Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn fires Sonny Galloway

Started by ricepig, September 27, 2015, 02:54:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

rhog1

September 27, 2015, 03:58:33 pm #1 Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 10:17:07 pm by rhog1
They have also placed an assistant on administrative leave. Sounds like something big has happened.

ucahogfan

Galloway must have done something very wrong.  He was a home run hire for Auburn and had them on the upswing as a program.  Going to be hard to find a coach of his caliber again.

Kevin

auburn football has cheated for years
bruce pearl, their basketball coach, has cheated for years
and they fire their baseball coach over infractions, wow
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SPAL

I'm really shocked by this on the surface. Something really must have happened to warrant this that we don't know.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: ucahogfan on September 27, 2015, 08:58:34 pm
Galloway must have done something very wrong.  He was a home run hire for Auburn and had them on the upswing as a program.  Going to be hard to find a coach of his caliber again.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 28, 2015, 08:45:01 am
I'm really shocked by this on the surface. Something really must have happened to warrant this that we don't know.

This is not exactly the time of year one normally sees a baseball coach fired is it....
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

rhog1

This is the story going around the Auburn boards from one of their former players.         
                                                                                                                                              Aight. So heres what happened to put the nail in the coffin for CSG. Soctt Duval runs the summer Auburn baseball camp for high school kids. He is in charge of the whole thing. Coach Jenkins was a volunteer to help the camp. On the last day of the camp Sonny went out there told Scott that it was the worst camp that he'd ever seen in his life and that Scott wasn't going to get paid for it. He said the same thing to coach Jenkins. And they never got paid like they were supposed to. A couple weeks later some pitchers were throwing bullpen with coaches, which is a NCAA infraction and some of our pitchers could get ruled ineligible for it. Coach Duval sees this going on and snaps a couple of pictures and videos. He took the pictures to Jacobs. Jacobs called Sonny into his office and asked him if the pitchers were throwing during the summer illegally. Sonny says no then Jacob shows him the videos, catching Sonny in a lie. Duval had been treated as poorly as some of the players and had enough of CSG's bs..

I don't know if it is true or not but this is the rumor. They also say Golloway was a total jerk who their administration had been looking for a reason to fire.

dotnet

If that is really the reason, then wow.  he had to be a major jerk because I can't imagine them hiring someone better. 

rhog1

PorkRyan

Quote from: dotnet on September 28, 2015, 10:28:59 am
If that is really the reason, then wow.  he had to be a major jerk because I can't imagine them hiring someone better. 

He is a jerk, but they had to know that before they hired him.  Seems like a reach to fire him over that. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: dotnet on September 28, 2015, 10:28:59 am

It would also explain why another coach was placed on leave........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GatorHog

"There are good arguments...that he actually has a lifetime contract."  hahahahah

"Sunny Golloway is not only a winner; he is a fighter."  Is that going into the motion for summary judgment?

jry04

Seeing him argue every call in our series was enough for me to know he was a jerk. Made our games last probably 30-45 minutes longer than they needed to because of how many times he stopped play to tall to an umpire. He is definitely a goos coach, though.

bulldog04

Quote from: GatorHog on September 28, 2015, 08:23:27 pm
"There are good arguments...that he actually has a lifetime contract."  hahahahah

"Sunny Golloway is not only a winner; he is a fighter."  Is that going into the motion for summary judgment?
Is HDN the lawyer?

dotnet

that statement from the lawyer was basically a .... you're going to substantially increase that severance offer or this will get really messy for a very long time

dotnet

And I, for one, hope stays committed to their principles

and no, i couldn't say the above line with a straight face

Razorback7281

Sonny's career, and life for that matter, were close to ending when he charged the Hog dugout after Josh Merryman in the 2002 Wichita Regional.  He was talking crap from the coaching box to Merryman.  I think the inning ended on a K and merryman said something to him as he was leaving the field and Galloway ran after him to the dugout, it wouldn't have ended well for him.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Razorback7281 on September 29, 2015, 11:34:29 am
Sonny's career, and life for that matter, were close to ending when he charged the Hog dugout after Josh Merryman in the 2002 Wichita Regional.  He was talking crap from the coaching box to Merryman.  I think the inning ended on a K and merryman said something to him as he was leaving the field and Galloway ran after him to the dugout, it wouldn't have ended well for him.
I feel like I need to see a video of this incident.

dbhog

Quote from: jry04 on September 28, 2015, 08:51:01 pm
Seeing him argue every call in our series was enough for me to know he was a jerk. Made our games last probably 30-45 minutes longer than they needed to because of how many times he stopped play to tall to an umpire. He is definitely a goos coach, though.

