Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ark-Bama game time, Network won't be decided until next week

Started by WizardofhOgZ, October 02, 2017, 12:41:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

We'll be on either CBS (2:30 PM Central), ESPN2 (6:00 PM) or ESPN (6:15 PM), depending on who wins what next Saturday.

http://www.secsports.com/article/20895478/sec-football-tv-schedule-games-october-14

razorsharptusk

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on October 02, 2017, 12:41:43 pm
We'll be on either CBS (2:30 PM Central), ESPN2 (6:00 PM) or ESPN (6:15 PM), depending on who wins what next Saturday.

http://www.secsports.com/article/20895478/sec-football-tv-schedule-games-october-14

Nice...we are their homecoming game...that's appropriate.
GO HOGS!!

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

East Clintwood

Quote from: rhames on October 02, 2017, 01:21:26 pm
Please no CBS.

Right.  The fewer people that see this the better. 

Raycom would be preferable.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

rhames

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 02, 2017, 01:26:27 pm

Just need to get out with no major Injuries. That's a win in my book.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

userpick

jacobp

I'm not at all upset I'll be out of the country and miss this one

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

DeltaBoy

Cancelled and not rescheduled. Due to bad weather.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Let's get the 3 Dave's to broadcast this one.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: code red on October 02, 2017, 02:45:18 pm
Please be 11 am.  Our only hope.

Can't be . . . Alabama is playing. 

Tide is not allowed to play at 11 AM . . . would break several SEC rules.

;)

hobhog

No one is forcing you losers to watch. Go support Bama.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on October 02, 2017, 12:41:43 pm

how bout say 9am Sat morning when a lot of the country is still sleeping and wont watch. If Bama put up 66 against Old Mrs,  we should look for 70+ against the Hogs.  Wish it wasnt so, but if a Sun Belt team can push our defense around and make long drives against us on our own home field,  Bama and its plethora of 4 and 5 star linemen will find little resistance from our D. 

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 02, 2017, 02:50:00 pm
Cancelled and not rescheduled. Due to bad weather.
hey, now thats an idea. Is there a hurricane somewhere that we can say we need to avoid so game will be cancelled?

I really hate feeling this way.  I remember when Lou Holtz suspended the 3 players before the Orange Bowl and everyone thought we were going to get killed but they came out and won 31.-6.  I desperately want to think there is hope.  Would love for Ark to come out on fire, focused and get a turnover or a scoop and score or a pick 6,  but I just come back to the actual players that will be on the field and I just cant see it.

Danimal

knoxvillehog

I will be there, been to everyone at Bryant Denny since 95 and not gonna end this year.  Hoping for 230 game, have many good memories of us beating Bama in the afternoon.

hobhog

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on October 02, 2017, 05:58:17 pm
how bout say 9am Sat morning when a lot of the country is still sleeping and wont watch. If Bama put up 66 against Old Mrs,  we should look for 70+ against the Hogs.  Wish it wasnt so, but if a Sun Belt team can push our defense around and make long drives against us on our own home field,  Bama and its plethora of 4 and 5 star linemen will find little resistance from our D.

You can always watch a rerun of The View. Your problem is solved.

East Clintwood

Quote from: hobhog on October 02, 2017, 05:29:46 pm
No one is forcing you losers to watch. Go support Bama.

You're missing the point.

Nobodies worried about us watching the game.

It's the people in the rest of the country that we don't want to watch. We don't want them to see how bad we are.  It's embarrassing.

rhames

Quote from: Danimal on October 02, 2017, 06:09:38 pm
Not playing on CBS would probably mean we lost to SC.

Not entirely put it's a possibility. We shall see.

EDIT

I agree with you now after looking at the schedule

HeathWimp

Quote from: rhames on October 02, 2017, 01:30:56 pm

Just need to get out with no major Injuries. That's a win in my book.

I feel the same way.  I think Bama is even more dominant this year than last.  I think there is a real chance of injuries.  I'd actually be ok with Bret playing a very conservative game, lots of runs to keep the clock going in order to shorten the game.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Boardon Hamsay

I'll be shocked if the line on this game is not at least Bama -35. Our only hope is a 4:00 am kickoff.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

jgphillips3

Maybe they could just not televise it.  It will be like watching guys clubbing baby seals.  No one needs to see that.

Dr. Starcs

BB should use it as a bye week. Bama views it that way anyway.

alohawg

I'm expecting a record breaking day. What's Arkansas' worst loss to Alabama?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Seebs

This has a feel of a temporary stay of execution. Wonder if we get two last meals?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

DeltaBoy

For what ever reason Nick seems to have pity on us and never really pours it on like he done Ole Miss.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

IronHog

Quote from: HeathWimp on October 02, 2017, 07:47:26 pm
I feel the same way.  I think Bama is even more dominant this year than last.  I think there is a real chance of injuries.  I'd actually be ok with Bret playing a very conservative game, lots of runs to keep the clock going in order to shorten the game.

