Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Byars brings up a question.

Started by JIHawg, January 29, 2017, 02:32:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

If you sign a player who then doesn't get eligible, do you lose that one of your 25 allotted?

RazorPiggie

Yes. That's why you can't risk taking them.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: JIHawg on January 29, 2017, 02:32:41 pm
If you sign a player who then doesn't get eligible, do you lose that one of your 25 allotted?

Not sure about that but you could ask Nick after he signed this guy last year when he didn't make it academically.

http://247sports.com/player/kendell-jones-36873
Go Hogs Go!

factchecker

Yes, but not due to a penalty but rather a contract.  The LOI is a contract that binds to the school to the athlete.

If a commit signs then you lose one spot until he goes elsewhere (JUCO).  The commit can continue to work for eligibility before the deadline, which is after signing day.

In most instances the committed school would simply not let the recruit sign.  Well, why couldn't we do that?

Simply put, drama.  There would be no way the coaching staff could defend themselves if a recruit lied about not qualifying.  No way. Coaches can't talk about a recruit that has not signed.  They can't even say their name.  Coach Bielema couldn't even mention Alex Collins until they sorted out the signing day drama with momma.

All the kid would have to do is lie: "I don't know why they won't let me sign.  It's too late for me to go anywhere else.  I'm going to go to (insert JUCO here) and get my revenge."
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

JIHawg

Quote from: factchecker on January 29, 2017, 02:43:12 pm
Yes, but not due to a penalty but rather a contract.  The LOI is a contract that binds to the school to the athlete.

If a commit signs then you lose one spot until he goes elsewhere (JUCO).  The commit can continue to work for eligibility before the deadline, which is after signing day.

In most instances the committed school would simply not let the recruit sign.  Well, why couldn't we do that?

Simply put, drama.  There would be no way the coaching staff could defend themselves if a recruit lied about not qualifying.  No way. Coaches can't talk about a recruit that has not signed.  They can't even say their name.  Coach Bielema couldn't even mention Alex Collins until they sorted out the signing day drama with momma.

All the kid would have to do is lie: "I don't know why they won't let me sign.  It's too late for me to go anywhere else.  I'm going to go to (insert JUCO here) and get my revenge."

There must have been thirty or more threads in the last year when poster after poster opined that we should offer this kid, and now you're telling me these coaches may have actually known what they were doing?

Muskliketusk

Bama can afford to take grade risks we ain't in that boat. And all Nick will do is push some kids out if Byers do qualify and they need room. If not ain't no skin off nicks back. HCBB don't process kids like that.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: JIHawg on January 29, 2017, 02:47:38 pm
There must have been thirty or more threads in the last year when poster after poster opined that we should offer this kid, and now you're telling me these coaches may have actually known what they were doing?

Maybe. Of course if he gets eligible at Bama and we didn't offer him with the non existent DT sign we will sign this year. It's going to be brought up

onebadrubi

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 29, 2017, 03:31:08 pm
Maybe. Of course if he gets eligible at Bama and we didn't offer him with the non existent DT sign we will sign this year. It's going to be brought up

At which point it is up to our "lovely" media members to find out why. And I don't mean suck up Bo

Scott7703

Rumors circulating Bama has moved on due to grades. We shall see

ricepig

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 29, 2017, 03:44:57 pm

Yep, that's what some have alluded to.

hawginbigd1

RD confirmed this to be true.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 29, 2017, 03:46:31 pm
RD confirmed this to be true.

You surely wouldn't mean this staff did its due diligence and spent time and efforts elsewhere, like maybe curl and a few others? 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 29, 2017, 03:47:55 pm
You surely wouldn't mean this staff did its due diligence and spent time and efforts elsewhere, like maybe curl and a few others?
I don't know the young man but somewhat feel for him if he doesn't have real limitations mentally though it's his fault.

That being said, I can't help but laugh at all the morons posting here about the staff not offering him. Problem is they will deny how stupid they are and look.

parallaxpig

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 29, 2017, 03:47:55 pm

No need to throw around wild accusations about our staff knowing what their doing.......
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

LRHawg

Lot of crow to go around, but don't see anyone stepping up to claim it.

Nosboar Accubond

Cant be true...

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: LRHawg on January 29, 2017, 05:25:18 pm
None of them will, doesn't fit their agenda...

Bubba's Bruisers

Worst kept secret this recruiting season.  Along with Calloway to Hogs.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hogeration

The 25 rule was put in place by the SEC after Houston got to Ole Miss and signed 30+.  He would sign and place them into Juco.  I heard Hill say the other night they did this a lot at Arkansas too.  They spent so much time on these kids and had relationships with them.  So they wanted to make sure they got credit for their hard work.  I actually thought it made sense.

Nosboar Accubond

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hawginbigd1

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: LRHawg on January 29, 2017, 05:25:18 pm
Nope. And they won't.

tophawg19

expect him in a Mississippi Juco  close to Bama
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 29, 2017, 06:25:51 pm
Probably EMCC or MGCCC.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Pig in the Pokey

unless you are tennessee or alabama. they get immunity.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 29, 2017, 02:55:50 pm
Bama can afford to take grade risks we ain't in that boat. And all Nick will do is push some kids out if Byers do qualify and they need room. If not ain't no skin off nicks back. HCBB don't process kids like that.
that is totally ass backwards. WE should be the one's taking risks, we have nothing to lose. You just pulled that one out of your arse!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

theshiva

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 29, 2017, 03:55:45 pm
I don't know the young man but somewhat feel for him if he doesn't have real limitations mentally though it's his fault.

