Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ITS OFFICIAL: Mitch Mustain Documentary being narrated by Nolan Richardson....

Started by Est. 1981, April 18, 2013, 09:53:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Steef

Quote from: NWASooner on April 20, 2013, 07:21:36 pm
Don't credit Mustain for Nutt's downfall.  Remember, he had just finished his second losing season in a row.  He had a moderately acceptable record to that point but that's when the SEC West wasn't nearly what it is today.  Had Mustain not come along, Nutt would have had some average teams that still got pushed around by Bama, LSU, and the like.  His record would have done him in.

Maybe what Mustain did was bring light to what a miserable person Nutt was.....

Actually...Teresa did that.

Hogwaller

You can wish for it to go away all you want. It will always be an interesting story because of the total injustice and waste of potential inflicted on a kid by a self-consumed coach who was in over his head. You couldn't make this stuff up.

Porked Tongue

Go away?  Heck, I'd like to go 4 days w/o hearing about it.

I just don't see the continued need to hash it out.  No matter what "side" you fall on there are a hell of a lot more things that are worth talking about.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: steefhog on April 20, 2013, 08:54:45 am

It also doesn't alter the fact that MM was being coached by Nutt, who conclusively proved how good he was at developing QBs when he got to Ole  Miss. How's their 5 star doing these days?

So what happened during Mitch's four years at USC? Was Nutt sneakin into his room at night and brainwashing Pete Carrol's coaching out of Mitchell's head during his sleep?

You quit riding that young Nan's jock steef. You are bound to have saddle sores by now.

p.s. Nutt sucks at developing all skill positions. Doesn't change the fact that Mitch just never really had elite talent. Ever.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Steef

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on April 21, 2013, 10:32:40 pm
So what happened during Mitch's four years at USC? Was Nutt sneakin into his room at night and brainwashing Pete Carrol's coaching out of Mitchell's head during his sleep?

You quit riding that young Nan's jock steef. You are bound to have saddle sores by now.

p.s. Nutt sucks at developing all skill positions. Doesn't change the fact that Mitch just never really had elite talent. Ever.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry. Posts like this constantly prove my point. You (and your kin) forever trying to prove MM was not a good QB.

Ever ask yourself...why?

How many other Hogs from the past are you relentlessly belittling? Answer...none. So why THIS one? Answer...you were taught it was okay. Even desirable. By the smear campaign.

Which is why I still care.

I've never once tried to "prove" he WAS "elite". Only that every aspect of his life has been scrutinized as a result of institutional persecution. By OUR program. And a sizable portion of our fan base.

Some of whom still think its okay to keep it up.

Why don't you bleat for a while about Bill Montgomery? He did after all, lose the shootout. He couldn't possibly have been "elite" either. Its true he didn't transfer out. But then, Frank's wife wasn't wanting to bludgeon his mother with a 2x4 either.

basscat3

Quote from: arkjay19 on April 20, 2013, 03:14:16 am
I won't address the rest of your post because it sounds like a plotline from Blue Mountain State.

But I am tired of this notion that Nutt benched MM and it was over from there.  Honestly I don't know and I don't ever remember hearing if Malzahn was involved in benching MM, but the interception against SC was the last straw.  As many have argued, you could say that Arkansas went 8-0 in his first games very much in spite of him, definitely not because of him.  And that eighth game was Casey's win.  Nobody brings that up, do they?

MM had practices and bowl preparations to prove that he was better.  It's not like SC was the last time he played that season.  And then he bailed, whether rightfully or wrongfully so, but he left.  If MM was truly a better quarterback than Casey Dick, there is no way that a Houston Nutt who is trying to keep his job and with the power struggle pretty much behind him doesn't start MM the next season.

I never hated them and I never loved them, but MM and Malzahn bailed.  Norman did too.  And I don't blame any of them for it.  I don't understand anyone bashing or praising their decisions to leave.  I'm pretty sure Ben stayed because of his girlfriend (for good reason).  I don't know why someone would say Ben was caught up in the power struggle other than his parents being involved in the meeting.  The guy started as a freshman and injuries derailed his career.  Nothing dramatic there.  The one that gets me is Damian Williams.

DW made a worse decision than MM to come to Arkansas.  But then, he starts as a freshman, plays bad and bails because Arkansas doesn't throw enough.  If DW doesn't average a drop a game, that's at least a dozen more catches and then he gets targeted more.  After a while, it became a joke that he dropped so many passes, including numerous possible touchdowns.

I remember a few years back I got absolutely attacked, probably more than ever, and had the post deleted in which I simply said DW was not a "great" wide receiver.  I said he was good, and he is and he was, but he's never been great at anything.  He's never been overly fast or had great hands.  He was a good college wide receiver that was a really good route runner who benefitted from having a great relationship with his quarterback.  And that post was deleted!  Please tell me what about those statements is inciteful or flaming.  And look, now he's in the NFL and showing off more averageness.  Congratulations to him, but once again I've just never understood the illogical worship like he was some savior on or off the field.

I guess this story is gonna get told, but I doubt it will show much more than what most of us already know.  I think it could be interesting to watch, but I think its end result is just going to be more debate on Hogville.

