Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brad Stewart

Started by CamArk08, January 22, 2017, 07:31:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CamArk08

Any word on if his visit this weekend helped us any? I saw where his cousin plays here to. If we could snag him and Chevin our secondary would be nasty the next 3-4 years.

ADavisTheGOAT

I'm expecting him to pick Florida.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Oklahawg

Seems that UA has made up a ton of ground on Stewart. The family is on board with UA if he so chooses. He has been a FL lean for a while.

We went from not getting a visit to runner-up in a week, though, so who knows.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Bubba's Bruisers

He goes to FL this weekend, correct?  Probably signs with FL.  I think we get Calloway and keep Brown, which will finish off a strong DB class.  Would LOVE to get Stewart too, but at least this time we can truthfully say he was just the extra icing on the cake.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Richard Davenport

Fla. is confident about him. We'll see.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 22, 2017, 09:52:07 pm
Fla. is confident about him. We'll see.

RD what is the max Number we would sign assuming we got the remaining top guys?

Richard Davenport

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 22, 2017, 09:56:18 pm
RD what is the max Number we would sign assuming we got the remaining top guys?

secneahog

Hopefully Arkansas will stay in his mind, when he's in Florida. 

I like our chances with Stewart.  Just seems like we've made up a lot of ground with him.  I know RD has said before,  " just have to get them on campus, you never know after that". 

Could play closer to home and be around his cousin. I know it don't always work that way, but could with him.   
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

jbhogfan4

Trey Biddy was on the Buzz this afternoon and said he really likes Arkansas' chances for Stewart. Even went as far to say as he thinks Stewart wants to be a razorback.

I can't say I'm as confident about that as he is. Especially with him visiting Florida this coming week. Seems they know the right string to pull to steal kids away from us on signing day week (Putu and Cleveland last year)

HOGINTENNESSEE

January 23, 2017, 09:13:45 pm #9 Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 07:50:48 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: jbhogfan4 on January 23, 2017, 08:44:07 pm
Trey Biddy was on the Buzz this afternoon and said he really likes Arkansas' chances for Stewart. Even went as far to say as he thinks Stewart wants to be a razorback.

I can't say I'm as confident about that as he is. Especially with him visiting Florida this coming week. Seems they know the right string to pull to steal kids away from us on signing day week (Putu and Cleveland last year)

This year it could very well be Stewart and Young they get.

hawgfan4life

What was the quote last year?  "FL is the new Ole Miss."  I don't trust any recruits coming to AR over FL in football or basketball.  Remember how the kid from LR was interested in AR after FL coach went to the pros.  People connected were openly recruiting AR to start talking again because he was interested.  He opened his recruiting, AR showed interest, and he was suddenly confident in a coach with less credentials than Anderson.  Was very weird how it all happened.  That was the case with both football players and basketball player.

Oklahawg

Quote from: hawgfan4life on January 23, 2017, 09:30:04 pm
What was the quote last year?  "FL is the new Ole Miss."  I don't trust any recruits coming to AR over FL in football or basketball.  Remember how the kid from LR was interested in AR after FL coach went to the pros.  People connected were openly recruiting AR to start talking again because he was interested.  He opened his recruiting, AR showed interest, and he was suddenly confident in a coach with less credentials than Anderson.  Was very weird how it all happened.  That was the case with both football players and basketball player.

KJ Hill's daddy may know a guy who knows the answer to this. :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Dominicanhog

So coach Smith is doing an in home with the mother and father tonight?  Brad's at TCU.... He'll go down swinging.. gotta like that in a recruiter..

heard they're having him over this week end for dinner, while Brad's at UF...

Bubba's Bruisers

So Stewart's parents are leaning to UA?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 25, 2017, 06:06:33 pm
So coach Smith is doing an in home with the mother and father tonight?  Brad's at TCU.... He'll go down swinging.. gotta like that in a recruiter..

Smith needs to teach Rory something

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Huds_HawgTide

It's time we stick it back to Florida for last year
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

And Texas for calloway
tommy boy

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 25, 2017, 06:54:03 pm
What?

I think he means he wants to get Calloway to stick it to Texas for landing several targets from last year

However not worded well

Huds_HawgTide

Get Texas back by snagging Calloway for sending a top recruit on a visit to recruit for them
tommy boy

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 25, 2017, 06:16:56 pm
So Stewart's parents are leaning to UA?

But.......they'll follow along with their son's wishes........

Pig in the Pokey

I got a feeling a little revenge is in the air with this kid. We are due for a strong finish and that warm arse motivator is in effect with coach b.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 25, 2017, 06:06:33 pm

Did his parents come to his OV here?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2017, 07:06:20 pm
But.......they'll follow along with their son's wishes........

Well, most parents would do that.  And many parents have measurable influence on their kids too.  So maybe we have that going for us.

HOGINTENNESSEE

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 25, 2017, 07:09:18 pm
I got a feeling a little revenge is in the air with this kid. We are due for a strong finish and that warm arse motivator is in effect with coach b.

So you're calling Stewart to UA?

HOGINTENNESSEE

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 25, 2017, 07:52:59 pm
Yes
Interesting that they didn't go to TCU and if the poster above is correct they won't be going to Florida either

ricepig

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on January 25, 2017, 08:10:06 pm
Interesting that they didn't go to TCU and if the poster above is correct they won't be going to Florida either

I believe they are seeing Stewart's parents either tonight, or tomorrow night. The visit on Saturday night is with Calloway, if I remember all the changes correctly, lol.

