Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

East St. Louis DB Charles Bass narrows his list of finalists

Started by jbcarol, April 22, 2024, 08:24:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

CB Charles Bass names top schools

by: Hunter Shelton

QuoteEast St. Louis (Mo.) four-star cornerback Charles Bass is beginning to narrow his recruitment.

6-foot-0.5, 185-pounder trimmed his list of top schools down to 10. Arkansas, Cincinnati, Illinois, Kansas, LSU, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Oregon and Texas A&M all made the cut.

Bass' March included trips to Arkansas, Missouri and LSU. This month he's made visits to Cincinnati, Illinois, Nebraska and Kansas

"I will go where I feel most at home," Bass said. "I also want to go where I will be developed on and off the field. My trust in the coaches is important. The connection with the people will be a factor too."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

ChicoHog

@Blue-Chip

mizzouman

Quote from: Blue-Chip on April 22, 2024, 03:30:33 pmHas he been wowed by A&M Facilities yet?
A&M........a program who does less with more each and every year.

tom horn

mizzouman

@Blue-Chip

I was serious, these recruits are visiting Missouri, Arkansas, Auburn, and signing the day after stepping on A&M campus.  What is it now 4 in a row?  That kid last week, WR Lambert-Smith, Aggies will take him if they want too, however they're now fighting Bama for an Arizona WR.  Nic Scourton (Edge) he'll be revisting Mizzou & Arkansas in 4 months...  Mizzouman, you think A&M has "do less with more" coaches now? Elko, Klein, Cushman, Motley?  Buckle up!

mizzouman

Quote from: Blue-Chip on April 23, 2024, 08:59:01 amI was serious, these recruits are visiting Missouri, Arkansas, Auburn, and signing the day after stepping on A&M campus.  What is it now 4 in a row?  That kid last week, WR Lambert-Smith, Aggies will take him if they want too, however they're now fighting Bama for an Arizona WR.  Nic Scourton (Edge) he'll be revisting Mizzou & Arkansas in 4 months...  Mizzouman, you think A&M has "do less with more" coaches now? Elko, Klein, Cushman, Motley?  Buckle up!
Wait and see.  Did you see Jimbo's classes?  Perhaps the best class EVER.  What did they do with that?  Nothing.  In fact, most are gone. 

It remains to be seen what A$M can.  But going from past history, not much.  Can Elko change that?  He might, but it's a wait see deal.

tom horn

mizzouman

A$M hasn't won double digits games in last 12 years and only once in the last 25 years.  Yet, with all that money and with great recruiting classes, this football program has been very, very mediocre. 

@Blue-Chip

Quote from: mizzouman on April 23, 2024, 01:54:26 pmA$M hasn't won double digits games in last 12 years and only once in the last 25 years.  Yet, with all that money and with great recruiting classes, this football program has been very, very mediocre.
So you're one of those guys! lol  Not one of the coaches you're describing as "less with more" is in the program you're talking about. When Elko was the DC, the Defense was like Top 5 or better? All A&M's current  coaches have a history of "doing more with less", do you think that changes because they're on A&M Campus? Mizzou vs A&M (Oct 5). Huge Game for both programs!

mizzouman

Quote from: Blue-Chip on April 23, 2024, 03:39:16 pmSo you're one of those guys! lol  Not one of the coaches you're describing as "less with more" is in the program you're talking about. When Elko was the DC, the Defense was like Top 5 or better? All A&M's current  coaches have a history of "doing more with less", do you think that changes because they're on A&M Campus? Mizzou vs A&M (Oct 5). Huge Game for both programs!
I look at trends.  Sumlin was good at Houston with 2 double digits wins in 4 years.  What did he do at A&M? One double digit win season then declined.  Jimbo won the NC at FLA ST.  What did he do at A$M, nothing. 

Elko, who knows?  But as of today, A$M with all their resources have definitely done less with more. 

mizzouman

Back to the OP.  Bass will be on an unofficial visit to Mizzou on Thursday. 

TheGrove68

Quote from: Blue-Chip on April 23, 2024, 03:39:16 pmSo you're one of those guys! lol  Not one of the coaches you're describing as "less with more" is in the program you're talking about. When Elko was the DC, the Defense was like Top 5 or better? All A&M's current  coaches have a history of "doing more with less", do you think that changes because they're on A&M Campus? Mizzou vs A&M (Oct 5). Huge Game for both programs!

What IMO the A&M trend show cases is that somewhere within the Aggie system there is a element of Rot and Poison, either the administration, alumni or both some how create issues. To many good coaches have stepped on that Campus and under performed with Talent and resources most Programs can only dream of for something to not be a foul in Aggie land.

Now with that said the right coach could clean out that Rot and build a dynasty with the Talent they have.
The Grove...  Home of Don Faurot

hobhog

With the unrestricted free agency portal it's just hard to get excited about any recruit these days. A$M had one of best classes ever poised for a good 2-3 year run, and now has little to show for it.

Recruiting is for 6 month commitments these days.

mizzouman

Quote from: hobhog on April 25, 2024, 10:48:45 amWith the unrestricted free agency portal it's just hard to get excited about any recruit these days. A$M had one of best classes ever poised for a good 2-3 year run, and now has little to show for it.

