Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tour Championship and FedEx Cup Winner

Started by Jackrabbit Hog, September 23, 2015, 02:17:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Starts tomorrow.  Top 30 guys only.  5 guys automatically win the Cup if they win the event (Day, Spieth, Fowler, Bubba, Stenson).  Who ya got?

Tournament:  Zach Johnson
FedEx Cup:    Jason Day
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

ricepig

ricepig

ricepig

I told my youngest to put away the books and hit the range, Spieth made $22m this season.

colbs

Quote from: ricepig on September 27, 2015, 07:06:16 pm
I told my youngest to put away the books and hit the range, Spieth made $22m this season.
Crazy and only 22.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on September 27, 2015, 07:06:16 pm

He prolly made at least double that off the course.  Doesn't he have a huge under armor contract?

A quick Google says likely in the neighborhood of 200 million. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 27, 2015, 11:04:00 pm
He prolly made at least double that off the course.  Doesn't he have a huge under armor contract?

A quick Google says likely in the neighborhood of 200 million.
He's having a very good year.

hawgon

I saw today that Spieth's caddy made almost as much this year as Phil Mickleson did.

Sir Oinksalot

...well I'll be darned, just when you thought golf was up in the air again, here comes a kid
Jordan Speith, to do what no one his age has done since an unknown in '29 or something.

Win 5 Times on the PGA tour...wow, we are in rare air watching this guy...21 or 22
more incredible than Tiger when he first came on the scene....

n/m

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

root_hawg

word is that he is a great person as well, glad to see it

clutch

Quote from: root_hawg on September 30, 2015, 06:34:08 am
word is that he is a great person as well, glad to see it

The kiss of death. Remember when Tiger was the ultimate family man and role model because you never heard anything negative on him in the press?

These guys are human. He's probably a jerk sometimes. He's probably has a sense of entitlement because he has more money at 22 than most will ever see in a lifetime. I don't care though. I care absolutely nothing about what Jordan Spieth the person is like. He's an athlete, I care about his golf game. We need to quit idolizing athletes to the point that we are let down when we hear they aren't as perfect as we thought they were.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: clutch on October 01, 2015, 09:13:05 am
The kiss of death. Remember when Tiger was the ultimate family man and role model because you never heard anything negative on him in the press?

These guys are human. He's probably a jerk sometimes. He's probably has a sense of entitlement because he has more money at 22 than most will ever see in a lifetime. I don't care though. I care absolutely nothing about what Jordan Spieth the person is like. He's an athlete, I care about his golf game. We need to quit idolizing athletes to the point that we are let down when we hear they aren't as perfect as we thought they were.

That's true, BUT, there's nothing society can do about our youth aspiring to be like someone they view as successful.  Spieth has burst onto the scene and has become the "new Tiger", so to speak.  In that position, hundreds of thousands of kids look up to him, want to be like him, admire him, etc.  That's just human nature.  And because that's the way it is, won't the story be so much better if time reveals that he actually is a good human being - humble, polite, with good sportsmanship and respect for the game?  Because if that's what he continues to show he is, maybe, just maybe, those kids that do idolize him will take on some of those characteristics as well because they want to "be like Jordan."  That's why I kinda do care whether he's really a good person or not.

My two cents worth.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

clutch

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on October 01, 2015, 10:09:47 am
That's true, BUT, there's nothing society can do about our youth aspiring to be like someone they view as successful.  Spieth has burst onto the scene and has become the "new Tiger", so to speak.  In that position, hundreds of thousands of kids look up to him, want to be like him, admire him, etc.  That's just human nature.  And because that's the way it is, won't the story be so much better if time reveals that he actually is a good human being - humble, polite, with good sportsmanship and respect for the game?  Because if that's what he continues to show he is, maybe, just maybe, those kids that do idolize him will take on some of those characteristics as well because they want to "be like Jordan."  That's why I kinda do care whether he's really a good person or not.

My two cents worth.

Kids are going to look up to them. What makes it bad though is the media overplaying how great of a person each of these guys are. They set unreasonable expectations

GolfNut57

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on October 01, 2015, 10:09:47 am
That's true, BUT, there's nothing society can do about our youth aspiring to be like someone they view as successful.  Spieth has burst onto the scene and has become the "new Tiger", so to speak.  In that position, hundreds of thousands of kids look up to him, want to be like him, admire him, etc.  That's just human nature.  And because that's the way it is, won't the story be so much better if time reveals that he actually is a good human being - humble, polite, with good sportsmanship and respect for the game? Because if that's what he continues to show he is, maybe, just maybe, those kids that do idolize him will take on some of those characteristics as well because they want to "be like Jordan."  That's why I kinda do care whether he's really a good person or not.

My two cents worth.

This is just for the sake of argument that I say this. What if in a couple months, years, etc. Jordan Speith stated he was gay? How would that change the perception of him in the media? In regular society's eyes? Would kids still likely idolize him for his golf skill? Or would they cease to care anymore? Personally I don't think he is and am not implying such.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

root_hawg

GolfNut57

Quote from: root_hawg on October 03, 2015, 09:45:30 pm
have you seen his girlfriend?   8)

So. Bruce Jenner had gorgeous women all over him. Before he turned into Caitlyn.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

root_hawg

GolfNut57

Quote from: root_hawg on October 04, 2015, 08:51:08 am
Wouldn't know not that old! :D

You ain't so young that you don't remember that he was married into the Kardashian family.

root_hawg

Well I don't consider the old Kardashian woman all that