Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Byars brings up a question.

Started by JIHawg, January 29, 2017, 02:32:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Deep Shoat

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 29, 2017, 08:37:00 pm
Evidently bama withdrew their offer this week?
WE NEED TO OFFER NOW!!!!!!111

wE CAN'T LOOSE ANOTHER ARKANSAS KID TO THE JUCOS.  PAY HIS TOOTER TO TAKE THE ACP FOR HIM, PAY THE PRINCIPLE $2000.00, WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET HIM ON CAMPUS.

B ERT NEEDS TO STOP BEING FAT AND IGNORE HIS HOT PREGNANT WIFE AND MAKE THIS HAPPEN NOW!!!!!!!!11
All Gas, No Brakes!

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 29, 2017, 08:41:00 pm

wE CAN'T LOOSE ANOTHER ARKANSAS KID TO THE JUCOS.  PAY HIS TOOTER TO TAKE THE ACP FOR HIM, PAY THE PRINCIPLE $2000.00, WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET HIM ON CAMPUS.

B ERT NEEDS TO STOP BEING FAT AND IGNORE HIS HOT PREGNANT WIFE AND MAKE THIS HAPPEN NOW!!!!!!!!11
love it... Bwahahahahaaaaa

Nosboar Accubond

Thought they were sign & place'ing him?

tophawg19

placing him yes , signing him no . curious to see if he goes Prep or Juco
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

colbs

lol

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 29, 2017, 06:40:10 pm
I fully believe that was why Satan was here . He already knew this kid wouldn't qualify . I'm wondering if IMG Academy might be an option. I'm not sure how those work. This was a kid he wanted bad and at this point has no DT's on his list now. He wasn't here during recruiting time just to be nice . that isn't his MO

Lil Nicky was in town to grease palms and attempt some Bama magic on that official transcript. If Byers isn't enrolled at Bama in the fall then we know that Daryl Patton's people in the FHS admin are Whole Hog.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

ricepig

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on January 29, 2017, 09:27:40 pm
Lil Nicky was in town to grease palms and attempt some Bama magic on that official transcript. If Byers isn't enrolled at Bama in the fall then we know that Daryl Patton's people in the FHS admin are Whole Hog.

Daryl's in Bauxite these days.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Not everybody went to Bauxite ya know.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

tophawg19

Nick knew he wasn't going to qualify no matter what the FHS people did . he was there to discuss placing him somewhere . i fully expect a Prep school

theshiva

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on January 29, 2017, 07:48:15 pm
Geesh. They slow played for a major reason.  I just love all these omniscient recruiting experts this board has. Thanks for all the inside dope.

Of course we have a reason. Nobody is saying the coaching staff is ignorant. Just that their recruiting style may be more conservative than their own good. There's a reason why we always do well with parents but maybe not as well with the actual recruits.

The question then becomes, which style is the best for our situation? We're at a major disadvantage in talent compared most of the SEC. So is it better to gamble a slot or two for elite talent, and risk depth issues?

Oklahawg

Prep school implies that Byers is remotely close to qualifying.

They may have been discussing the most nurturing JUCO academic support center at a school with a football team.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: theshiva on January 29, 2017, 10:13:15 pm
So is it better to gamble a slot or two for elite talent, and risk depth issues?
Can't risk depth at Arkansas. Not under CBB, CBP, HDN, CDF, KH, LH....

You don't have to gamble slots to get elite talent. Getting elite talent does not depend on gambles.

Ironhawg

I sure hope this is dripping with sarcasm like I think it is, because if it isn't your cheese has slipped clean off your cracker.

MissippHog

Quote from: LRHawg on January 29, 2017, 05:25:18 pm
Lot of crow to go around, but don't see anyone stepping up to claim it.
This.  Thread after thread regarding how sorry our staff was for not offering him, blah blah blah.  Same group of posters saying the same darn. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: MissippHog on January 29, 2017, 11:30:12 pm
This.  Thread after thread regarding how sorry our staff was for not offering him, blah blah blah.  Same group of posters saying the same darn.

Wish someone would start throwing names out there. I really don't feel like going back and looking

greenie

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 29, 2017, 11:48:44 pm
Wish someone would start throwing names out there. I really don't feel like going back and looking

Hear, hear!  It's crow eatin' time, but I bet the offenders disappear into the abyss.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 29, 2017, 06:36:04 pm
that is totally ass backwards. WE should be the one's taking risks, we have nothing to lose. You just pulled that one out of your arse!

