Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Andrew Gordon Offered

Started by -Blu, October 01, 2015, 07:40:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

RT @TeamSpeights5: Arkansas has offered 2016 6'10 PF Andrew Gordon @hoopseen @Mospeights16 @Too_TallDrew #TMS

https://twitter.com/Too_TallDrew

Looks like he was next in line.  I actually really liked him as a prospect, we talked about him in another thread.  I think he has HUGE upside.  He is AAU teammates with Doobie, so we should have the inside track on him.

Hawg Red

We could do a lot worse at this point.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 01, 2015, 07:52:15 pm

He has a solid offer/interest list for someone that really only had 1 summer in AAU to showcase. His biggest reported offers are Arkansas, FGU, FIU, Memphis, Richmond, and Xavier. With interest from Auburn, Alabama, Cincinnati, Wake Forest, and Providence.

I hope we hear of a visit soon.  He's the type of recruit CMA and staff can steal in the fall, not many bigger schools know about him right now.  Once all these top 100 guys sign in the fall, a 6'10 athletic kid like Gordon will be in high demand in the Spring (assuming he does well at his prep school).

HOGINTENNESSEE

hopefully there will be no academic issues. Having Jenkins should hopefully get us a visit.

I agree he could blow up later in the recruiting season

RazorPiggie

Surely we won't swing and miss on this PF.

Razorod

He's raw, but could be a good fit. We actually have a bit of depth at the "five" spot with Kingsley and Thompson. Also have Gafford on the other side in the class of '17.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

HOGINTENNESSEE

October 01, 2015, 10:19:37 pm #6 Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 10:53:08 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sqOtHwxdQLY"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He just posted this dunk above on his Twitter. Wow what an Athlete.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Too_TallDrew

Below is his Highlight reel.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UC1lzhn-i6o"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 01, 2015, 07:52:15 pm
Well you can't coach 6'10" so there is that!

Hogimus Prime

Looked like a good athlete. Not sure if he really is 6'10" looked more around 6'8"

The Hogfather

I completely agree, -Blu.  He looks like he could end up being really good.  I like what I see!

The Hogfather

Watch him play wide receiver and defensive end.  I think this is him, anyway.  Ha!  They literally just throw the ball as high as they can and he jumps over people.  He definitely doesn't look 6'10" to me, but he is obviously one hell of an athlete.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2635341/highlights/184205388/v2

Hogimus Prime

Could be a Derek Hood type 4.

-Blu

Quote from: The Hogfather on October 02, 2015, 08:00:45 am
Watch him play wide receiver and defensive end.  I think this is him, anyway.  Ha!  They literally just throw the ball as high as they can and he jumps over people.  He definitely doesn't look 6'10" to me, but he is obviously one hell of an athlete.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2635341/highlights/184205388/v2

That's him, those highlights are crazy.  I like that he's really aggressive we need a big man that's like that.  Also all the video footage that's out on him is old, those highlights were from Oct. 2014.  I think they were listing him as 6'8 then, maybe he grew another couple of inches.

The Hogfather

Quote from: -Blu on October 02, 2015, 08:17:25 am
That's him, those highlights are crazy.  I like that he's really aggressive we need a big man that's like that.  Also all the video footage that's out on him is old, those highlights were from Oct. 2014.  I think they were listing him as 6'8 then, maybe he grew another couple of inches.

Either way, I like what I see.  I agree that he has MAJOR upside.  Hope we get him.

King Kong

Has all the athletic tools. Hopefully he gets great fundamental teaching/coaching at the prep school

azhog10

This is the kid I wanted over Bassett. I like the tools he has that you can't teach. I feel like as he plays more, then he will only get better and develop the skills necessary to play at the highest level. Kid is a freak athlete and IMO is a PERFECT match for our uptempo style.

The Hogfather

Quote from: azhog10 on October 02, 2015, 09:05:53 am
This is the kid I wanted over Bassett. I like the tools he has that you can't teach. I feel like as he plays more, then he will only get better and develop the skills necessary to play at the highest level. Kid is a freak athlete and IMO is a PERFECT match for our uptempo style.

Completely agree.  I'm actually excited.  I am not convinced on Bassett.  I wasn't impressed with what I saw from him.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on October 02, 2015, 08:14:58 am
Could be a Derek Hood type 4.

Would love to get a 6'8" forward that can jump out of the gym and is a McDonald's All-American like Hood. We just haven't been able to find another one.

chiefhawg

He could be the second coming of Willie Cauley Stein. Just in a Razorback uniform.

The_Iceman

Quote from: chiefhawg on October 02, 2015, 01:42:22 pm
He could be the second coming of Willie Cauley Stein. Just in a Razorback uniform.

