Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Life Changes

Started by Pulled(PP)pork, February 05, 2013, 01:59:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulled(PP)pork

gonna start with trying to drop a few pounds, will most like use something over the counter like Hydroxycut or similar.  I then will focus on getting my T levels up and then start working out.

anybody has a good experience with a weight loss drug?

and I know all the dangers/pitfalls of this method, so save your breastesses

PP

DeltaBoy

Yep but they spiked my BP so I got off them per my Dr.   Fresh Fruits, Veggies and Lean meat plus lots of water along with some exercise.    Mixing a Bike and Treadmill with Weights has worked for me.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Guinness Snout

PES alphamine is one I'm on now and I like it pretty good.  Its actually a powder you mix and drink.  It gets good reviews

Buff

I've used Cellucor HD with good luck.  It's caffeine based, and I have a high tolerance so no jitters or racing heartbeat that I got from DMAA-derived stuff. 

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Buff on February 05, 2013, 04:23:56 pm
I've used Cellucor HD with good luck.  It's caffeine based, and I have a high tolerance so no jitters or racing heartbeat that I got from DMAA-derived stuff.
I drink enough energy drinks, I prolly wouldn't notice either

PP

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on February 05, 2013, 01:59:03 pm
gonna start with trying to drop a few pounds, will most like use something over the counter like Hydroxycut or similar.  I then will focus on getting my T levels up and then start working out.

anybody has a good experience with a weight loss drug?

and I know all the dangers/pitfalls of this method, so save your breastesses

PP

I recommend Oxy Elite Pro.  I think they watered it down a bit, but I actually lost more weight than I wanted to on it (you don't hear that every day).  I went from 225 to 185ish, and I'm 6-3.  Appetite suppressant was phenomenal as long as you were keeping up your dosages, which were two in the morning on an empty stomach and two around lunch. 

I work out religiously anyway, so it wasn't hard to complement OEP with exercise.  I'm far from an expert, but doing these three will take off the pounds:
1. Take OEP
2. Cut and count calories (I used the MyFitnessPal app)
3. Exercise/weight training

H&D

Do you drink Coke/Pop/Soda?  If so stop.  You will be amazed what that alone will do. 
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Hawg Balling

Quote from: H&D on February 06, 2013, 12:57:19 pm
Do you drink Coke/Pop/Soda?  If so stop.  You will be amazed what that alone will do.

Ditto.  Just switching from Dr. Pepper to Diet Dr. Pepper made a world of difference for me.

Pulled(PP)pork

It's half and half with me.....I try to drink sugar free stuff, but occasionally give in to the demons within

PP

Huckleberry Pig

February 06, 2013, 01:51:12 pm #9 Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:09:03 pm by Huckleberry Pig
Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on February 06, 2013, 01:05:05 pm
It's half and half with me.....I try to drink sugar free stuff, but occasionally give in to the demons within

PP

It's okay to have one once a week or so.  I will have a Dr. Pepper on Sunday as my cheat.  But like what was said above, largely cut sodas and sugar out of your diet and you'll be shocked at what it can do for you. 

Also like someone else mentioned... meat, fruit, greens, and nuts.  Try to take out much of the starch

Hog_Fink

quit drinking soda, quit eating starches & sugars

Hawgndaaz

oxyelite is great, but the side effects suck for me

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 06, 2013, 02:35:22 pm
oxyelite is great, but the side effects suck for me

What side effects did you experience?  I took it back before they watered it down a bit and didn't really experience much in the way of jitters or anything, but I also drink about 5 cups of coffee a day and am used to that much caffeine. 