+1
Quote from: losthawg68 on February 19, 2010, 10:48:52 PM
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike
down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my frito pie. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you

arkjay19

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 20, 2013, 07:23:12 am1. Florida was never an option for Mitch Mustain. Nor was any other SEC school. He was either going to go to Arkansas or a school that almost never played Arkansas.
Not the point.  Malzahn knew his personality better than anyone.  Why would Malzahn not suggest he go elsewhere than have him come to Arkansas with him?  He had other options.

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 20, 2013, 07:23:12 am2. Mitch Mustain did not come to Arkansas because of Gus Malzahn. Alex Wood was the man who eventually convinced him to sign with Arkansas.
So you're telling me that the guy's high school coach and mentor had ZERO effect on a guy who had already decommitted recommitting to the school?

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 20, 2013, 07:23:12 am3. If Houston Nutt is a relatively decent football coach why can't he get a job? Don't think he hasn't been trying. The word is finally out on him and nobody wants to mess with him.
Jon Gruden isn't coaching right now either.  You're showing a lot of bad judgment to think that Houston Nutt is not an employable college football coach.  Even Jack Crowe is still a college football coach.

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 20, 2013, 07:23:12 amI'm not saying that he didn't have a right to oppose the move to force Malzahn on him. But the fact is he didn't oppose it. He passively accepted it and then, in an effort to rid himself of Malzahn, he threw up Mitch Mustain as a smokescreen. It was a sleight of hand card trick. Spread the word that the kid is a prima donna and his mother is trying to run the team. Get fans ticked off about that and you can take Malzahn down.

In fact that's exactly what Nutt did. He convinced Frank Broyles that Malzahn brought with him some power hungry people and the only way to rid the program of these so called "haters to the north" (Diana Nutt's own words) was to run Gus off or take his power away.

It was a scam worthy of some of the great power brokers of all time.
Here is where I have the biggest issue.  As a fellow journalist, it's our job to know both sides of the story and you are so firmly 100% against Houston Nutt and backing of the Springdale contingent it is painful to read.  I've never been 100% on either side of any story.  It's the nature of the job.  I get that you don't like Houston Nutt, but you shouldn't let that sway your opinion so drastically.

It seems like you actually believe that Houston Nutt is the central villain of a dramatic and contriving conspiracy that is less believable than soap opera plots and than hardly anyone else did anything wrong.  There is just no way that is true.

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 20, 2013, 07:23:12 am4. The only thing you are correct about is Malzahn. He was/is extremely ambitious and  he totally let down not just the Springdale kids but all of the players he recruited in his one year at Arkansas. But guess what? Many coaches do that. That's why kids and parents should always understand that they're signing with a school, not a coach who can ditch them at any point.
My point wasn't about Malzahn having a personality that is common amongst coaches.  My point was that just as many want to demonize Nutt (yourself included), they also wanted to build up Malzahn as this perfect man and coach.  Events over the last 7 years have proven reality to be very much to the contrary, and probably more so than a lot of them could have feared.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: steefhog on April 21, 2013, 11:35:35 pm
Don't know whether to laugh or cry. Posts like this constantly prove my point. You (and your kin) forever trying to prove MM was not a good QB.

Ever ask yourself...why?

How many other Hogs from the past are you relentlessly belittling? Answer...none. So why THIS one? Answer...you were taught it was okay. Even desirable. By the smear campaign.

Which is why I still care.

I've never once tried to "prove" he WAS "elite". Only that every aspect of his life has been scrutinized as a result of institutional persecution. By OUR program. And a sizable portion of our fan base.

Some of whom still think its okay to keep it up.

Why don't you bleat for a while about Bill Montgomery? He did after all, lose the shootout. He couldn't possibly have been "elite" either. Its true he didn't transfer out. But then, Frank's wife wasn't wanting to bludgeon his mother with a 2x4 either.

I am not belittling anybody. I am pointing to history. Verifiable facts. Mitch never accomplished anything at the collegiate level.

I didn't even read your post past sentence three because its just more of your groupie talk.

You need to either ask Mitchell out on a date or move on because your near constant fawning over him is just sad. I am sure he doesn't need your emotional support.

weresoclose

How many of you haters ever watched Springdale High School football live, in person?  The senior year for the "5" I watched a :obout 7 games in person.  The way they rolled everyone was amazing.  Nobody stood a chance.  They even beat out-of-state "great" competition by a hefty margain, hence why MM earned the THREE (3) most valuable awards adorned on any high school football player in the country.

Anyone who calls DW "average" simply doesn't know football.  End of story.  I saw DW, playing defense (safety I believe), lay out a player from Jacksonville in a manner where the ball-carrier's body went parallel to the ground while he was in mid air.  How many times have you seen a player cry in high school football?  That was the first time for me, as the Jacksonville kid was being helped off the field... real tears.  I watched this amazed, as DW had played in all 3 parts of the game (offense, defense and special teams, for the football-challenged), and had been electrifying in every role.  Absolutely the best player on the field in every game, period.  More impressive than MM?  Yea.

