Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama offered Hudson Henry today

Started by checkraiser88, February 12, 2018, 08:39:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

Question for the recruiting nerds. Are we in good shape with him?

Bubba's Bruisers

If CM is the recruiter we claim he is, then yes.  And Burks and Thomas too.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Tusks

The hogs and CM have 3 Mackey's between them.  Bama has zero.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: tusked on February 12, 2018, 08:58:15 pm

[/thread] [/visits] [/debate] [/freedom of choice] [/lock him in a basement until Feb 2019] [/sarcasm]... LOL...! All of that said, it should be an easy decision. I won't really know what to think about it if he goes somewhere else, but If it's negative I'll keep it to myself...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

AirWarren

Quote from: tusked on February 12, 2018, 08:58:15 pm

17 total national titles. 6 since 1992.

I'm not sure that Mackey matters as much as this.

oldhawg

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2018, 11:38:17 am
[/thread] [/visits] [/debate] [/freedom of choice] [/lock him in a basement until Feb 2019] [/sarcasm]... LOL...! All of that said, it should be an easy decision. I won't really know what to think about it if he goes somewhere else, but If it's negative I'll keep it to myself...

Perhaps it could be something as simply as the younger Henry does not want to play in the shadow of his brothers and his father. 

I expect him to play for the Razorbacks, but if he chooses elsewhere, I won't look for negative implications either.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: oldhawg on February 13, 2018, 04:10:16 pm
Perhaps it could be something as simply as the younger Henry does not want to play in the shadow of his brothers and his father. 

I expect him to play for the Razorbacks, but if he chooses elsewhere, I won't look for negative implications either.

That would be sad... It would mean he was either fearful of hurting the family legacy(IOW Pressure), or self centered and wanting his own spotlight.

If you love your state, and the school was good enough for your family including a brother who was able to win The Mackey Award and go to the NFL from there then you wanting to leave does not compute in my universe.

If it's ring chasing then that's a big crap on the school, her coaches and her fans...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

buldozer

Hopefully he wants to go to the same school as his elders and better their records....

Ironhawg

ArkRazr

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 12, 2018, 08:50:03 pm
Good. That'll help his star rating.

Hudson could be a 5 Star recruit but as soon as he commits to the Hogs, he would drop to a 3 Star.  That is just the way it goes.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 13, 2018, 05:29:59 pm
The emergence of Tagovailoa puts a very different set of circumstances in play.
I think that would quantify my statement about ring chasing which would make it fall into the "crapping on" category... Stay home. Chase rings here...

sowmonella

Quote from: checkraiser88 on February 12, 2018, 08:39:00 pm
Question for the recruiting nerds. Are we in good shape with him?
Yes we are in very solid with HH.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

FATHAWG08

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on February 13, 2018, 05:33:17 pm
Hudson could be a 5 Star recruit but as soon as he commits to the Hogs, he would drop to a 3 Star.  That is just the way it goes.
Is that what happen to Agim?
I love off season Football!!

bennyl08

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 13, 2018, 05:29:59 pm
The emergence of Tagovailoa puts a very different set of circumstances in play.

Why? Bama has had a star qb who could carry the team on his back if needed before with McCarron.

Bama's only had 1 draft pick in the past 15 years that wasn't in the 7th round at TE. We've had 4 in the past 7 including two Mackey winners. Even then, Howard was largely underutilized for Bama. They are not a recruiting destination for TE's. For every 4* they've signed, they've also signed a 3*. Ahah, you say, that isn't including Howard who was a 5*. True, he is paired with a 2* signee. In 11 recruiting cycles, they've signed 16 TE's, 1 5*, 7 4*, 73*, 1 2*, and there was a completely unranked TE who also signed with them but wasn't listed as having enrolled so I didn't count it.

So yeah, they haven't recruited terribly at TE by any stretch, but We are 7 4*'s and 10 3*'s over that same time period (Counting Derby who was a 4* TE/LB out of HS). If you restrict it to the past 5 years, then we are actually ahead of them.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: oldhawg on February 13, 2018, 04:10:16 pm

Have heard he wants to create his own legacy somewhere.