Surely you know better than this...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

TUSKtimes

No one in BamaLand is reporting that anything has changed with Akial Byers recruitment.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: TUSKtimes on January 30, 2017, 08:44:59 am

No one in BamaLand is reporting that anything has changed with Akial Byers recruitment.
oh, well RD must be wrong then

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: TUSKtimes on January 30, 2017, 08:44:59 am

Great call

Pork Twain

Nice to once again see that the brilliant minds on Hogville are not on the same level as our coaches.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

theshiva

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 30, 2017, 12:21:01 pm
Nice to once again see that the brilliant minds on Hogville are not on the same level as our coaches.

I guess it's tied score now with Daniels and Bryers.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: theshiva on January 29, 2017, 10:13:15 pm
Of course we have a reason. Nobody is saying the coaching staff is ignorant. Just that their recruiting style may be more conservative than their own good. There's a reason why we always do well with parents but maybe not as well with the actual recruits.

The question then becomes, which style is the best for our situation? We're at a major disadvantage in talent compared most of the SEC. So is it better to gamble a slot or two for elite talent, and risk depth issues?
IF indeed the young man is not going to qualify academically then we have a pretty solid insight into why CBB and staff didn't offer. While I realize we want and need to keep all instate kids who QUALIFY and are considered to be solid D1, more specially SEC prospects, I also have to wonder how many on here would be in meltdown mode right about now if in fact we had gotten a commitment from this young man. We would have heard plenty of folks blasting the staff for "wasting" a scholarship slot on a kid who isn't going to make it immediately (if ever) to campus. In other words, for SOME this staff can't win for losing when it comes to recruiting. A truly no win situation for some members of this site. GEEZZZZZZ.......but why am truly not surprised in any way, shape or form ???

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: factchecker on January 30, 2017, 12:26:27 pm
https://twitter.com/ChrisKirschner/status/826133681572020226

That article was unnecessarily rough IMO.

Why mention that some Bama Coaches didn't want to sign him because they didn't think he progressed enough?

Just let it be

WooPig90

The real question to this thread is..who is Byars?!

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

TUSKtimes

Takes the heat off Bielema and Bama doesn't bog down waiting on his new scores.

factchecker

January 30, 2017, 12:43:34 pm #81 Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 06:21:44 am by factchecker
Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 30, 2017, 12:39:01 pm

Why mention that some Bama Coaches didn't want to sign him because they didn't think he progressed enough?

Just let it be

Glad it wasn't Arkansas pulling the scholly.  Imagine if that article would have been about Arkansas coaches instead of Bama's.  All someone would have say is "I don't know why they are pulling my offer....."
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: factchecker on January 30, 2017, 12:40:50 pm
https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/826133426885517312
We can only hope so. However, I have a strong feeling there will be those who will STILL want to argue and moan/groan about the whole situation. PLEEZEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Give it a rest!!!! >:(

WooPig90

Quote from: TUSKtimes on January 30, 2017, 12:41:37 pm
Takes the heat off Bielema and Bama doesn't bog down waiting on his new scores.

But as hogs fans we wish bama signed him and then he didnt qualify

Nosboar Accubond

Please use this thread for all the crow servings so we don't have to dig for them.

FYI - that's a Bama writer.

https://twitter.com/chriskirschner/status/826134269743468544

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: factchecker on January 30, 2017, 12:43:34 pm
Glad it wasn't Arkansas pulling the scholly.  Imagine if that article would have been about Arkansas coaches instead of Bama's.  All Byers would have say is "I don't know why they are pulling my offer....."

Just like he did when he said he had no clue why we didn't offer him.
This is the part I don't understand. We could have done just like Bama, pulled and placed him. Why would an out of state school get a pass but one in town can't? That is ass backwards! Complete bull chit to think that somehow we'd damage our rep with our on campus high school. We wouldn't. It isnt Arkansas' fault they kid couldnt get qualified at a $100,000,000 high school.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hawginbigd1

It's sad to see people double down on stupid!