My goodness how Hogville has changed for the worse.  It makes me sad.  There used to be something that bound Hogville together: a love of Razorbacks and a determination to support the program despite the PTB thwarting the common good.  Not so much anymore.  Granted, thanks to the "soap opera" and BP we now have a better program...

cubsfan5150

Quote from: weresoclose on April 22, 2013, 03:36:47 am
How many of you haters ever watched Springdale High School football live, in person?  The senior year for the "5" I watched a :obout 7 games in person.  The way they rolled everyone was amazing.  Nobody stood a chance.  They even beat out-of-state "great" competition by a hefty margain, hence why MM earned the THREE (3) most valuable awards adorned on any high school football player in the country.

Anyone who calls DW "average" simply doesn't know football.  End of story.  I saw DW, playing defense (safety I believe), lay out a player from Jacksonville in a manner where the ball-carrier's body went parallel to the ground while he was in mid air.  How many times have you seen a player cry in high school football?  That was the first time for me, as the Jacksonville kid was being helped off the field... real tears.  I watched this amazed, as DW had played in all 3 parts of the game (offense, defense and special teams, for the football-challenged), and had been electrifying in every role.  Absolutely the best player on the field in every game, period.  More impressive than MM?  Yea.

My goodness how Hogville has changed for the worse.  It makes me sad.  There used to be something that bound Hogville together: a love of Razorbacks and a determination to support the program despite the PTB thwarting the common good.  Not so much anymore.  Granted, thanks to the "soap opera" and BP we now have a better program...

So Hogville is worse now because I no longer get banned for calling MM over-rated?  Seriously?

Regardless, yes, I saw Springdale live once, they lost and MM broke his collarbone  or something, but what I came away with was this... MM wasn't impressive, and DW was ridiculously good.  I stated that long ago.

QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

Steef

weresoclose

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on April 22, 2013, 04:12:10 am
So Hogville is worse now because I no longer get banned for calling MM over-rated?  Seriously?

Regardless, yes, I saw Springdale live once, they lost and MM broke his collarbone  or something, but what I came away with was this... MM wasn't impressive, and DW was ridiculously good.  I stated that long ago.

Hogville is worse now because posters have no sense of where we came from...  so you saw when MM broke his arm in the state championskhip game as a what sophomore or junior in HS (I honestly don't remember, which should show I am not from Springdale)?  Excellent.  I suppose one of the reasons you weren't impressed with MM was because he didn't play the 2nd half...  You saw that DWill had mad skills?  Good for you, honestly.  You have eyes, unlike some other posters. 

Hogville sucks now.  Plain and simple.  I'm not sure why I waste my time, other than I love the Hogs and like arguing the Bible-literalists in V-n-R, which has also grown old.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: arkjay19 on April 22, 2013, 12:22:09 am
Not the point.  Malzahn knew his personality better than anyone.  Why would Malzahn not suggest he go elsewhere than have him come to Arkansas with him?  He had other options.
So you're telling me that the guy's high school coach and mentor had ZERO effect on a guy who had already decommitted recommitting to the school?
Jon Gruden isn't coaching right now either.  You're showing a lot of bad judgment to think that Houston Nutt is not an employable college football coach.  Even Jack Crowe is still a college football coach.
Here is where I have the biggest issue.  As a fellow journalist, it's our job to know both sides of the story and you are so firmly 100% against Houston Nutt and backing of the Springdale contingent it is painful to read.  I've never been 100% on either side of any story.  It's the nature of the job.  I get that you don't like Houston Nutt, but you shouldn't let that sway your opinion so drastically.

It seems like you actually believe that Houston Nutt is the central villain of a dramatic and contriving conspiracy that is less believable than soap opera plots and than hardly anyone else did anything wrong.  There is just no way that is true.
My point wasn't about Malzahn having a personality that is common amongst coaches.  My point was that just as many want to demonize Nutt (yourself included), they also wanted to build up Malzahn as this perfect man and coach.  Events over the last 7 years have proven reality to be very much to the contrary, and probably more so than a lot of them could have feared.
1. It is the point. You said Malzahn should have encouraged Mustain to go to Florida. Clearly you are uninformed as to what was going on with Mustain during his recruiting process in 2005.

2. Yes, I'm not only telling you that Malzahn was not the reason that Mustain
recommitted to Arkansas and eventually signed with Arkansas, Malzahn was actually a problem is getting Mustain's signature. Mitch was moving on from high school. He was interested in developing himself as a pro-style quarterback. Malzhan's Hurry Up, No Huddle Offense was a high school offense in his mind. He was not interested in continuing to play in that system.

The main reason why Alex Wood was hired as the Hogs' QB coach in December of 2005 and the main reason that Malzahn assigned himself as the receivers coach is because he knew that Mustain would not come to Arkansas if he (Malzahn) was the QBs coach.
Wood was hired because he had been an NFL offensive coordinator. The night Mustain recommitted Wood made an elaborate presentation (to Mustain) of the type of offense Arkansas would employ if he (Mustain) came to Arkansas. Of course the whole thing was BS. I am convinced that Wood was duped along with Mustain. Nutt was not about to switch to a pro style offense. Malzahn believed he was going to employ the HUNH.