Bama was just OK for Bamalast year

They are GOOD this year
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Razor1997

Quote from: alohawg on October 03, 2017, 01:56:41 am
I'm expecting a record breaking day. What's Arkansas' worst loss to Alabama?
52-0. Twice!

I don't think they'll beat us worse than that this year, though.

IronHog

Quote from: Razor1997 on October 03, 2017, 08:28:01 am
52-0. Twice!

I don't think they'll beat us worse than that this year, though.

They can if they want.

Vandy is better than Hogs and they looked like a FCS team vs Bama
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

hogcard1964

Bama will win, but they're not going to embarrass the Hogs.  I think it'll be somewhere in the area of a 14-21 point win.

I have to say, if the Hogs win this Saturday, that changes a lot of the landscape of the SEC.

Gonzo

Gonzo

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on October 02, 2017, 06:02:39 pm
hey, now thats an idea. Is there a hurricane somewhere that we can say we need to avoid so game will be cancelled?

I really hate feeling this way.  I remember when Lou Holtz suspended the 3 players before the Orange Bowl and everyone thought we were going to get killed but they came out and won 31.-6.  I desperately want to think there is hope.  Would love for Ark to come out on fire, focused and get a turnover or a scoop and score or a pick 6,  but I just come back to the actual players that will be on the field and I just cant see it.

There's always hope. I don't expect it to be much of a game the way Bama is rolling, but who knows? 

Go Hogs!

Next1_04

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 03, 2017, 08:53:45 am
Bama will win, but they're not going to embarrass the Hogs.  I think it'll be somewhere in the area of a 14-21 point win.

I have to say, if the Hogs win this Saturday, that changes a lot of the landscape of the SEC.

I like your optimism.

+1

Razor1997

Quote from: Gonzo on October 03, 2017, 09:01:48 am

There's always hope. I don't expect it to be much of a game the way Bama is rolling, but who knows? 

Go Hogs!

We may not have a one-in-a-million chance to beat Bama, but I'm sure we have at least a one-in-a-billion chance.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Razor1997 on October 03, 2017, 02:15:08 pm
We may not have a one-in-a-million chance to beat Bama, but I'm sure we have at least a one-in-a-billion chance.

Periodically, an epidemic of some horrible disease sweeps a team or a bus or plane crashes.  So, there is technically a chance...yes.

jst01

serious question - if the starting 22 on Bama were locked in a warehouse for the entire game, what would the score be?

HF#1

I'll be camping. Thank God. I'll DVR it just in case something stupid happens like we win.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HawgHeadCheese

Question for everyone. If an I mean "IF" Arkansas some how some way by the grace of God beats Bama and we still finish the season at say 7-5. Does that change your thinking on Bielema?

Razorfox

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on October 03, 2017, 02:44:44 pm
Question for everyone. If an I mean "IF" Arkansas some how some way by the grace of God beats Bama and we still finish the season at say 7-5. Does that change your thinking on Bielema?

If we beat Bama, we will finish better than 7-5, in my opinion. 

Since I'm still not ready to say "fire him" right now anyway, it wouldn't change my opinion. 

Letsroll1200

East Clintwood

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on October 03, 2017, 02:44:44 pm

No

pigelow

orvillesghost

Alabama has reached a point where only a very few teams *Clemson, Ohio State, maybe USC, Penn State* really have the talent to challenge them. They will eat us alive of course but I look for them to do the same thing to Auburn and Georgia when the time comes.

Hoggish1

No.  That's just a bad format.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: orvillesghost on October 03, 2017, 07:08:08 pm
Alabama has reached a point where only a very few teams *Clemson, Ohio State, maybe USC, Penn State* really have the talent to challenge them. They will eat us alive of course but I look for them to do the same thing to Auburn and Georgia when the time comes.

I think they would/will beat both of those teams as well, but the degree they "eat them alive" will be way LESS than the degree that they eat US alive.   The difference in overall team talent/speed between UGa/Auburn and the Hogs is tremendous.  Heck, Old Mrs has some really nice talent that they bought over the past few years under Freeze and Bama hung a 66 spot on them, but Saban did want to send a message to the Rebs since they were the last team to beat Bama in the regular season. Maybe Saban wont have any message to send the Hogs and we can escape with giving up only say 49 pts.  Thats my hope anyway.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: IronHog on October 03, 2017, 08:15:39 am

Bama was just OK for Bamalast year

They are GOOD this year

Alabama's Offensive Line is not as good as it was last season.

Alabama's Defensive Line is not as deep as it was last season.

Also, injuries to their key defensive players is starting to pile up.

I watched on t.v. some of Alabama's game against Ole Miss.  I am not convinced that Alabama has the overall elite speed that will be needed against Clemson.

Clemson has won 3 games against top 15 opponents, with 2 of those being wins on the road.  Clemson was on cruise control in those 3 wins against top 15 opponents.  I don't know if it is true or not, but someone posted over on another message board that it is the first time ever that a team has won 3 times against top 15 opponents during 1 month.

There are non-Clemson fans who have posted on another message board that Clemson looks better than last season.

Silver Hog