Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I wish Mike Anderson

Started by Hogball58, November 17, 2016, 06:26:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogball58

would get some technical fouls called on him this season. He seems too laid back. Oh I know he'll look at the refs but I want to see him get fired up like Nolan use to do. Seems like that kept the refs from calling all the touch fouls and bad calls against us. Go Hogs and Go Coach Anderson!

Danny J

I hear ya but the last thing we need is more fouls called on us especially with all the new emphasis on any kind of a touch foul that impedes the offensive players movement. I have a feeling we are going to rack up record foul numbers this year.The difference this year between wins and losses could come down to FT %  in many games.

PorkRinds

The_Iceman

Quote from: Danny J on November 17, 2016, 06:49:56 pm
I hear ya but the last thing we need is more fouls called on us especially with all the new emphasis on any kind of a touch foul that impedes the offensive players movement. I have a feeling we are going to rack up record foul numbers this year.The difference this year between wins and losses could come down to FT %  in many games.

Every program is if the refs keep this up.

lefty08

That's the secret to winning............

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Dwight_K_Shrute

Nolan was the best at getting T'd up.  When he had the program rolling it was a good way to get the players attention and they would usually roll after.  Different era of refs then too though.  I think the pool is filled with too many incompetent jack a$$es these days that would take that stuff way too personally hold grudges etc.  I have no faith in SEC officials, and to me the greatest insult you can give to any official whether it's at the college level or high school or boys/girls club is to start calling them SEC.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Stewhog 11

Quote from: Hogball58 on November 17, 2016, 06:26:36 pm
would get some technical fouls called on him this season. He seems too laid back. Oh I know he'll look at the refs but I want to see him get fired up like Nolan use to do. Seems like that kept the refs from calling all the touch fouls and bad calls against us. Go Hogs and Go Coach Anderson!

There were fewer touch fouls back then because it was basketball in the 90s. The games were officiated differently back then. Not because Nolan would get mad.

Hogball58

Hogball58

And when Mike calls time out I never see him talking to the players. The coaches seem to huddle up and the players then huddle up seperatly. And it also seems that when a coach is talking to the players its Watkins.  I like Anderson. Just wish he would motivate more.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hogball58 on November 18, 2016, 06:14:49 pm
And when Mike calls time out I never see him talking to the players. The coaches seem to huddle up and the players then huddle up seperatly. And it also seems that when a coach is talking to the players its Watkins.  I like Anderson. Just wish he would motivate more.

Lol.

k.c.hawg

As pissed as I was at the lack of intensity this team showed out of the gate tonight, CMA obviously did something right to get them to come back from 17 down to 4 down, to 11 down to winning by 4. A lot of times we think we see the intensity a coach conveys to his team with the naked eye. tonight a T could have cost us the game. 17 down is enough to have to come back from. This team played with intensity and desire the last 26 minutes.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.