Recruiting is for 6 month commitments these days.
This is true

liljo

Mizzou should be undefeated coming into that one. Let's see, they play Slippery Rock, Sisters of the Poor, Whatsamattah U, and Vanderbilt before playin' the Naggies. The following week they play UMass...UMASS!

It's the one game I'll be rootin' for A$M. Why can't the Hogs ever, EVER get a schedule like Mizzou??? Looks like the A$M game is their first road game of the season!

Paper Tigers.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

jbcarol

Looking at the Recruiting Prediction Machine for Charles Bass, three things stand out:

No program holds a majority.

MSU is higher than what you might think

Arkansas is definitely on the Bingo card.

You cannot see attachments on this board.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

mizzouman

Quote from: jbcarol on April 25, 2024, 12:19:23 pmLooking at the Recruiting Prediction Machine for Charles Bass, three things stand out:

No program holds a majority.

MSU is higher than what you might think

Arkansas is definitely on the Bingo card.

You cannot see attachments on this board.
Unless something drastic happens, he's going to Mizzou.

TheGrove68

Quote from: liljo on April 25, 2024, 12:09:28 pmMizzou should be undefeated coming into that one. Let's see, they play Slippery Rock, Sisters of the Poor, Whatsamattah U, and Vanderbilt before playin' the Naggies. The following week they play UMass...UMASS!

It's the one game I'll be rootin' for A$M. Why can't the Hogs ever, EVER get a schedule like Mizzou??? Looks like the A$M game is their first road game of the season!

Paper Tigers.

Are you angry at Mizzou for smart scheduling or angry at Ark. for bad scheduling? And A&M with their talent could kick our arse not doubt.

jbcarol

Quote from: mizzouman on April 25, 2024, 04:50:45 pmUnless something drastic happens, he's going to Mizzou.

Being from a border city, would he qualify for in-state NIL?

liljo

Quote from: TheGrove68 on April 26, 2024, 02:40:55 amAre you angry at Mizzou for smart scheduling or angry at Ark. for bad scheduling? And A&M with their talent could kick our arse not doubt.
Neither but I do get a little pissed at fans that don't consider the challenges faced by CSP at Arkansas in their "critique" of his coaching verses that of the "genius in Columbia." :puke: 

Mizzou DEFINITELY is better in the scheduling department. Way, WAY better.  ;)

People talk about program averages from a historical perspective. Arkansas BEFORE $EC typically had 1-3 tough games per year, with a bunch of almost automatic wins built in. So going 8-4 to 11-1 was pretty common. Routinely if they beat Texas they had a great season. Every now and then A$M or Baylor, or later Houston would have pretty competitive teams. For a little bitty while SMU (and we all know how they did it) had a tough team.  :slowclap:

The Program has not, nor will it, fare well in the future against typical $EC scheduling, especially while making comparatively harder OOC schedules. Mizzou has DEFINITELY figured out a way around this. Kudos to those $0bs for that.  :slowclap: But I still hate 'em.  >:(
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

mizzouman

Quote from: jbcarol on April 26, 2024, 08:48:05 amBeing from a border city, would he qualify for in-state NIL?
I don't think so.  Perhaps he could transfer to a STL school.  I don't know but good question. 

ChicoHog

Quote from: liljo on April 25, 2024, 12:09:28 pmMizzou should be undefeated coming into that one. Let's see, they play Slippery Rock, Sisters of the Poor, Whatsamattah U, and Vanderbilt before playin' the Naggies. The following week they play UMass...UMASS!

Paper Tigers.
Before they were in the East which was a big advantage.  Now that we have done away with divisions schedules will be more balanced.  Problem is too many teams in the conference now so schedules are widely disparate.  I hate the big conferences as there is no way to prove on the field how to rank the teams since all schedules are different.

Mississippi always had a big advantage as Vandy was their permanent East opponent.  At least that is over!  Plus their OOC schedule has been relatively easy year after year.  I'm one of the guys who wants to play tougher OOC schedules.  I'd much rather watch us play OK St or Notre Dame than La-Monroe.  So would most of the fans I think.  I'd like 9 conf games, 1 "big" non-conf game against another power 4 opponent and 2 OOC games against Group of 5 type teams. None of this playing UAPB or UGA playing Mercer or SCarolina playing Wofford. 

TheGrove68

Quote from: liljo on April 26, 2024, 08:50:33 amNeither but I do get a little pissed at fans that don't consider the challenges faced by CSP at Arkansas in their "critique" of his coaching verses that of the "genius in Columbia." :puke: 

Mizzou DEFINITELY is better in the scheduling department. Way, WAY better.  ;)

People talk about program averages from a historical perspective. Arkansas BEFORE $EC typically had 1-3 tough games per year, with a bunch of almost automatic wins built in. So going 8-4 to 11-1 was pretty common. Routinely if they beat Texas they had a great season. Every now and then A$M or Baylor, or later Houston would have pretty competitive teams. For a little bitty while SMU (and we all know how they did it) had a tough team.  :slowclap:

The Program has not, nor will it, fare well in the future against typical $EC scheduling, especially while making comparatively harder OOC schedules. Mizzou has DEFINITELY figured out a way around this. Kudos to those $0bs for that.  :slowclap: But I still hate 'em.  >:(

Totally understand  and agree that once the Ark. left the SWC their world changed schedule wise.