Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Golds Venice

Started by kingoftherapids, October 01, 2015, 03:37:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kingoftherapids

Colonel John 3 year old filly just won at Santa Anita... Arkansas bred at 1/5. had come out of some pretty impressive stiff competition in MSW at del mar. Peter Miller trains... I dont know if you guys have been noticing but arkansas breeding is improving pretty quickly. A LOT more arkansas bred horses winning nowadays than even 5 years ago.

cbhawg03

Cella horse that won Oaklawn Handicap (Cyber Secret?) will be standing in Arkansas

kingoftherapids

Odd you say that! I literally was just reading the sire report in my Arkansas throughbred breeders newsletter and wondering who new was coming this year. this next season we will see some 3 year olds by Ordained. In a couple years, you will see Brahms, at least one street boss, and hamazing destinys running around.

Mares Bred report:

A P Million ................................................................... 6
Cinnamon Creek ........................................................ 3
Double Irish .............................................................. 14
Hamazing Destiny .................................................... 34
High Cascade ............................................................. 4
Icon Mike .................................................................. 15
Istintaj ......................................................................... 5
Laurie's Rocket ......................................................... 18
Macho Rocket ............................................................. 8
Ordained ................................................................... 16
Portobello Road ........................................................ 32
Primary Suspect ....................................................... 14
Prom Shoes ................................................................ 5
Shady Grove ............................................................... 8
Silver Country ............................................................. 7
Stryker ........................................................................ 5
The Daddy .................................................................. 4

cbhawg03

The Daddy? Somebody feel me in.... I don't recall that name at all.  Everybody else I can tell you facts about but The Daddy ???

cbhawg03

KOTR any thoughts on Rock Fall being retired after end of year? Seems kind of early but I absolutely dislike TAP, he single handled cost me to Pick 5s at Saratoga this year.

kingoftherapids

The Daddy won the super derby in 2005. started 4 times and won 3. by valid expectations out of a with approval mare.

and i am a little surprised they aren't bringing rockfall back for another year. im guessing win star already having speightstown, they want to snag one of the more successful offspring. speightstown is going to be 18 this coming year, so it makes a little sense for them to snatch up this colt and get him in the shed. i am on the bandwagon with you. i can't stand TAP either. We need more Shug's and Hal Wiggins type guys in this game.

husker71

I could not bet on that horse due to the odds.  Did not even notice that he was an Arkie.  damn damn damn    pic 5 paid $479 and that would have been a free square 

cbhawg03

Rockfall has put up some crazy numbers, but seems like he has always avoided the best as well.  Think the Beast beats him at 7 furlongs, which you just don't have many 7 furlong races for sprinters.  I will be betting against in BC Sprint.

The prep for the BC Sprint this week at Keeneland came up as difficult as the BC Sprint will.  Like Runhappy, but not taking on elders first time from the inside with that much speed in the race. Hopefully WAW will put it together though.

They probably should retire Rockfall though cause another year with TAP and that horse wouldn't make it 1/3 through the year before he was hurt.  I have no clue what TAP is doing, but there is nobody that retires more horses early due to injury than him. 

kingoftherapids

I agree with you completely on rock fall not seeing the best. i am a firm bet against in the BC. goign to be interesting to see who the west coast sends to the sprint.

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on October 02, 2015, 10:19:21 am
I agree with you completely on rock fall not seeing the best. i am a firm bet against in the BC. goign to be interesting to see who the west coast sends to the sprint.

Gimmie da lute.  Kobe's Back seems to love Keeneland fwiw also

husker71

I hope some of those Hamazing Destinys will have their daddys speed.  On another note I seem to hit some bigger prices with the Portobello Roads. 

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on October 02, 2015, 10:19:21 am

Big Macher, Wild Dude and Kobe's Back would be my guess