on the Noles. 

Glad you had the big hitter.  Even more so that if people were betting based on what I said I didn't screw it up :)
Let's make some waves.

Hooch

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on January 03, 2013, 05:39:30 am

Glad you had the big hitter.  Even more so that if people were betting based on what I said I didn't screw it up :)

I liked it already but made me feel better about it so I threw a little more down.  Ended up even last night after getting on the 2nd half line.

DadVader1

I took another look at the Oregon game to see if I wanted to jump in and do more than just hedge my parlay and decided to sit this one out and just stick with hedging my parlay.  The prediction tracker website (thepredictiontracker.com) gives data from around 50 ratings systems in easily downloadable form.  Of those ratings systems, a small handful have pretty impressive records ATS when predicting both Oregon and Kansas St. games, and they are pretty evenly split in picking both teams.  I have a slight lean toward Oregon based on other factors, but my confidence level is fairly low based largely on the lack of consensus among the rating systems with good ATS records for both teams.

Tai_Mai_Shu

I also took Oregon at -8.  I hope the Kelly to NFL talk isn't a distraction.  I'm betting that K State will struggle with the speed of Oregon much like they struggle with Baylor.  Let's see this plays out.

widespreadsooie

I've been leaning K State since this line came out but I really don't know if I could pick a side if I had a gun to my head at this point after doing some research. PASS.

DadVader1

I've warmed up a bit to A&M at -3.  I originally had 2 units on OK at +5, so I did 5 units on A&M at -3 to approximate taking A&M with 3 units.  Now I'm pulling for A&M to win by 4 to collect on both sides.  Have any of you ever pulled that off where you changed your mind, had money on both teams at difference spreads, and collected on both?  (I have not).

widespreadsooie

Quote from: DadVader1 on January 03, 2013, 01:32:05 pm
I've warmed up a bit to A&M at -3.  I originally had 2 units on OK at +5, so I did 5 units on A&M at -3 to approximate taking A&M with 3 units.  Now I'm pulling for A&M to win by 4 to collect on both sides.  Have any of you ever pulled that off where you changed your mind, had money on both teams at difference spreads, and collected on both?  (I have not).

It would be a righteous feeling. However, I think A&M wins by AT LEAST 7.

Hooch

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Hooch on January 03, 2013, 04:24:07 pm
I am going Oregon -8 and under 74

I think the under is the safest play of the four between total and spread. Still hard to bet an Oregon under. Although, I think both teams bring some D tonight. Maybe even some sluggish O's at the beginning. Can't bank on a shoot out.

Hawgndaaz

im all over the place on this one. just made small bets here and there to keep me entertained on this road trip. been skiing all week so i'm exhausted but glad to be closer to sea level already.

1Q: Ore -.5 and 16.5 OVER 1 u

1H: Ore -5  1u

Kstate +8.5, 74 OVER 1.25u

Random, I know.

tiber

yraciv

Forgot to post guys, but I'm on Oregon as well, bought the hook to 7.

WILL CLINTON

added Ore -3.5 and under 35.5 for the 2nd half.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on January 03, 2013, 09:34:49 pm
added Ore -3.5 and under 35.5 for the 2nd half.

same here. gotta recoup my dumb bets lol.