The reason you do not know these things is because you clearly did not talk to any of the people involved at the time.

3. Nutt has tried to get other jobs since he was fired. Gruden is not currently seeking college jobs or any other coaching jobs at this point. If he wanted one he would be in high demand and he is, in fact, in high demand even though he doesn't currently want a coaching job.

4. I talked to dozens of people who had first hand knowledge of what was going on during the 2006 and 2007 seasons. Many of them were Nutt supporters. My overwhelming conclusion at the end of that process was that the Arkansas head coach had engaged in practices that I had never before seen from a coach at any level. He used his family, specifically his wife and brother to spread unfounded rumors about players, and parents of players that he viewed as more tied to Malzahn than himself.

Among the people I talked to were players who were not targeted by Nutt but knew what was going on. One of them expressed a great fear that Nutt could ruin his chances during the NFL draft. This player was from another state. He had no ties to any of the former Springdale players on the team. He would only talk to me off the record. He spoke of how certain players had been used by the coaching staff to harass Mustain during the so called code red meeting. He said that meeting was one of the most sickening things he had ever seen done to a player. He said I needed to continue to investigate what happened. He further said that the Board of Trustees needed to get involved. I told him that would be difficult as long as people like him, with first hand knowledge of what had happened, kept publicly silent.

I don't need a lecture on how to do my job. I don't post under a fake name on a message board. I do my work under my own name.

5. Apparently you didn't bother to read much of what I wrote about this subject in this thread. I have specifically mentioned that Nutt had good reason to fear Malzahn. There was a plan in place to move Nutt to the AD's chair and give Malzahn Nutt's job. It is the main reason why Nutt reacted the way he did. Malzahn is certainly not blameless in the mess of 2006. By remaining silent he allowed the attacks on Mustain and is mother to go unanswered when he knew what was really going on.

Malzahn is an extremely ambitious coach who has finally achieved the goal he had when he used the success of his 2005 SHS team to jump to the college ranks. He is a head coach in the SEC. I hope he is happy. There are those left in the wake of that disfunctional 2006 season who are not. I'm talking players, parents, coaches, media and fans.

The Marmot

Quote from: weresoclose on April 22, 2013, 05:45:45 am
Hogville sucks now.  Plain and simple.  I'm not sure why I waste my time, other than I love the Hogs and like arguing the Bible-literalists in V-n-R, which has also grown old.

Then leave. Please. Hogville won't suck as bad then.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Hogwaller on April 20, 2013, 08:10:24 pm
You can wish for it to go away all you want. It will always be an interesting story because of the total injustice and waste of potential inflicted on a kid by a self-consumed coach who was in over his head. You couldn't make this stuff up.
You obviously did. The little azzhole got benched for a less touted, better QB and went elsewhere, where he proved how talented he was at QB. He was incredible at sending in plays.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HoopS

I don't care what level of success MM had here or anywhere.  People always want to deflect things and blame him for Houston Nutt pulling the BS he pulled.  There is no excuse for his behavior.  I don't care that Nutt was the QB killa either.  The way things were handled that season was an embarrassment.  Funny that the same few always post telling folks to shut up.  You had the choice to click this link or not and you clicked.  If you don't want to read how people feel about the mess, don't click.  But clicking in to tell people to move on will do just the opposite. 

Steef

Quote from: HoopS on April 22, 2013, 09:03:44 am
I don't care what level of success MM had here or anywhere.  People always want to deflect things and blame him for Houston Nutt pulling the BS he pulled.  There is no excuse for his behavior.  I don't care that Nutt was the QB killa either.  The way things were handled that season was an embarrassment.  Funny that the same few always post telling folks to shut up.  You had the choice to click this link or not and you clicked.  If you don't want to read how people feel about the mess, don't click.  But clicking in to tell people to move on will do just the opposite.

+1

But you're still a goober.

Sivad

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 22, 2013, 06:30:31 am

My overwhelming conclusion was that the Arkansas head coach had engaged in practices that I had never before seen from a coach at any level.

He used his family, specifically his wife and brother to spread unfounded rumors about players, and parents of players that he viewed as more tied to Malzahn than himself.

One of them expressed a great fear that Nutt could ruin his chances during the NFL draft.

He spoke of how certain players had been used by the coaching staff to harass Mustain during the so called code red meeting.

He said that meeting was one of the most sickening things he had ever seen done to a player.

Houston D. Nutt = Pure D. Scum

Thank goodness the truth is coming out on that fraud so that hopefully he and his family can ruin no more lives from his position as a college football coach.

KlubhouseKonnected

Swine-as-wine

Quote from: Hogfly on April 18, 2013, 11:18:15 am
Film is being scored right now by Lendell Black, from what I understand. It will premier at the Little Rock Film Fest. Matt Wolfe is no hack, so it should be good.