WooPig90

Nosboar Accubond

WooPig90

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 30, 2017, 12:50:02 pm
This is the part I don't understand. We could have donw just like Bama, pulled and placed him. Why would an out of state school get a pass but one in town can't? That is ass backwards!

Why do people still keep thinking its just grades? Have you not seen all of the other reasons?

TUSKtimes

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 30, 2017, 12:47:53 pm
But as hogs fans we wish bama signed him and then he didnt qualify

The one position we need in this class that hasn't happened is DL. Knowing the situation lets Bama put the full court press on plan B, whatever that is.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 30, 2017, 12:51:02 pm
Why do people still keep thinking its just grades? Have you not seen all of the other reasons?
Look, we cant go around having higher standards than the country's standard bearer.... I haven't been one of the guys fretting about Byers all year. I WAS however the guy doing it all LAST year with Chris. I just don't understand how it's a "risk" if you can just wait until end of January and check his grades AFTER semester. If he's good, great. If not, fine. DLs dont grow on trees. We've had exactly 2 4* DLs in NWA in recent memory.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

colbs

Quote from: TUSKtimes on January 30, 2017, 12:51:41 pm
The one position we need in this class that hasn't happened is DL. Knowing the situation lets Bama put the full court press on plan B, whatever that is.
Which is a lot of schools plan A.

factchecker

January 30, 2017, 12:53:45 pm #93 Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:30:00 am by factchecker
This is the part I don't understand. We could have done just like Bama, pulled and placed him. Why would an out of state school get a pass but one in town can't? That is ass backwards! Complete bull chit to think that somehow we'd damage our rep with our on campus high school. We wouldn't. It isnt Arkansas' fault they kid couldnt get qualified at a $100,000,000 high school.

This is why:

http://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/interview-arkansas-class-of-2017-dt-akial-byers-gives-recruiting-update/

QuoteHave you taken any unofficial visits this offseason?

"I just took one to Arkansas over the weekend."

How did that visit go?

"It went good, but they still have not offered me yet."

Have they talked to you about where you stand receiving an offer from them?

"Not really."

When you've talked to them about the program and in regards to recruiting, what have they told you?

"They want me to feel at home or whatever. I'm from right here in their backyard. When I left they said we'll see you soon."

So they have not told you why they have not offered you yet?

"No."

How are you feeling with the recruiting process from Arkansas?

"It's frustrating. I have no clue why they haven't offered me yet."

Say they offer you in a couple of weeks or a couple of months even, will you feel bitter about how long this process has taken without them talking to you about it first?

"Yeah."
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

tophawg19

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 30, 2017, 12:39:01 pm

Just let it be
actually I'm glad the mentioned him Struggling mightly in the UAA game against good talent. Says our coaches may have seen things others didn't besides grades

Biggus Piggus

"Over a month now?" Arkansas recruiting writers said Byers was DOA from the beginning. They said it over and over and over. This was never a secret. Never. All you had to do was make the slightest effort to find out.
[CENSORED]!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: factchecker on January 30, 2017, 12:53:45 pm
This is why we couldn't pull his scholarship or try a sign and place because all it would take would be for him to lie..... again:

http://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/interview-arkansas-class-of-2017-dt-akial-byers-gives-recruiting-update/
that is such a craptastic article. that fool should put out an update now that it is obvious WHy.
@Slackaveli

factchecker

How could we prove it was academics? Legally the school can not say divulge academic information.  If he doesn't sign with us then we can't even speak his name.

All he would have to do is say "I don't know why they pulled my scholarship.  It's too late for me to go elsewhere.  I'm forced to go to (insert JUCO) and I'm not happy."
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 29, 2017, 06:36:04 pm
that is totally ass backwards. WE should be the one's taking risks, we have nothing to lose. You just pulled that one out of your arse!

When you need players, you cannot afford to sign a player who isn't going to arrive, period, 0% chance, hopeless.
[CENSORED]!

factchecker

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 30, 2017, 12:56:13 pm
that is such a craptastic article. that fool should put out an update now that it is obvious WHy.

Many of our fans bought it.  They believed it 100%.  A good portion of hogville believed it. 

"There is no way that Alabama would offer an academic risk."

"Look how caring Saban is..... he came to check on Akial."

I guess it's easy to forget what Saban did to Philon and the other players he processed even after he got them on campus.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS