Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Day of Fishing

Started by Seminole Indian, October 02, 2015, 09:50:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

Warning : has nothing to do with other Arkansas colleges and universities.

A Day of fishing:
2 1/2 hrs - getting boat and fishing gear ready to go
30 min- , pack food and clothes to spend the night in RV  at lake(decide to take medium cooler)
50 min- drive to lake, with stop to get ice for cooler
15 min- get boat in lake
20 min- fight 20 mph headwind to mouth of creek feeding the lake
3 min-make 1 cast, catch 8lb 3oz bass
10 min- remember son said call him if I catch a big fish before releasing, call son, son wants bass, ask if he will  bring bigger cooler & ice, son says no, but wants bass, (realize cooler to small, and because i am a catch and release type, have no stringer, cord or anything), stick head of bass in medium cooler, with anchor weight to hold down
5 min- weight options , go back to car, get boat from lake, locate and buy bigger cooler, more ice & stringer (with fish out of water) ,return to lake, put boat back in lake, fight head wind back to creek, start fishing or go home.
15 min - head back to boat dock
15 min- get boat out of lake
40 min -drive home
10- min- pose for pictures with bass for wife
45 min-  prep to clean, clean bass, place in freezer, and cleanup mess
30 min- put boat up, unpack  food and cloths

Not a bad day if fishing, will head out again later today.......with bigger cooler and stringer
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Inhogswetrust

And yet some people say they don't have time to go to a game......................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

8 pounds 3 ounces! Congrats........was it a boy or girl?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 02, 2015, 06:54:25 pm
8 pounds 3 ounces! Congrats........was it a boy or girl?
How would I know?

Shifted to Mallard Lake and despite the wind got a few in the 4lb-5lb range, but they had to be let go which is what I do anyway. Don't know if they were girls or boys either.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

DeltaBoy

The Worst day fishing is still better than the best day at Work.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.