Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dan mullins

Started by Hogules, September 11, 2017, 07:49:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogules

This is who we need as a HC he is proven he can do it in the asEC at miss st surely with our resources and facilities he could do even better plus no one else is giving him a shot he may have a chip on his shoulder that helps us

Großer Kriegschwein

Doesn't seem like the type to bolt to another team in the division.

I might be wrong though.

He'd have to find a decent DC though.
This is my non-signature signature.

Boardon Hamsay

You talking Mullins Library?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

onebadrubi

He's in the middle of a scandal himself I believe before this is all over with.  The linebacker testifying on ole miss was said to take $11,000 to play for miss state. 

Either no thanks because he's dirty or ofher way to look at it he knows how to play the sec recruiting game. 

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Sed76

Only if he can find another Dak Prescott.

ShadowHawg

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hogules on September 11, 2017, 07:49:43 pm
This is who we need as a HC he is proven he can do it in the asEC at miss st surely with our resources and facilities he could do even better plus no one else is giving him a shot he may have a chip on his shoulder that helps us

This ^ is so absurd — LMAO

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

widespreadsooie

Dak Prescott has made Mullin an overrated coach. He's a good coach but I think some believe he's a diamond in the rough. Not the case in my opinion. Arkansas doesn't many more tools, if any, to make a coach like Mullin any more successful than he already is.

Athog

What makes you think he would leave Miss
State for us??

hobhog

SPAL

Jimmy Johnson would be my first and only call. Write a check. He would take the job in a second and bring John gruden with him.

go hogues

If he goes anywhere, it will be back to FL when they can Mac. His old boss is now AD at FL.

At this point, I'd say UA is a lateral move at best from Starkville
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 11, 2017, 09:28:47 pm
Dak Prescott has made Mullin an overrated coach. He's a good coach but I think some believe he's a diamond in the rough. Not the case in my opinion. Arkansas doesn't many more tools, if any, to make a coach like Mullin any more successful than he already is.

Made him overrated?  You do know he is coaching Mississippi State right?  Have you looked at their history?  https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/mississippi-state/
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

widespreadsooie

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 11, 2017, 10:14:18 pm
Made him overrated?  You do know he is coaching Mississippi State right?  Have you looked at their history?  https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/mississippi-state/

What about their history? Dak Prescott would have had just about any team as a legitimate competitor for their conference title.

BigE_23

This is going to be a long freakin season.

Gonzo

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 11, 2017, 09:40:26 pm
Jimmy Johnson would be my first and only call. Write a check. He would take the job in a second and bring John gruden with him.

I'd like the move even better if he brought Jon Gruden instead

Go Hogs!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: BigE_23 on September 11, 2017, 10:50:48 pm

Longest season since 2004
This is my non-signature signature.

jvanhorn

I saw Jimmy Johnson give an interview down in the Florida keys talking about his life and now and how much he loves it.  He looked like a very happy man to me.
I got no sense whatsoever that he has even the slightest interest in getting back into coaching on any level, including pee wee football.

King Kong

Quote from: Athog on September 11, 2017, 09:35:59 pm
What makes you think he would leave Miss
State for us??

He has tried to take every available job to get out of their

King Kong

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 11, 2017, 09:28:47 pm

? Miss State was nothing before Dan Mullen. They have like one ten win season ever.

Equally comparing them to us is absurd

HardCore

Jimmy Johnson would be my first and only call.

For AD.  I'd have him do it as a part-time gig, keep his NFL Sunday thing....that would be pretty awesome, although doubtful.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

PorkRinds

Let's start with spelling his name correctly and work from there.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

NaturalStateReb

While I agree that Dan Mullen is a great coach, I don't really know why he'd leave Mississippi State for Arkansas.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: King Kong on September 12, 2017, 12:24:52 am
? Miss State was nothing before Dan Mullen. They have like one ten win season ever.

I'm not equally comparing them to us, I just don't have any reason to believe he would be more successful here than at MS St.

sowmonella

Sprechen sie english??
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: King Kong on September 12, 2017, 12:24:52 am

Actually I believe they have 4 but it has been awhile before dan Mullen.

DeltaBoy

He loves where he at the wife loves it and he the king of Starkville.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wildhog

I'd LOVE to get Mullen.  Don't know why he'd leave MSU for us, though.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Seriously, though.  Dan Mullen is the second best coach in the SEC, IMO.  What he's been able to do at MISSISSIPPI STATE is incredible.
1909/1964/1965/1977

lstewart

I agree he is a good coach. I think his salary is about 20% above what we are paying now, so you would probably have to offer him 6 million to get him to think about it. Even then he probably would not make a lateral move to the Hogs.

Dwight_K_Shrute

That family is not moving from Starkville.  Megan Mullen loves it there
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

code red

Only if you watch.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

I'd go after Muschamp...how much is he making?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

247Hog

Agreed. Funny how people just assume we can get who we want and in another thread say we can't be top tier because we're just Arkansas and can't recruit. Never gonna figure out this freakin bipolar fan base.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

The Great Hambino

Do you ever use punctuation?

247Hog

Quote from: The Great Hambino on September 12, 2017, 06:27:55 pm
Do you ever use punctuation?

Come on now, i enjoy the one page sentence post.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Youngsta71701

Didn't Dan Mullen go like 4-8 last year with Fitzgerald as his QB?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 13, 2017, 12:50:46 pm
Didn't Dan Mullen go like 4-8 last year with Fitzgerald as his QB?

6-7 was his overall record.  Regular season I believe was 5-7 and they won the bowl game. 

Redhogs

Quote from: go hogues on September 11, 2017, 10:02:40 pm
If he goes anywhere, it will be back to FL when they can Mac. His old boss is now AD at FL.

At this point, I'd say UA is a lateral move at best from Starkville
You are sadly correct.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

longpig

Quote from: Wildhog on September 12, 2017, 03:31:05 pm
I'd LOVE to get Mullen.  Don't know why he'd leave MSU for us, though.

Yeh, he's set to win the egg bowls and in state recruiting battles with OM for the foreseeable future.  Long term Arkansas may be a better overall gig though.  Mullen may have dreams of being the Bill Snyder of Starkville.  Who knows, because he's definitely passed on some great jobs.
Don't be scared, be smart.

The Hawg Marshal

Mullen won't leave Cowbell State to come to Arkansas. Think more along the lines of Justin Fuente, Chad Morris or Mike Norvell.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 12, 2017, 07:32:42 am
Let's start with spelling his name correctly and work from there.

Well look at you, and your fancy words.