Cobi Hamilton Fan

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 25, 2017, 08:04:37 pm
He calls everyone to UA.
And if he's wrong you'll never see him post about it again. If he's right he will throw a muscle patting himself on the back and telling everyone on here "I told you so!"

Cobi Hamilton Fan

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2017, 08:21:45 pm
I believe they are seeing Stewart's parents either tonight, or tomorrow night. The visit on Saturday night is with Calloway, if I remember all the changes correctly, lol.
Smith is doing an in home with Stewarts parents tonight.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

We can't even recruit our own backyard why do you guys think we can snag top recruits from more prestigious school's homebases?
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

ricepig

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on January 25, 2017, 08:32:04 pm
We can't even recruit our own backyard why do you guys think we can snag top recruits from more prestigious school's homebases?

Got to try somewhere since we suck so bad here......

ricepig

Florida lost a CB commit, and one of their remaining targets committed to Miami tonight. They'll be full born press on Stewart now.

colbs

Well everyone they offered instate is committed.

greenie

Misses: 1 to Ohio State and 2 to Bama in 5 years
2017 Looking like none (Byers doesn't have an offer)
2016 None
2015 Hill (OSU)
2014 Frazier (Bama)
2013 Tenpenny (Bama)

So in 5 years, we've lost to 2 of the best recruiting programs in the country...and we were in the mix for all three of those guys.  I agree that we have trouble pulling players from within the home territories of elite-recruiting programs (who doesn't), but I see little credibility in the "We can't even recruit our own backyard" statement. 

RaisinHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 25, 2017, 07:09:18 pm
[/quote

Ooo boy ..

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Cobi Hamilton Fan on January 25, 2017, 08:30:00 pm
And if he's wrong you'll never see him post about it again. If he's right he will throw a muscle patting himself on the back and telling everyone on here "I told you so!"

No doubt.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 25, 2017, 08:04:37 pm
He calls everyone to UA.
True. Gruden. DGB. I could go on but I don't want to hit the search button.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: greenie on January 25, 2017, 09:26:52 pm
2016 None
2015 Hill (OSU)
2014 Frazier (Bama)
2013 Tenpenny (Bama)

So in 5 years, we've lost to 2 of the best recruiting programs in the country...and we were in the mix for all three of those guys.  I agree that we have trouble pulling players from within the home territories of elite-recruiting programs (who doesn't), but I see little credibility in the "We can't even recruit our own backyard" statement. 

He was just saying dumbass darn. No need to rebut.
[CENSORED]!

greenie

theshiva

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2017, 08:34:52 pm
Florida lost a CB commit, and one of their remaining targets committed to Miami tonight. They'll be full born press on Stewart now.

Normally I would say this was a bad thing, but Florida's class is getting close to the edge of a cliff. Mac just doesn't seem to be a good recruiter and the worries about his program may be enough to push Stewart to us if he really did love his visit here...

presidenthog

Quote from: theshiva on January 26, 2017, 04:08:30 am
Normally I would say this was a bad thing, but Florida's class is getting close to the edge of a cliff. Mac just doesn't seem to be a good recruiter and the worries about his program may be enough to push Stewart to us if he really did love his visit here...

Look I still have a chapped ass from putu. Who didn't even visit florida.

Now straight up florida might be falling apart and we might be pulling it all together. A vise versa from last year. I'm also still chapped about cleveland as I got to close to that recruiting endeavor. I legit thought he was an elite wr. Still do. I am good with the juco we got this year though instead.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2017, 08:34:52 pm

Bet that press will be full bore as well, haha.... Rice, I'm keeping this Brad Stewart hope alive.. just to see if we'd take 7 DB's  ;D

Actually, he's been a favorite since I saw his tape... go get em Mikey....

King Kong

Because we have in the past? Brian Wallace, Jalen Merrick, Frank Ragnow, Denver Kirkland, Alex Collins, Froholdt, Brandon Martin, Guidry, Patton and Whaley. Heck Curl this year had offers from Texas and OU. Pool in next years class has offers from everyone

theshiva

Quote from: presidenthog on January 26, 2017, 05:26:33 am

Now straight up florida might be falling apart and we might be pulling it all together. A vise versa from last year. I'm also still chapped about cleveland as I got to close to that recruiting endeavor. I legit thought he was an elite wr. Still do. I am good with the juco we got this year though instead.

Oh completely agree. I'm not expecting anything with Stewart. Landing him would just be playing with house money IMO.

Calloway on the other hand I expect to be a hog.

SRV

Quote from: greenie on January 25, 2017, 09:26:52 pm
2016 None
2015 Hill (OSU)
2014 Frazier (Bama)
2013 Tenpenny (Bama)

[/quote

Agreed
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

Redhogs

Quote from: presidenthog on January 26, 2017, 05:26:33 am

Pulled the thoughts right out of my head.  Good post. Just hope recruiting day does not end like last year when we went o fer on signing day commits.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Ramboar

Rumor is a Florida recruit  out of Homestead has video of two UF assistant coaches offering him money. Already been sent to the NCAA. Wheels could be coming off in Gainesville. The high school coaches of the recruit have banned all UF coaches from their school.
I'll be yo Huckleberry