Little Rock Film Festival?  Little Rock? ? ? ?  That gonna be moved to Fayetteville too?  ;)

DOGALUM

Quote from: Swine-as-wine on April 23, 2013, 12:47:25 am
Little Rock Film Festival?  Little Rock? ? ? ?  That gonna be moved to Fayetteville too?  ;)
Not if Robert Shields has anything to say about it.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Est. 1981

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 22, 2013, 06:30:31 am
1. It is the point. You said Malzahn should have encouraged Mustain to go to Florida. Clearly you are uninformed as to what was going on with Mustain during his recruiting process in 2005.

2. Yes, I'm not only telling you that Malzahn was not the reason that Mustain
recommitted to Arkansas and eventually signed with Arkansas, Malzahn was actually a problem is getting Mustain's signature. Mitch was moving on from high school. He was interested in developing himself as a pro-style quarterback. Malzhan's Hurry Up, No Huddle Offense was a high school offense in his mind. He was not interested in continuing to play in that system.

The main reason why Alex Wood was hired as the Hogs' QB coach in December of 2005 and the main reason that Malzahn assigned himself as the receivers coach is because he knew that Mustain would not come to Arkansas if he (Malzahn) was the QBs coach.
Wood was hired because he had been an NFL offensive coordinator. The night Mustain recommitted Wood made an elaborate presentation (to Mustain) of the type of offense Arkansas would employ if he (Mustain) came to Arkansas. Of course the whole thing was BS. I am convinced that Wood was duped along with Mustain. Nutt was not about to switch to a pro style offense. Malzahn believed he was going to employ the HUNH.

The reason you do not know these things is because you clearly did not talk to any of the people involved at the time.

3. Nutt has tried to get other jobs since he was fired. Gruden is not currently seeking college jobs or any other coaching jobs at this point. If he wanted one he would be in high demand and he is, in fact, in high demand even though he doesn't currently want a coaching job.

4. I talked to dozens of people who had first hand knowledge of what was going on during the 2006 and 2007 seasons. Many of them were Nutt supporters. My overwhelming conclusion at the end of that process was that the Arkansas head coach had engaged in practices that I had never before seen from a coach at any level. He used his family, specifically his wife and brother to spread unfounded rumors about players, and parents of players that he viewed as more tied to Malzahn than himself.

Among the people I talked to were players who were not targeted by Nutt but knew what was going on. One of them expressed a great fear that Nutt could ruin his chances during the NFL draft. This player was from another state. He had no ties to any of the former Springdale players on the team. He would only talk to me off the record. He spoke of how certain players had been used by the coaching staff to harass Mustain during the so called code red meeting. He said that meeting was one of the most sickening things he had ever seen done to a player. He said I needed to continue to investigate what happened. He further said that the Board of Trustees needed to get involved. I told him that would be difficult as long as people like him, with first hand knowledge of what had happened, kept publicly silent.

I don't need a lecture on how to do my job. I don't post under a fake name on a message board. I do my work under my own name.

5. Apparently you didn't bother to read much of what I wrote about this subject in this thread. I have specifically mentioned that Nutt had good reason to fear Malzahn. There was a plan in place to move Nutt to the AD's chair and give Malzahn Nutt's job. It is the main reason why Nutt reacted the way he did. Malzahn is certainly not blameless in the mess of 2006. By remaining silent he allowed the attacks on Mustain and is mother to go unanswered when he knew what was really going on.

Malzahn is an extremely ambitious coach who has finally achieved the goal he had when he used the success of his 2005 SHS team to jump to the college ranks. He is a head coach in the SEC. I hope he is happy. There are those left in the wake of that disfunctional 2006 season who are not. I'm talking players, parents, coaches, media and fans.

THIS is 100% TRUE. I used to work with an ex player he no longer works for our company. He was not a superstar but he was a household name if you were a HOG fan you knew his name. He was a JR. when MM came in as a FR. Now he told me a bunch of stories and information on what really happened with the whole situation. He WAS NOT a fan of MM and said that the upper classmen absolutely hated MM with the help and pushing of HDN. Now with this being said he was friends with some of the players (whom I will not name) who were told by HDN to relentlessly harrass MM told them lies of things that MM had supposedly done during his recruitment and behind closed door to fuel their already growing anger towards MM and to secure that they would carrier out the acts of just haness bullying. This player told me that these players that HDN had come to to bully MM were like his right hand men. They were SR. and they were STARS and HDN fed them BS lies to get them to carry out this punishment on MM. Even though this player didn't like MM much and was good friends with the SR. players that HDN had recruited to pick on MM. He told me stories that were just UNREAL at the level of hatred and just plain being MEAN. He told me that they were so bad sometimes that he would just leave the room or where ever it was taking place and that he never participated in these bully sessions. Now he did tell me exactly what Mike speaks about this meeting where MM was called out, bullied, threatened with physical harm he said it was one of the most SAD and SURREAL things he had ever witnessed in all his years playing football. This ex player that told me all this liked HDN and was recruited by him but he also told me the truth about the situation, players, and what he really thought of HDN ("Looking back he's nothing but a lying used car salesmen") But at my time in college we all  bought into loving him like a father figure because most of us didn't grow up with a father figure. Just thought I'd share. He told me a bunch of stories about MM and the Springdale 5 situation just way too much to type out E.G. everyone's heard of MM going to the equipment manager and demanding that he didn't wear Adidas and he better get him some Nike's he told me all about that encounter too.
UofA Alumni 2007