Smashmouth2004

Henry will wait and see how Morris utilizes the TE before making his decision. If the TE's are used just for blocking, expect him to sign elsewhere.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on February 14, 2018, 02:38:40 pm
Henry will wait and see how Morris utilizes the TE before making his decision. If the TE's are used just for blocking, expect him to sign elsewhere.

That's reasonable.  However, Morris wants a versatile tight end.  They aren't going to be just blockers in this offense.  The offensive staff has lamented how poor the position was when they got to SMU and how thrilled they are with the skill sets of the guys they have here.  Morris' offense needs a dynamic, play making tight end to be truly dangerous since he wants to run fewer formations and attack in 20 different ways from the same formation.  I would speculate that there will be no one-dimensional players on offense at Arkansas.  All those RB's, WR's and TE's need to be ready to both run and catch.  Should be fun to watch.

Pudgepork

Can Hudson  lateral?  That's a required hidden talent in all Hog TE recruits

hogfan870

Gotta think he is coming here. My only concern is that we have a ton of tight ends. Maybe most of them will graduate before he gets here. He should be better than the anyway.

PlanoHog

Odd as it may seem, the more offers and visits HH takes the better position Hogs are in. The more he feels comfortable it's his choice. We weren't the favorite for a long time as he wanted to make his own legacy away from brothers Shadow. That's been told and repeated by coaches at some schools. Things are improving for Hogs.
The entertainer formerly known as TheOtherWhiteMeat.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hogfan870 on February 15, 2018, 12:49:35 am
Gotta think he is coming here. My only concern is that we have a ton of tight ends. Maybe most of them will graduate before he gets here. He should be better than the anyway.

If he's worried about competing against talent at his position, he certainly shouldn't go to Bama.  ;)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

liljo

I'm not sweating any 18-year old kid's future plans. I pray all of 'em make good ones.

I'll take the kids that WANT to be Razorbacks any day over kids that are just "looking for the best offer for themselves." I don't blame those kids for their choices, but I am just going to be ALL IN for those that choose Arkansas.

Hudson Henry sounds like a tremendous young man and player. If he comes to Arkansas, I'll be on Cloud Nine the day he signs. If he goes someplace else, any place else, I'll wish him well and probably never give him another thought unless he plays against us.

All that said....COME ON HUDSON! COME BE A PART OF RAZORBACK LEGEND! There will be a bunch of wild-eyed Arkansas fans sending electricity down out of those stands every single time you line up.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

sowmonella

Quote from: PlanoHog on February 15, 2018, 07:48:47 am
Odd as it may seem, the more offers and visits HH takes the better position Hogs are in. The more he feels comfortable it's his choice. We weren't the favorite for a long time as he wanted to make his own legacy away from brothers Shadow. That's been told and repeated by coaches at some schools. Things are improving for Hogs.

This isn't true. Might be wishful thinking from other programs.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

ricepig

Quote from: NoogaHog on February 15, 2018, 04:47:31 pm
Just tweeted an aTm offer.

Yeah I saw that this morning. I expect it will be a daily occurrence for him.

bennyl08

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 14, 2018, 02:36:41 pm
As good as McCarron was at Alabama, the passing offense was never unleashed as it is likely to be with Tagovailoa.  The fact that Alabama's QB situation (and the OL) is clearly above where Arkansas is right now might be a reason a TE would choose Alabama over Arkansas - for now.  Let CCM have a year to show what his offense is like and that dynamic might change.

We keep hearing that, but it keeps being a "wait until next year" with Bama "unleashing their offense".

As for waiting and seeing what Morris does in his offense, there's a real chance we'll all be wishing Henry hadn't seen our new offense. In 2017, SMU tight ends combined for a grand total of 4 receptions on the entire season. They combines for <20 receptions each of his first two seasons as well. TE's had a little more play at Clemson while Morris was the offensive coordinator, but that offense was not entirely his own. Swiney got to force things, and given the complete lack of TE use at SMU, I think it's reasonable that the TE usage at Clemson wasn't Morris's idea. Maybe being back to playing big boy football will lead him back to using the TE, but it's no sure bet.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ricepig

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 15, 2018, 06:58:25 pm
We keep hearing that, but it keeps being a "wait until next year" with Bama "unleashing their offense".

