21. Georgia Tech
22. Texas Tech
23. Auburn
24. Duke
25. Mississippi State

ricepig

If they make it to campus........

onebadrubi

I'd take a 10th rank class if they all made it to campus... 

I do think however that Van Horn has gotten a little better over the last couple of years at getting the big recruits to campus. 

ucahogfan

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 06, 2016, 07:54:32 pm

I do think however that Van Horn has gotten a little better over the last couple of years at getting the big recruits to campus.
New draft rules have a lot to do with it.

Cornfed Pig

Come on people, you know you want to be a piglet.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 06, 2016, 07:57:12 pm
New draft rules have a lot to do with it.

Care to enlighten me on what changed?  I didn't know they changed.

ucahogfan

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 06, 2016, 09:46:24 pm
Care to enlighten me on what changed?  I didn't know they changed.
Teams are limited to bonus pools now which they are allowed to spend on the draft or face severe penalties.  This will be the 5th draft with the new rules. Check out the draft thread for more info.

pigture perfect

Every great baseball school has to deal with getting kids to campus. My math says #4 will still beat #10 if we both lose the same number of high ranking players.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Not trying to be the bad guy but I don't see much help on the way.  We may not win 25 games next yr. And we lose a lot of our better players from awful team season

jry04

June 16, 2016, 07:38:56 am #9 Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 07:55:43 am by jry04
Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on June 15, 2016, 11:49:01 pm
Not trying to be the bad guy but I don't see much help on the way.  We may not win 25 games next yr. And we lose a lot of our better players from awful team season
Huh?

You aren't being a bad guy, just being ignorant. You honestly think our pitching will be worse when we only lose Jackson and maybe Taco on the mound? I love Teague and Willey, but Teague was hurt all year, and Willey collapsed. We will not really miss those two as far as on field performance goes. If Taco returns, him and McKinney should be much healthier taking the offseason off. Campbell, Knight, and Loeske will be studs. We have some big time arms coming in, and at least 3 or 4 big time position players coming in. Assuming there are no surprised we could have a few guys touching 95+ on the mound next season. If you don't think having the #4 class in the country (with only two signing to go pro so far) is "help on the way," then I am not sure you will ever think our team is going to get better.

Oh yeah, Bonfield and Shaddy are both returning after hitting over .300 last season. Scroggins, Cole, Arledge, Catron, Koch, and Spanberger will be back after playing significant innings in the SEC. All of them need to improve, yes, but DVH has shown time and time again that he has players go from .250-.260 to .300+ in an offseason. See Reynolds, Wernes, Bonfield, Cox, Eibner, McCann, etc.

jbell96

Scott7703

Go do some research on Jordan McFarland, Dominic fletcher, and Jared gates. There's also a shortstop from Texas whose name slips my mind. It definitely hurts that we lost Stobbe and Rortvedt but to overlook the other talent is crazy

jry04

Quote from: Scott7703 on June 16, 2016, 08:26:33 am
Go do some research on Jordan McFarland, Dominic fletcher, and Jared gates. There's also a shortstop from Texas whose name slips my mind. It definitely hurts that we lost Stobbe and Rortvedt but to overlook the other talent is crazy
Jaxson Williams.

jry04

I just realized Jared Gates played on the same team as 5th round pick Dom Thompson-Williams last year. He transferred to SC this year, and was a 5th round draft pick after one season. Here are their stats on the same team 2 years ago.

Gates as a freshman: .400 AVG, .455 OBP, .578 SLG, 5 SB, 15K, 2 HR, 41 RBI
Dom Thompson-Williams as a Sophomore:.409 AVG, OBP, 604 SLG, 9 SB, 17K, 5 HR, 51RBI

His numbers were even better this year than last year, and better than Dom Thompson-Williams as a sophomore. I know you cannot compare what two did in different years, but it definitely shows the potential. I didn't realize how good of a program Iowa Western was.

Other guys who played on their team with those two was Alex Krupa, who started 40 games for Indiana and hit .281 in his first year. Ryan Merrill, who started 47 games for TCU this year and hit .298. Jake Scudder started 57 games for Kansas State and hit .333. Definitely gives me more hope for Gates to have a successful first season.

Scott7703

FineAsSwine

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 06, 2016, 07:54:32 pm

Team should be reloaded and back in the CWS next year!  :razorback:

thebignasty

Quote from: FineAsSwine on June 20, 2016, 04:03:09 pm
Team should be reloaded and back in the CWS next year!  :razorback:

Obviously should be in the tourney and would love to be in the conversation to host : expecting a cws bid seems too far, even in these optimistic eyes.

Scott7703

Quote from: thebignasty on June 20, 2016, 06:35:13 pm
Obviously should be in the tourney and would love to be in the conversation to host : expecting a cws bid seems too far, even in these optimistic eyes.

Is it really to far? If McKinney and Taco return to form of a year ago, this years 3 freshman make another step forward and we get any help from the new pitching we are much improved on the mound.

I also expect Bonfield, Shaddy, Koch, and Cole all to improve. Still have Spanberger, Arledge, Catron and Scroggins with upside. Add in some of our talented newcomers and the offense may not miss a beat.

I can't help but think we have a shot to be good.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Scott7703 on June 20, 2016, 09:54:32 pm

Is it really to far? If McKinney and Taco return to form of a year ago, this years 3 freshman make another step forward and we get any help from the new pitching we are much improved on the mound.

I also expect Bonfield, Shaddy, Koch, and Cole all to improve. Still have Spanberger, Arledge, Catron and Scroggins with upside. Add in some of our talented newcomers and the offense may not miss a beat.

I can't help but think we have a shot to be good.
I like it!
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***