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Hawg Balling on February 06, 2013, 02:51:02 pm
What side effects did you experience?  I took it back before they watered it down a bit and didn't really experience much in the way of jitters or anything, but I also drink about 5 cups of coffee a day and am used to that much caffeine. 

pretty much the same as adderol. sweating all over, specifically arms and crack lol. would make my heart rate go nuts when doing cardio. Finally realized i just couldn't have a drop of caffeine while taking it or i'd feel like i was going die from sweating and jitteriness.

this coming from someon who has taken various ADD meds for 10 years.

ldfergu

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 05, 2013, 03:09:00 pm
Yep but they spiked my BP so I got off them per my Dr.   Fresh Fruits, Veggies and Lean meat plus lots of water along with some exercise.    Mixing a Bike and Treadmill with Weights has worked for me.
Well put.  Don't eat garbage and exercise regularly.  Simple as that

spe450

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on February 05, 2013, 04:45:14 pm
I drink enough energy drinks, I prolly wouldn't notice either

PP

Don't drink those anymore.  Learn to love black coffee instead.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: spe450 on February 06, 2013, 03:45:10 pm
Don't drink those anymore.  Learn to love black coffee instead.

or even better, water... need more flavor or energy?  add a few drops of Mio energy or Mio fit.  Those things only cost a few bucks and will last a long time.  Much cheaper than 5hr and much better for you than coffee.

TX HOG

Ive dropped 10 just by eating better.  banana breakfast, tuna salad lunch, decently healthy dinner.  no soda, only diet dp.  bout gallon of h2o a day.  Beer on weekend.  working so far.

majestic

Beer, cigarettes, meat, vegetables. No bread, sugar, pasta or bread. No bread.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

ldfergu

Quote from: majestic on February 06, 2013, 08:30:50 pm
Beer, cigarettes, meat, vegetables. No bread, sugar, pasta or bread. No bread.
As long as they're 'lights'

majestic

Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

TX HOG

Ive also cheated on dinner several times, but 10 down.  10-15 to go

spe450

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on February 06, 2013, 04:38:02 pm
or even better, water... need more flavor or energy?  add a few drops of Mio energy or Mio fit.  Those things only cost a few bucks and will last a long time.  Much cheaper than 5hr and much better for you than coffee.

I've actually gotten to really like the Mio energy.  I'll have some pre workout for a boost.

Lando Calrissian

This and alcohol.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

TomasPistola

I dropped cokes completely from my diet. I drink only water or water with the propel zero packets for a little flavor. Occasionally - once or twice a week, I'll give in and have a sweet tea from Chick Fil A.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

ldfergu

Quote from: majestic on February 06, 2013, 08:42:31 pm
Light bread won't work either.
No I totally agree, just how the marketing world tricks people.  Camel Lights, Bud Light, Light bread

Ragnar Hogbrok

I've lost over 13 pounds of fat in 45 days.  It's easy.

1.  Deploy to Afghanistan.
2.  Get pissed at everything and everybody here.
3.  Work your balls off so you don't have time for anything else except what is listed in #4, 5, & 6.
4.  Hit the gym, as it will be your only source of entertainment.
5.  Eat at crappy chow halls so you don't eat as much.
6.  Run on a treadmill and visualize in your mind you're running all the way home.

I have lost about 30-40 pounds every time I've deployed following the plan listed above.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

spe450

By the way, this month marks 3 years with no soda for me.

Hawgzilla

Man I need some motavation.....Would like too drop about 15 pounds but I LOVE Cokes and beer....I guess till I get odf of those its not happening. ...

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Hawgzilla on February 07, 2013, 09:26:52 am
Man I need some motavation.....Would like too drop about 15 pounds but I LOVE Cokes and beer....I guess till I get odf of those its not happening. ...

quitting cold turkey is hard to do. I suggest trying to estimate how much you drink of each per day/week, and then cutting that in half. know that you get 1 coke a day at XX time will greatly help

I used to drink an unreal amount of diet coke. finally told myself i'd switch to black coffee in the morning, water at lunch, then one diet coke to "pick me up" in the afternoon around 2-3. It works wonders.

If you love beer, just get the really low carb/low calory stuff. you won't like it as much and won't drink as much anyway.

spe450

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 07, 2013, 10:06:44 am

If you love beer, just get the really low carb/low calory stuff. you won't like it as much and won't drink as much anyway.

Plus you feel like a [CENSORED] ordering it and drinking it so you drink less.

GreenwayTigerHog

I can't stand light beer so when I'm trying to drop a few, I'll sip on a Maker's Mark with a little ice.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: GreenwayTigerHog on February 07, 2013, 11:05:30 am
I can't stand light beer so when I'm trying to drop a few, I'll sip on a Maker's Mark with a little ice.

