Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Procrastination Finally Got Me...

Started by greenEGnHAWGS, June 28, 2016, 08:43:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

greenEGnHAWGS

I am unfortunately the victim of my own (and bro in laws) procrastination. This post is a little late to be posted but I finally have finally put away the sacloth and ashes and move on.

I live 45 minutes from Salem, VA so as a die hard fan of all things Razorbacks, I was ecstatic to hear of Benintendi coming to the local Red Sox organization (especially since my in laws are die-hard Boston fan)...it actually put me and my in laws cheering for the same time.

Anyways, long story, short...we finally decided to go see the Salem Red Sox play. I bought baseball's, printed an awesome picture of Benintendi as the Golden Spikes winner, and even googled which pens would be best to use to sign everything...I was ready to meet AB!

So, as we're driving to the game, we decide it would be a good idea to memorize everyone's numbers in case we can't recognize the players. But...as we were looking up numbers...I didn't see ABs...he was called up to Portland the night before. Oh my...the punch to the gut...

Anyways, I was able to meet Yuan Moncada (who was also recently promoted) and got his autograph, even though it's not the one I REALLY wanted.

I'll finish with this about Moncada and Benintendi. My boy was actually asked to go down and paint the plate before the game, which was awesome. But I got to talk to a lot of the staff there and they all went on and on about how great of a guy Andrew is. That he was just a first class kid with everything and everyone. Moncada also seems to be an incredible kid. We tried getting his autograph before the game and he said "After the game." And when the game was over, and the team was all celebrating, he made a b-line to us and asked for the balls, which e thought was awesome. Even after the team had all left the field, he stayed out and took pictures with fans. So I became a lifelong fan of his. Looks like a great kid.

Sorry, that was a little long. Just felt like sharing my experience.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

89ALUM

Moncada is going to be a great one for the Red Sox.  He's more highly rated than Beni, at least on this year's prospects. 

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2016?list=prospects

There's nothing like meeting a player and getting an autograph.  Especially when he's very humble and approachable.  I've heard good things about both Moncada and Benintendi in that respect. 

James McCann was the guy I was after for a couple of years.  He was super friendly when I asked for his autograph in May.
I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she

greenEGnHAWGS

He will definitely do great things for the BoSox, but I may go again just to get Devers autograph too. He's so young but should definitely grow into an elite player.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?