LSU
East Carolina
Texas A & M

Louisville
South Carolina
Mississippi State
Miami (Fla)

Dr. Starcs

Home teams go 1-3 tonight as Miss St, Ags and Tex Tech all lose. Miami the lone home team to win.

8 games tomorrow.

tennesseehogwild

Louisville looks nothing like the team I thought might win it all, today! Down 4-1 top 6th to UCSB.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on June 11, 2016, 12:42:37 pm
Louisville looks nothing like the team I thought might win it all, today! Down 4-1 top 6th to UCSB.

I like this UCSB team. Nothing flashy, just scrappy and tough. Shows that well executed pitching, solid defense, and disciplined at-bats can compete with All-American talent.

ucahogfan

Quote from: HogsonHicks on June 11, 2016, 12:45:09 pm
I like this UCSB team. Nothing flashy, just scrappy and tough. Shows that well executed pitching, solid defense, and disciplined at-bats can compete with All-American talent.
And a great head coach in Andrew Checketts.  I think UCSB had like 10 players drafted last year including Dillon Tate who went 4th overall and they are in the Supers this year.  Checketts is going to get a big time job very soon.

Knot2brite

West coast teams are so freaking hard to judge...they can play small ball all year then blow up the power numbers in the regionals...pitching is very good for them...I hope the Gauchos win
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

ucahogfan

Quote from: Knot2brite on June 11, 2016, 01:24:32 pm
West coast teams are so freaking hard to judge...they can play small ball all year then blow up the power numbers in the regionals...pitching is very good for them...I hope the Gauchos win
Balls don't travel as well on the West Coast as they do in our part of the country which is why they play more small ball, but can also surprise teams with power when they come out this way and makes Kris Bryant's 30 HRs in 2013 in San Diego that much more impressive.

Knot2brite

San diego's ball field is also a porch ...but I watched several of their games when Bryant was there...he hit no cheap homers...he is a stud

ucahogfan

Quote from: Knot2brite on June 11, 2016, 01:31:13 pm
San diego's ball field is also a porch ...but I watched several of their games when Bryant was there...he hit no cheap homers...he is a stud
Yeah, there is a reason why scouts were giving his power tool a 70 or 80 grade.  It is about as good as it comes.

tennesseehogwild

Mississippi State blows a 4 run lead over 'Zona! In extras now....Kinda feels like the Wildcats have the momentum.....States fans sure look worried as hell! :)

tennesseehogwild

Arizona is 1st team to punch ticket to Omaha. Knocks State out 6-5 in 11 innings!

Maddhog

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on June 11, 2016, 09:50:26 pm
Arizona is 1st team to punch ticket to Omaha. Knocks State out 6-5 in 11 innings!

Really didn't want that to happen.  Don't give a rip if A&M loses or Florida or any other SEC team.  I just don't like AZ teams
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Knot2brite

Coastal Carolina taking it to the corndogs....couldn't happen to a better group...they have shown mulkey in the stands like ten times...I want to see her cry when her baby boy loses....can't stand LSU and hope they are Q in 2

Cornfed Pig

Bracket busters everywhere - some really great games tonight.  Coastal really taking it to LSU!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Knot2brite on June 11, 2016, 10:39:27 pm
Coastal Carolina taking it to the corndogs....couldn't happen to a better group...they have shown mulkey in the stands like ten times...I want to see her cry when her baby boy loses....can't stand LSU and hope they are Q in 2
Well that 2 run dinger along with the second of the BTB as I am typing will probably seal this one!

SEC looking poorly so far, might not send anybody to Omaha!

Knot2brite

I know the strike zone suddenly got tight when CCU took the field after scoring all those runs

Cornfed Pig

Knot2brite

They better find that possum and cook that sucker or they are going down

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

TNhawgfan

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on June 11, 2016, 10:50:16 pm

SEC looking poorly so far, might not send anybody to Omaha!
I'm ok with that. I have nothing against USC or MSU, who is already out, but I root against lsu, am, and Florida every chance i get
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

yraciv

Quote from: Maddhog on June 11, 2016, 10:08:59 pm
Really didn't want that to happen.  Don't give a rip if A&M loses or Florida or any other SEC team.  I just don't like AZ teams

That is obscure. I get AZ State given our history, but what the hell has Arizona baseball ever done to you or us?

yraciv

Quote from: TNhawgfan on June 12, 2016, 07:11:57 am
I'm ok with that. I have nothing against USC or MSU, who is already out, but I root against lsu, am, and Florida every chance i get

Yeah this is a weird year.  I usually root for SEC, but I don't have a soft spot for many of these SEC schools. I don't like Florida State, so I'm obviously pulling for UF. LSU & A&M I'd love to see go down! Going for South Carolina over OK State, but don't have a strong rooting interest there.