Not quite the solid 7'0" that WCS was. Big difference between 6'8"-6'10" and a full 7'0". But I was impressed with Gordon's length and defense in that video. Could be a good project for us.

chiefhawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 02, 2015, 02:08:38 pm
Not quite the solid 7'0" that WCS was. Big difference between 6'8"-6'10" and a full 7'0". But I was impressed with Gordon's length and defense in that video. Could be a good project for us.
That was a loong drink of water in that video. Anything above 6'7 is tall to me.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 02, 2015, 10:53:59 am
Would love to get a 6'8" forward that can jump out of the gym and is a McDonald's All-American like Hood. We just haven't been able to find another one.

Minus the McDonald's All America Gordon's  size and athleticism reminds me of Hood. Hopefully Gordon could develop his fundementals better than Hood.

rude1

Didn't see a lot other than he is athletic and has some hops, didn't look 6'10"(maybe he has grown?), didn't see a single basketball move with the ball, IMO wasn't much in that video to get excited about, appears to be another minor role player who can help sub for starters and do some of the dirty work.

HawgAdvocate

October 02, 2015, 10:28:28 pm #23 Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 09:09:40 am by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: rude1 on October 02, 2015, 10:17:25 pm
Didn't see a lot other than he is athletic and has some hops, didn't look 6'10"(maybe he has grown?), didn't see a single basketball move with the ball, IMO wasn't much in that video to get excited about, appears to be another minor role player who can help sub for starters and do some of the dirty work.

I didn't even see a lot of hops. Looks more like a lengthy wingspan and good size/strength for his age. Can't blame folks for getting excited though. Pretty much every reported offer turns into the 'hot, new girl' at school. He's certainly plan C/D, but it is what it is. The Hogs need interior pieces, and we'll take size however we can get it.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

HOGINTENNESSEE

October 02, 2015, 11:01:45 pm #24 Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 11:11:48 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: HawgAdvocate on October 02, 2015, 10:28:28 pm

I didn't even see a lot hops. Looks more like a lengthy wingspan and good size/strength for his age. Can't blame folks for getting excited though. Pretty much every reported offer turns into the 'hot, new girl' at school. He's certainly plan C/D, but it is what it is. The Hogs need interior pieces, and we'll take size however we can get it.

I think he showed pretty good hops on this dunk below, more than his dunk reel.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sqOtHwxdQLY"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

However, I agree people maybe putting the cart before the horse. There was a thread about how Raw Kapita was....This kid probably makes Kapita look like Hakeem as far as skills go.

But, he has is a quick leaper and runs the floor well. There have been Kids that picked up the game late and developed quickly fundamental wise.

Razorod

I wouldn't expect any more than what we got from Thompson last year. Good news could be that Kingsley and Thompson will be in front of him his freshman year to give him a bit of time to develop. Then as a sophomore we'd have Thompson as a senior and Gafford in the class behind him. We do need another player in that slot going forward.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

poloprince

Last year was his 1st year playing hoops, he mostly concentrated on football. Offensively I wouldn't expect much from him, but rebounding and defense he should be able to excel at. He's a legit 6'10 and still growing
$PoLoPrInCe$

Big Nasty 34

A 6-10 project role player is better than no 6-10 player at all lol

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on October 03, 2015, 08:45:25 am
A 6-10 project role player is better than no 6-10 player at all lol

True, but the program really needs someone (ANYONE!?!?) to step in and show some ability to score in and around the paint. These videos of oversized kids simply dunking on high schoolers mean diddley.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

nwahogfan1

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on October 03, 2015, 09:15:54 am
True, but the program really needs someone (ANYONE!?!?) to step in and show some ability to score in and around the paint. These videos of oversized kids simply dunking on high schoolers mean diddley.

I think except for a those kids who are close to CMA or to our program, we will have to sign a few high level projects especially the guys who play the 4/5 spots.  If we can sign those kids who will work hard and take to coaching then in 2 or 3 years they will be difference makers.  This is the reason I would love to redshirt those kids who need time to be ready.  Give them another year to get ready.

King Kong

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on October 03, 2015, 11:51:07 am
I think except for a those kids who are close to CMA or to our program, we will have to sign a few high level projects especially the guys who play the 4/5 spots.  If we can sign those kids who will work hard and take to coaching then in 2 or 3 years they will be difference makers.  This is the reason I would love to redshirt those kids who need time to be ready.  Give them another year to get ready.

MA won't redshirt

mhuff

October 03, 2015, 03:25:40 pm #31 Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 10:08:43 pm by mhuff
Quote from: HawgAdvocate on October 03, 2015, 09:15:54 am

I have been calling for a SF that can score for a couple of years. Last year as well as the year before I called for Kingsley and Portis to play together. You gotta scorè inside. Think of the results the years we tried to shoot from outside. If we don't get the ball inside this year, we will get our brains beaten out .

jackflash

I just want to see him commit