Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Twitter love

Started by Richard Davenport, February 26, 2018, 07:26:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Davenport

February 26, 2018, 07:26:39 pm Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 07:36:53 pm by Richard Davenport
I know there's debate about fans interacting with recruits. Some fan made this for Trey.

https://twitter.com/Fbu1Tk/status/968273928618741760

The Pulse

I'm all for "showing the love" on twitter. Stuff like this makes our fan base look good. Positive #WPS posts, retweets, follows and likes.

I think it gets bad when fans start negative recruiting on posts for other teams.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 26, 2018, 07:26:39 pm
I know there's debate about fans interacting with recruits. Some fan made this for Trey.

https://twitter.com/Fbu1Tk/status/968273928618741760
the ones who are against it are mostly the ones im most glad arent tweeting the recruits tbh.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 26, 2018, 09:05:49 pm
the ones who are against it are mostly the ones im most glad arent tweeting the recruits tbh.

I don't like it but I also don't have a twitter. But if I did I wouldn't follow or tweet any recruits. Like on my Facebook, I'm not friends with people just because I've met them once or twice.

ricepig

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 27, 2018, 08:21:07 am
I don't like it but I also don't have a twitter. But if I did I wouldn't follow or tweet any recruits. Like on my Facebook, I'm not friends with people just because I've met them once or twice.

Some people tweet them, some give them $100 handshakes, it takes everyone to get a recruiting class!

Dirty

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 27, 2018, 08:21:07 am

You should get a Twatter account...they are nice. :)

Lanlord

There are proper ways to be a fan and interact with recruits.

1.  No they are not your best friend and don't expect a follow back.
2.  Keep everything POSITIVE even about teams you hate.  Follow the old if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything.
3.  Stroke their egos in a positive way.  Everybody loves nice things said about them.
4.  Be aware of your language and online attitude.  Don't tweet when you are pissed.
5.  If one of them decides to go somewhere else then wish them the best or keep your mouth shut.
6.  Realize you could turn a potential recruit off on Arkansas with an off hand comment or rudeness.

I have seen horrible tweets about recruits that should've never been sent.  Even from some so called Razorback fans.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on February 27, 2018, 09:59:08 am
Some people tweet them, some give them $100 handshakes, it takes everyone to get a recruiting class!
this is the proper attitude. It takes a village.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

The Pulse

Quote from: Lanlord on February 27, 2018, 01:24:08 pm

This. You are not their friend you're their fan.

I do unfollow when they sign their NLI for another team. I'm a razorback fan...other teams can kick rocks. No reason to ever say anything negative though, it's their future after all.

Snout team

Quote from: Lanlord on February 27, 2018, 01:24:08 pm

2.  Keep everything POSITIVE even about teams you hate.  Follow the old if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything.
3.  Stroke their egos in a positive way.  Everybody loves nice things said about them.
4.  Be aware of your language and online attitude.  Don't tweet when you are pissed.
5.  If one of them decides to go somewhere else then wish them the best or keep your mouth shut.
6.  Realize you could turn a potential recruit off on Arkansas with an off hand comment or rudeness.

I have seen horrible tweets about recruits that should've never been sent.  Even from some so called Razorback fans.

Great advice.  I follow recruits once they receive an offer from the hogs.  It doesn't hurt our chances for them to see their followers spike as soon as they announce an offer from us.  If they choose another school I just join everyone else on the "NUFD".  You know, National UnFollow Day. 

I'm sure some recruits use our fan base to get their blue check mark but what is the harm in that?  As long as they are not disrespectful to our team I will continue to follow until they have chosen to play somewhere else.

I personally never DM or Tweet at a recruit.  But that is just my preference.  I do "Like" tweets.  Since I have about 10 followers it doesn't really matter if I retweet  :)

Basically if you can do something that shows support without getting creepy or rude, go for it.  IF you don't have the ability to avoid doing those things, please make an account that looks like you are from Auburn and follow their recruits instead.  ;)
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.