Steef

Quote from: Est. 1981 on April 26, 2013, 12:45:26 pm
THIS is 100% TRUE. I used to work with an ex player he no longer works for our company. He was not a superstar but he was a household name if you were a HOG fan you knew his name. He was a JR. when MM came in as a FR. Now he told me a bunch of stories and information on what really happened with the whole situation. He WAS NOT a fan of MM and said that the upper classmen absolutely hated MM with the help and pushing of HDN. Now with this being said he was friends with some of the players (whom I will not name) who were told by HDN to relentlessly harrass MM told them lies of things that MM had supposedly done during his recruitment and behind closed door to fuel their already growing anger towards MM and to secure that they would carrier out the acts of just haness bullying. This player told me that these players that HDN had come to to bully MM were like his right hand men. They were SR. and they were STARS and HDN fed them BS lies to get them to carry out this punishment on MM. Even though this player didn't like MM much and was good friends with the SR. players that HDN had recruited to pick on MM. He told me stories that were just UNREAL at the level of hatred and just plain being MEAN. He told me that they were so bad sometimes that he would just leave the room or where ever it was taking place and that he never participated in these bully sessions. Now he did tell me exactly what Mike speaks about this meeting where MM was called out, bullied, threatened with physical harm he said it was one of the most SAD and SURREAL things he had ever witnessed in all his years playing football. This ex player that told me all this liked HDN and was recruited by him but he also told me the truth about the situation, players, and what he really thought of HDN ("Looking back he's nothing but a lying used car salesmen") But at my time in college we all  bought into loving him like a father figure because most of us didn't grow up with a father figure. Just thought I'd share. He told me a bunch of stories about MM and the Springdale 5 situation just way too much to type out E.G. everyone's heard of MM going to the equipment manager and demanding that he didn't wear Adidas and he better get him some Nike's he told me all about that encounter too.

Thanks for sharing.

mikeindallas

I for one am tired of mitch getting screwed over by adults. he is a fine young man but it always seems like some idiot coach is intentionally screwing him over.

the latest outrage is owner and head coach darren arbet of the san jose sabercats benching mitch 0-1 as a back up and replacing him with russ michna who everyone knows suxxed when he was with the chicago rush.

hooten dale arbet you sir have no integrity. hopefully coach arbet won't order a code red on mitch which could adversely affect mitch and potentially hurt him in his part time job at an san jose area home depot 

Mike Irwin

Quote from: mikeindallas on April 26, 2013, 04:39:49 pm
I for one am tired of mitch getting screwed over by adults. he is a fine young man but it always seems like some idiot coach is intentionally screwing him over.

the latest outrage is owner and head coach darren arbet of the san jose sabercats benching mitch 0-1 as a back up and replacing him with russ michna who everyone knows suxxed when he was with the chicago rush.

hooten dale arbet you sir have no integrity. hopefully coach arbet won't order a code red on mitch which could adversely affect mitch and potentially hurt him in his part time job at an san jose area home depot

Like most of the people who bash Mitch you seem to enjoy spreading nonsense. Per your previous post, Mitch has not lived at home (except for brief visits) since he enrolled at Arkansas.

Mitch was not benched at San Jose. He was never the starter. After two straight games where he struggled veteran QB Aaron Garcia was replaced by Russ Michna who has five years experience to zero for Mustain. Michna was signed and Garcia was traded. Mustain remains the backup QB. .

Your claim that Mustain is 0-1 as a backup is also laughable. He came in late in one game that was already lost and threw a TD pass. No way could the loss be attributed to him and that's the only time he's played.

Arena league is similar to the NFL in that backup QBs rarely play unless the starter is hurt.

As for Michna here are his stats from last year: 351-of-503 passes (69.8%) for 4,470 yards with 89 touchdowns and ten interceptions in 16 appearances. Chicago was 10-8 last season. Not awesome but he hardly sucked.

I have no idea if Mustain will stick in Arena Football but that's really not the point of this thread.
You clearly don't get the point but why would that stop you?

TNRazorbacker

Can't wait to see the live action shots of him on the sidelines.

Theolesnort

Quote from: mikeindallas on April 26, 2013, 04:39:49 pm

Well Danny I will tell you one thing, you and your brother were not the only persons in this life to cut their own noses off to spite their face. To bench a QB you guys were destroying instead of nurturing and developing is truly mind blowing. Especially when you replaced him with a QB that was still injured. You did Casey no favors by rushing him back like ya'll did.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Theolesnort

Yep all three things Mitch won were remarkable then you and your brother got a hold of him and did him wrong. Shame on you guys.
He was deliberately undermined and damaged. Shame on you again. What could have been. He was the best high school QB I have ever seen in Arkansas and I have been watching them all the way back to Gordon Guest at Pine Bluff in the 50's. A good thing was messed up on purpose and that is what I meant by cutting one's nose off to spite one's face. Instead of attack and destroy he could have been groomed and nurtured. When he left Ark he was already damaged.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Theolesnort on April 27, 2013, 09:36:29 am
Yep all three things Mitch won were remarkable then you and your brother got a hold of him and did him wrong. Shame on you guys.
He was deliberately undermined and damaged. Shame on you. What could have been. He was the best high school QB I have ever seen and I have been watching them all the way back to Gordon Guest at Pine Bluff. A good thing was messed up on purpose and that is what I meant by cutting one's nose off to spite one's face.