As for waiting and seeing what Morris does in his offense, there's a real chance we'll all be wishing Henry hadn't seen our new offense. In 2017, SMU tight ends combined for a grand total of 4 receptions on the entire season. They combines for <20 receptions each of his first two seasons as well. TE's had a little more play at Clemson while Morris was the offensive coordinator, but that offense was not entirely his own. Swiney got to force things, and given the complete lack of TE use at SMU, I think it's reasonable that the TE usage at Clemson wasn't Morris's idea. Maybe being back to playing big boy football will lead him back to using the TE, but it's no sure bet.

When they got to SMU, Craddock said there wasn't one TE on the roster, so it's hard to use one when you don't have one. They've mentioned numerous times that a TE is, and will be part of their offense. I would bet they'll be used here, there's a big difference in not having one on the roster, and having several 4* on the roster. I guess we'll know during the spring game and early fall.

bennyl08

Quote from: ricepig on February 15, 2018, 07:16:47 pm
When they got to SMU, Craddock said there wasn't one TE on the roster, so it's hard to use one when you don't have one. They've mentioned numerous times that a TE is, and will be part of their offense. I would bet they'll be used here, there's a big difference in not having one on the roster, and having several 4* on the roster. I guess we'll know during the spring game and early fall.

Agree with the wait and see. However, 37 of the 41 total TE receptions came in those first two years at SMU. Somehow they found a way to use a TE early on, but after 3 years of their own recruiting to build talent and depth at the position, and really come into their own as playcallers, they ended up completed 4 passes on the season to TE's.

I hear what they're saying, but to me, actions speak louder than words. We haven't seen any action yet here at Arkansas so hard to know what will actually happen. I'd be surprised if we only have 4 completions to TE's this year for sure, but even the TE usage at Clemson was a major decrease from what we've seen here over the past decade. If it leads to more wins, that's great. But, I'd be surprised if we were a TE friendly offense the way we were under Petrino and then Bielema both using 2 TE sets often.

Piggfoot

February 16, 2018, 12:32:19 am #31 Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 04:28:21 pm by Piggfoot
After the Hunter Heave, what pressure is on Hudson to equal his brother or surpass him at Arkansas?
Knowing Hogville the way I think I do, he will be constantly compared to Hunter on this site and by other fans in the state. Makes me wonder if he may think about going elsewhere to make his own mark there.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

HawgwildinMI

Hudson is playing his options. Can't blame him. When he's takes actual officials and his recruitment is still open in Dec. then I may worry. Until then I think he's a Hog.

HawgwildinMI

Any good coach will a climate to the talent which they are given. If they are given a player who can match Hunters abilities Morris will suit his offense to make him an important piece in his offense.

greenEGnHAWGS

When CCM was hired, I remember a Clemson fan coming on here and talking about how much he loved him. The main frustration was that he sometimes went crazy with the amount of plays he drew up for his offense. I say this because I HIGHLY doubt CCM will have a hard time getting multiple 4* TEs into the scheme. My guess is that he sees this as a new challenge and relishes in the thought of using multiple TE packages. I hope Henry becomes a Hog but don't blame him for enjoying the process.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Next1_04

Tennessee has jumped on the trail as well today.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Next1_04 on February 19, 2018, 01:42:46 pm
Tennessee has jumped on the trail as well today.
And if he doesn't choose the BIG ORANGE then I hope he's a Hog.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 19, 2018, 05:12:33 pm
And if he doesn't choose the BIG ORANGE then I hope he's a Hog.
Why would he go to Syracuse?

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

ALLVOL

Vantage 8 dude

February 20, 2018, 08:50:59 am #40 Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 01:56:31 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: ALLVOL on February 19, 2018, 07:46:15 pm
You know who the BIG ORANGE is.
Yeah, and they still suck!! ;) Remember, NOTHING sucks like a big (UT) orange.

hawgwash

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 19, 2018, 07:46:15 pm
You know who the BIG ORANGE is.
Yes, it's a very good, upscale hamburger restaurant in LR.  Also now have a location in Rogers.

murthage

Pudgepork......

Now that is funny.... best post I've read in weeks. 

+1,000