Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mizzou (5-15, 0-8 SEC) @ No. 24 Florida (16-5, 6-2) 7P EST ESPN2

Started by jbcarol, February 02, 2017, 11:57:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 3h3 hours ago

UF-Mizzou advance: With No.8 Kentucky looming, White's charge is to keep focus on present - via @Gator_sports http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20170202/ARTICLES/170209992/1136?p=all&tc=pgall ...

Latest Line lists Florida as a 22.5-point favorite over Missouri.

QuoteMike White made clear his no tolerance policy about overlooking Missouri tonight.

"If I hear Kentucky from one of our players," White said. "They might not play."

With a showdown with No. 8 Kentucky at home looming Saturday night, White's main goal is to keep his team focused on the present. Missouri has yet to win an SEC game this season and has lost 12 straight. Florida will begin the first of two home games in a 72-hour span by playing a rare Thursday night game.

Asked if Kentucky was on his mind, Florida sophomore center Kevarrius Hayes responded: "A little bit, but trying not to think too far ahead. I mean we do have Missouri right in front of us."

Missouri has been more competitive in SEC play of late, with three of its last four losses coming by 12 points or less. But it's been a tough rebuild at Missouri for third-year coach Kim Anderson, who inherited sanctions and scholarship reductions after former coach Frank Haith left for Tulsa.

"I understand that they've struggled in some areas, they've struggled to score at times, to get over the hump at times," White said.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 8h8 hours ago

Three takeaways from UF's 93-54 win over Missouri - http://brockway.blogs.gatorsports.com/13615/three-takeaways-ufs-93-54-win-missouri/ ...

QuoteFlorida did a good job of spreading minutes around heading into less than a 48-hour turnaround on Saturday against No. 8 Kentucky. Leading scorer KeVaughn Allen was held to 23 minutes, while centers John Egbunu (17 minutes) and Kevarrius Hayes (18 minutes) both played under 20 minutes. Chris Chiozza played the longest (29 minutes) because he was going for a triple-double (cramping issues).