That being said, I can't help but laugh at all the morons posting here about the staff not offering him. Problem is they will deny how stupid they are and look.

I wouldn't call other posters morons when an identical situation backfired last year and we would have been in a great position on a 4 star DT if we offered. Same thing could've easily happened here too.

tophawg19

Quote from: Hogfan991 on January 29, 2017, 06:28:00 pm
Probably EMCC or MGCCC.
I fully believe that was why Satan was here . He already knew this kid wouldn't qualify . I'm wondering if IMG Academy might be an option. I'm not sure how those work. This was a kid he wanted bad and at this point has no DT's on his list now. He wasn't here during recruiting time just to be nice . that isn't his MO

hawginbigd1

Quote from: theshiva on January 29, 2017, 06:36:55 pm
I wouldn't call other posters morons when an identical situation backfired last year and we would have been in a great position on a 4 star DT if we offered. Same thing could've easily happened here too.
Doesn't take a scientific rocket to comprehend the staff would know exactly what they are doing in regards to not offering a DT in your own back yard! You then scream and cuss about them not offering, then what are you............just sayin.

RaisinHog

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 29, 2017, 06:25:51 pm

Serious question ... Does bama even mess with JUCO guys I mean I don't recall any going there and I really don't know why they would need them

Edit it appears they do have 1 .. in this class ..

imtad16

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 29, 2017, 06:45:36 pm
Serious question ... Does bama even mess with JUCO guys I mean I don't recall any going there and I really don't know why they would need them

They signed 2 in December. Isaiah Buggs a DE from Mississippi Gulf Coast C.C. and Elliot Baker an OT from the City College of San Francisco.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 29, 2017, 06:45:36 pm

Really? Alabama has signed 38 JC/Prep School recruits from 2002-2016.
Go Hogs Go!

RaisinHog

Thanks .. just knew u didn't never here much about an JUCO guys comeing there and blowing up

RaisinHog

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: theshiva on January 29, 2017, 06:36:55 pm
ah, the mysterious case was mysterious.
@Slackaveli

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 29, 2017, 06:51:53 pm
Thanks .. just knew u didn't never here much about an JUCO guys comeing there and blowing up

Cody...NT? Just a singular and somewhat recent example. There are others better than him and more recent. Check their recruiting classes on 247.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

RaisinHog

tophawg19

seems like the have pulled some good linemen and DB"s from juco. It's still possible to place players in Juco depending on your relationship with the staff there . who wouldn't like to have bama recruits drop in for a couple years

hawginbigd1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 29, 2017, 06:55:08 pm
How so?
Prep schools are like extended high schools, their clocks don't even start, so it's a lot different IMO.

Muskliketusk

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 29, 2017, 06:36:04 pm
that is totally ass backwards. WE should be the one's taking risks, we have nothing to lose. You just pulled that one out of your arse!
yeah a program that needs every body it can get can afford to wait around and hope Byers qualify. Man you a real smart fellar. Coaches should sign you up. Bama just gonna replace him with another 4* or live with the amazing class they already got. We ain't got that luxury genius.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 29, 2017, 07:00:00 pm
Prep schools are like extended high schools, their clocks don't even start, so it's a lot different IMO.

Not to me, most are designed to give a kid an opportunity to get his grades in order so he can move to the next level, that's all. But it is true that the clock doesn't start on eligibility. It's just another way around the system for those without good grades but who have good to superior athletic ability.
Go Hogs Go!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 29, 2017, 07:20:03 pm
Not to me, most are designed to give a kid an opportunity to get his grades in order so he can move to the next level, that's all.
Well you are correct in that regard, but to me a prep guy you are signing a 5 year player, most Jucos are 2 or 3 year players, a big difference in value. Assuming continued improvement Froholdt>Tretola is how I am looking at it.

theshiva

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 29, 2017, 06:43:37 pm
Doesn't take a scientific rocket to comprehend the staff would know exactly what they are doing in regards to not offering a DT in your own back yard! You then scream and cuss about them not offering, then what are you............just sayin.

Except last year we had a blue chipper begging for an Arkansas offer and we waited til the last week and lost him. Risk vs reward.

tophawg19

a IMG would be where i expect Satan to place him. if not then a close Juco where they can monitor him. this is one satan wants . He wasn't here to check grades . He was here to place a player , he doesn't waste recruiting time without gaining something. He isn't just a nice guy

jneal56

I believe our DL coaches son plays on the same team as Byers. Heard that on Bo's show or possibly the morning show with Tyler Wilson. I'm quite certain our current coaching staff knew all they needed to about this young man with inside info like that. I'm not happy with our coaching staff right now but they do a pretty decent job evaluating personality so far that fits our team.
"At least we are moral"

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: theshiva on January 29, 2017, 07:27:33 pm
Except last year we had a blue chipper begging for an Arkansas offer and we waited til the last week and lost him. Risk vs reward.

Geesh. They slow played for a major reason.  I just love all these omniscient recruiting experts this board has. Thanks for all the inside dope.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

PorkRinds

Evidently bama withdrew their offer this week?