So are you saying that "mikeindallas" is actually HDN posting on Hogville?
Go Hogs Go!

Theolesnort

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Theolesnort on April 27, 2013, 09:42:50 am
No, his brother.

Now that is a pretty sad situation. Enough damage has been done to this kid. Time to let it go.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: mikeindallas on April 27, 2013, 08:09:43 am
this whole thing isn't about mustain. it can't be the guy was a razorback for 3 months, he was a trojan for 4 years if you want to blame someone for not nurturing his talent, call pete carroll he coaches the seahawks now.

what this is about and always has been is simply a continuation of the GSD. that's right nw arkansas vs. little rock.

hey kurt voigt you wanna write a book, write one about catholic highs back to back state championships, or bernie cox's amazing run at central, or sam goodwins run at parkview, in the hindsight of history springdales year of the dog was just one year, kind of pales in comparison.

as for mustain the only thing remarkable about mitch is this, he was the first player to ever be the consensus gatorade player of the year, the parade player of the year and the usa today player of the year. that is remarkable, in that all three got it so completely wrong.  the the conventional wisdom, the so called experts got it so completely wrong.

this is mitch's claim to fame

Mustain, from Springdale, Ark., was rated as the second-best pro-style quarterback in the 2006 class behind Matthew Stafford. Stafford was the No. 1 pick in the 2009 NFL draft and Mustain was not taken in this year's draft. Mustain won eight games as a freshman at Arkansas but decided to transfer to USC where things went horribly wrong. As the Trojans went from Mark Sanchez to Matt Barkley, Mustain was left out of the loop and his career spiraled to anonymity.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1238192

number 5 biggest recruiting bust.

the narative was supposed to be that nwa was going to be the big dog now and little rock was just going to do things their way.

and since that narrative is alive and well mitch mustains moldering corpse keeps getting dug up.

and mustain is his own worst enemy, someone tell me how this ridiculous film could possible help him? on the off chance that someone might actually see it, in the trailer there's a voice over of mitch saying he never dreamed of being a college quarterback, ironic considering the guy is trying to be a pro quarterback   

tell me how allowing himself to participate in that stupid book helped him? calling your head coach a dork and then allowing that to be published in a book, it may have sold some books for voigt but it didn't do mitch any favors.

i can just imagine what holtz would have done, or petrino.

You have a lot of nerve posting negative things on this site about this kid. I agree with "Snort". You truly should be ashamed.
Go Hogs Go!

Steef

Steef

Quote from: mikeindallas on April 27, 2013, 08:09:43 am
this whole thing isn't about mustain. it can't be the guy was a razorback for 3 months, he was a trojan for 4 years if you want to blame someone for not nurturing his talent, call pete carroll he coaches the seahawks now.

what this is about and always has been is simply a continuation of the GSD. that's right nw arkansas vs. little rock.

hey kurt voigt you wanna write a book, write one about catholic highs back to back state championships, or bernie cox's amazing run at central, or sam goodwins run at parkview, in the hindsight of history springdales year of the dog was just one year, kind of pales in comparison.

as for mustain the only thing remarkable about mitch is this, he was the first player to ever be the consensus gatorade player of the year, the parade player of the year and the usa today player of the year. that is remarkable, in that all three got it so completely wrong.  the the conventional wisdom, the so called experts got it so completely wrong.

this is mitch's claim to fame

Mustain, from Springdale, Ark., was rated as the second-best pro-style quarterback in the 2006 class behind Matthew Stafford. Stafford was the No. 1 pick in the 2009 NFL draft and Mustain was not taken in this year's draft. Mustain won eight games as a freshman at Arkansas but decided to transfer to USC where things went horribly wrong. As the Trojans went from Mark Sanchez to Matt Barkley, Mustain was left out of the loop and his career spiraled to anonymity.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1238192

number 5 biggest recruiting bust.

the narative was supposed to be that nwa was going to be the big dog now and little rock was just going to do things their way.

and since that narrative is alive and well mitch mustains moldering corpse keeps getting dug up.

and mustain is his own worst enemy, someone tell me how this ridiculous film could possible help him? on the off chance that someone might actually see it, in the trailer there's a voice over of mitch saying he never dreamed of being a college quarterback, ironic considering the guy is trying to be a pro quarterback   

tell me how allowing himself to participate in that stupid book helped him? calling your head coach a dork and then allowing that to be published in a book, it may have sold some books for voigt but it didn't do mitch any favors.

i can just imagine what holtz would have done, or petrino.

Like so many others, your points have nothing to do with WHY we should always remember what happened.

It isn't about MM. It isn't about his talent, or lack. It isn't about his accomplishments, or lack.

Its about what was done TO him, not BY him.