Dr. Starcs

Didnt Arizona beat us in Omaha earlier this century?

yraciv

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 12, 2016, 12:51:49 pm
Didnt Arizona beat us in Omaha earlier this century?

I guess I was there when they beat us in 04, but it was a loser bracket game that wasn't particularly close.

Knot2brite

Holy cow...UCSB with a walk off slam to go to Omaha ....by a bench freshman

HamIAm

Wow.  How did the ump get caught up in the dogpile?  Was he trying to make sure the batter touched home plate?  Another ref had to pull him out of the pile.

yraciv

Quote from: Knot2brite on June 12, 2016, 01:59:01 pm
Holy cow...UCSB with a walk off slam to go to Omaha ....by a bench freshman

Off of Burdi who is a stud, no less.

Dr. Starcs

Grand slam also in Miami and fireworks after as the Miami player mouths the bc catcher. No ejections, but both benches cleared and the coaches got face to face.

Miami up 9-3 after 7.

rhog1

God I love College Baseball! What a great game that was. Hopefully UCSB can win a few in Omaha too.

Knot2brite

Quote from: HamIAm on June 12, 2016, 01:59:18 pm
Wow.  How did the ump get caught up in the dogpile?  Was he trying to make sure the batter touched home plate?  Another ref had to pull him out of the pile.

I think he got caught up in it...the ump just disappeared in the dogpile

Maddhog

Quote from: yraciv on June 12, 2016, 12:20:42 pm
That is obscure. I get AZ State given our history, but what the hell has Arizona baseball ever done to you or us?

Sorry, certainly didn't mean to offend.  Neither of those programs have done anything to me.  With ASU it's about our history and with UA it's more about basketball.   
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

TNhawgfan

Quote from: rhog1 on June 12, 2016, 02:04:35 pm
God I love College Baseball! What a great game that was. Hopefully UCSB can win a few in Omaha too.
That was awesome. I can't imagine how that must have felt for that young man

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Atlhogfan1

Temporarily lifting my self imposed ban in this forum.  SC defense in the bottom of the 5th looks like a bad HS team.  Unimaginable a good SEC level baseball team would make these decisions.  The conference is choking in the postseason to this point.  Hopefully SC, LSU and A&M will rally. 

And the SB GS was a great moment.  Can't repeat the expletives I let out but was happy to see Lville lose. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TNhawgfan

Somewhere Queen is playing another one bites the dust. 3 SEC teams left

berryhog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on June 12, 2016, 05:30:06 pm
Somewhere Queen is playing another one bites the dust. 3 SEC teams left

Wouldn't bother me to see an SEC-free CWS.

Dr. Starcs

tennesseehogwild

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 12, 2016, 02:04:04 pm
Grand slam also in Miami and fireworks after as the Miami player mouths the bc catcher. No ejections, but both benches cleared and the coaches got face to face.

Miami up 9-3 after 7.

Canes still a classless program after all these years....Don'i care who wins it all in Omaha...as long as it isn't the Canes!

Dr. Starcs

It was a bush league play for sure.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on June 12, 2016, 06:57:31 pm
Canes still a classless program after all these years....Don'i care who wins it all in Omaha...as long as it isn't the Canes!

Absolutely agree. That bat flip guy should've worn a fastball next time up.  I can't imagine what Van Horn would do with that garbage.

Dr. Starcs

He didnt get another at bat. But I'm pretty sure bc was gonna do something.

I don't think the players shook hands after the game.

Dr. Starcs

Aggie fans and players crying over every call right now. I love it.

Tcu up 4-1 in the 7th

Cornfed Pig

The Teal is Real - LSU in dire need of voodoo in the 9th

Cornfed Pig

LSU gets lead-off guy on after error by 2B. They're going to walk this off aren't they?  (trying to jinx them)

Dr. Starcs

They always seem to.

(Minus stony brook, hehe)