Makers is my favorite sipping whiskey hands down. i like it with a splash of water and a lemon

DeltaBoy

I drink pop once a week. I got to get back to working out more but I have been running nonstop with my work and church activities.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Grag T

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on February 07, 2013, 03:53:07 am
I've lost over 13 pounds of fat in 45 days.  It's easy.

1.  Deploy to Afghanistan.
2.  Get pissed at everything and everybody here.
3.  Work your balls off so you don't have time for anything else except what is listed in #4, 5, & 6.
4.  Hit the gym, as it will be your only source of entertainment.
5.  Eat at crappy chow halls so you don't eat as much.
6.  Run on a treadmill and visualize in your mind you're running all the way home.

I have lost about 30-40 pounds every time I've deployed following the plan listed above.

I don't doubt a single thing in your post.  Dang if that didn't make me laugh hard though
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 07, 2013, 10:06:44 am
quitting cold turkey is hard to do. I suggest trying to estimate how much you drink of each per day/week, and then cutting that in half. know that you get 1 coke a day at XX time will greatly help

I used to drink an unreal amount of diet coke. finally told myself i'd switch to black coffee in the morning, water at lunch, then one diet coke to "pick me up" in the afternoon around 2-3. It works wonders.

I used the Crystal Light Energy packets. Still has some Caffeine in it so I wasn't trying to kill people and slowly weened myself even off those. Worked very well for me.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Tai_Mai_Shu

I've been on a protein diet eating fruits, vegs, almonds, nuts, greek yogurt, tuna.  It's working out good since I've went from 191 to 175.  I don't know if that's healthy but it's working for me.  Good luck.

DeltaBoy

cosmodrum

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 07, 2013, 11:59:23 am
Makers is my favorite sipping whiskey hands down. i like it with a splash of water and a lemon

The club is out of Knob Creek because of me.

Should I cut back?
Go away, batin'

spe450

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 07, 2013, 11:59:23 am

I hear they are cutting back alcohol content.

cosmodrum

Quote from: spe450 on February 12, 2013, 01:48:40 pm
I hear they are cutting back alcohol content.

Maker's Mark? Why?

Don't eff with something so perfect and delicious.
Go away, batin'

GreenwayTigerHog

They can't supply the demand right now so they are watering it down by 3% or something like that.  Seems weird to me. 

cosmodrum

Quote from: GreenwayTigerHog on February 12, 2013, 01:55:12 pm
They can't supply the demand right now so they are watering it down by 3% or something like that.  Seems weird to me.

Everything was fine until some dumb ass mentioned it in a rap song. Then the demand and price went up.

Go away, batin'

GreenwayTigerHog

Oh I thought it was my fault for mentioning it here...

spe450

Quote from: cosmodrum on February 12, 2013, 01:50:14 pm
Maker's Mark? Why?

Don't eff with something so perfect and delicious.

Jim Black was a favorite until it won some awards and shot up in price.  Wish people would keep their mouths shut.

cosmodrum

Quote from: spe450 on February 12, 2013, 03:35:05 pm
Jim Black was a favorite until it won some awards and shot up in price.  Wish people would keep their mouths shut.

I have a feeling I'm safe with Evan Williams.
Go away, batin'

10thPlanet

Like Delta stated, you have to count calories. I use My Net Diary app. Started Oct 22, 2012 went from 262 to 220 as of today. I was wanting to get under 225 by the 23rd to fight in a grappling tourney. The super heavy weight is 225 and up, and I didn't want to get a beast. Now I am in heavy 200-224.9. I am still not eating clean foods. If I am not full and I have little calories left I throw in a bag of broccoli in the microwave. The program figures out your calories, etc for you.

TX HOG

im down 20lbs w/o exercise.  eating better, not starving.  water, diet soda.  beer on weekends.  i plan to cont what im doing for another 5-10lbs, then throw in cardio for last 10lbs or so. 

twistitup

Eliminate calories = lose weight

Calories in vs calories out

No drugs needed
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

DeltaBoy

Cutting out soda except for special treats helped me.  I rarely buy soda for the house unless it's for a weekend of watching Football.  Then it is just 1 2 liter bottle and no more.