And IF....you....really are....who Theo says you are, then this remembrance is (and should always be) more about YOU...and YOUR accomplishments.

And abundant lack, thereof.

PonderinHog

Quote from: steefhog on April 27, 2013, 10:04:38 am
Like so many others, your points have nothing to do with WHY we should always remember what happened.

It isn't about MM. It isn't about his talent, or lack. It isn't about his accomplishments, or lack.

Its about what was done TO him, not BY him.

And IF....you....really are....who Theo says you are, then this remembrance is (and should always be) more about YOU...and YOUR accomplishments.

And abundant lack, thereof.
Serious question.  Could Danny even compose a post like that?  Not defending the post, BTW.

Steef

Quote from: mikeindallas on April 27, 2013, 10:10:22 am
grow the heck up steef the days of banning people who don't worship at the alter of mitch mustain are over, it's been 7 freaking years get over it, nutts out of coaching most likely forever, mustain's got a one year arena football deal and then back to selling used cars.

he wasn't the best qb that you guys ever saw you just thought he was

Do you actually READ the posts you reply to?

'Cause it doesn't show in your responses.

Where....in any of my posts, did you see me extol the playing skill of MM? Answer....(since you aren't capable)....nowhere.

edit....I can't help but notice that you didn't deny Theo's revelation.

Steef

Quote from: PonderinHog on April 27, 2013, 10:08:21 am
Serious question.  Could Danny even compose a post like that?  Not defending the post, BTW.

You're judging Danny's composition skills by the standards of his buddy, Teresa.

PonderinHog

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: mikeindallas on April 27, 2013, 10:10:22 am
grow the heck up steef the days of banning people who don't worship at the alter of mitch mustain are over, it's been 7 freaking years get over it, nutts out of coaching most likely forever, mustain's got a one year arena football deal and then back to selling used cars.

he wasn't the best qb that you guys ever saw you just thought he was

those are the facts and they are not in dispute

Exactly, so why are you still spewing this crap and attempting to diminish the kid to defend your position?
Go Hogs Go!

Porked Tongue

Lord.  Suddenly I realize we will have still have this conversation in the year 2040.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 27, 2013, 10:21:31 am
Lord.  Suddenly I realize we will have still have this conversation in the year 2040.

Maybe, but with regard to "mikeindallas", we didn't start this particular portion of the discussion, just reacting.
Go Hogs Go!

Porked Tongue

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 27, 2013, 10:23:09 am
Maybe, but with regard to "mikeindallas", we didn't start this particular portion of the discussion, just reacting.
You know how polarizing the topic is and has been.  It's as if it's frozen in time.

These conversations will always devolve to this point no matter how it starts.

That's my point.

PonderinHog

But by then they'll have to call it Nursing Home Quarterback or Hospital Bed Quarterback...

Steef

Sorry, man. I realize you mean well and I often respect your opinion. But those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

We had men (and women) in positions of authority...in our name and Colors...deliberately persecuting students.

Just remembering enough to prevent a recurrence would suffice....if there weren't still "fans" still willing to condone and excuse what was done.

I'm not interested in letting that go.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 27, 2013, 10:24:49 am
You know how polarizing the topic is and has been.  It's as if it's frozen in time.

These conversations will always devolve to this point no matter how it starts.

That's my point.

I hear ya and I don't disagree, but when I found out who it was that was saying these things, it kinda got me a little upset. Seriously, the nerve of it all.
Go Hogs Go!

Porked Tongue

Quote from: steefhog on April 27, 2013, 10:26:51 am
I'm not interested in letting that go.
I know and I understand.  But the velocity in which you state your case will always magnetize someone else to come back as Mike is doing.

It's just like politics.  No one is convincing anyone about anything.  It's just repetitive.  We're long past who did what to whom and who believes what about the drama.

Lots of people are sick of hearing it.  I'm in that crowd. 

But as I said, it appears to never end.  To me, regurgitating it gives it a new life each time.  Both sides take hits every damn time it surfaces.

Steef

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 27, 2013, 10:32:12 am
I know and I understand.  But the velocity in which you state your case will always magnetize someone else to come back as Mike is doing.

It's just like politics.  No one is convincing anyone about anything.  It's just repetitive.  We're long past who did what to whom and who believes what about the drama.

Lots of people are sick of hearing it.  I'm in that crowd. 

But as I said, it appears to never end.  To me, regurgitating it gives it a new life each time.  Both sides take hits every damn time it surfaces.

Your first two lines are absolutely true.

However...those that are sick of it...don't have to click the thread.

Kinda like me and a Shields thread.   ;D

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: mikeindallas on April 27, 2013, 10:31:40 am
bingo that's been my point all along it's over, i was prepared just like everybody else to welcome in the mitch mustain era, but i'm glad i got to enjoy the ryan mallett petrino era instead

during that entire time people would post things like

when mitch is lighting it up at usc you'll be....

when mitch goes pro like matt cassel you'll be......

did any one ever think the reality would be

when mitch is riding the pine for the sabercats you'll be.....

So why did you bring it up? Why even post anything if you want it to be over? Why post anything negative about the young man? That was your choice, and for an obvious reason.
Go Hogs Go!