Sonny was a jerk at Oklahoma.  That is why they were happy to see him go.

pigture perfect

Another rumor is that he jumped a tabletop while drunk and yelled "Roll Tide".
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: rhog1 on September 28, 2015, 09:15:33 am
This is the story going around the Auburn boards from one of their former players.         
                                                                                                                                              Aight. So heres what happened to put the nail in the coffin for CSG. Soctt Duval runs the summer Auburn baseball camp for high school kids. He is in charge of the whole thing. Coach Jenkins was a volunteer to help the camp. On the last day of the camp Sonny went out there told Scott that it was the worst camp that he'd ever seen in his life and that Scott wasn't going to get paid for it. He said the same thing to coach Jenkins. And they never got paid like they were supposed to. A couple weeks later some pitchers were throwing bullpen with coaches, which is a NCAA infraction and some of our pitchers could get ruled ineligible for it. Coach Duval sees this going on and snaps a couple of pictures and videos. He took the pictures to Jacobs. Jacobs called Sonny into his office and asked him if the pitchers were throwing during the summer illegally. Sonny says no then Jacob shows him the videos, catching Sonny in a lie. Duval had been treated as poorly as some of the players and had enough of CSG's bs..

I don't know if it is true or not but this is the rumor. They also say Golloway was a total jerk who their administration had been looking for a reason to fire.
Jim Traber played for Galloway at Oklahoma State and hates him with a passion.  If Traber has a purpose in life it is to bash Galloway at every opportunity.  He did not give the specific scenario that is outlined above, but he did say that the Auburn admin was sick of Galloway and fired him at the first legitimate opportunity. Galloway has burned bridges and alienated people everywhere he's been.

dbhog

Don't think Golloway ever coached at OSU so I don't think Traber ever played for him.

dallashog83

According to google.com Traber and Galloway both graduated high school in the late 70's.  During the early 80's they were both playing college baseball.   Traber was at OSU and Galloway was at a juco in Miami Oklahoma before transferring to Oklahoma Christian.  If this is true there is no way Galloway could have coached him at Stillwater.

flippinhogmana

October 09, 2015, 02:16:47 pm #24 Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 10:09:25 pm by flippinhogmana
Quote from: dallashog83 on October 08, 2015, 10:31:26 pm
According to google.com Traber and Galloway both graduated high school in the late 70's.  During the early 80's they were both playing college baseball.   Traber was at OSU and Galloway was at a juco in Miami Oklahoma before transferring to Oklahoma Christian.  If this is true there is no way Galloway could have coached him at Stillwater.

I dont know that I am any particular fan of Galloway, but I sure aint of Traber.  The closest that Traber (who also has a loose association with the truth at times) ever came to being associated with Galloway was being in the same city that Galloway grew up in (Stillwater, Oklahoma), which was where Traber played college ball.  To my knowledge, they never played on the same team nor were they ever part of the same organization at any time, high school, college or pro.

That doesnt mean that Galloway may not be a prick, but he does have a record of success at least at both ORU and OU.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

ucahogfan

Aaron Fitt ‏@aaronfitt  · Oct 20 
A lot of signs are pointing to Butch Thompson for the #Auburn job. Process not over yet though.

Thompson is currently the Associate HC at Mississippi State and is typically regarded as one of the elite assistants in college baseball.

BigoBoys

Quote from: rhog1 on September 28, 2015, 09:15:33 am

This could be true.  My Auburn source uses the term "general jerk" overall.  Said that in the last game of the year, might have been against Bama he locked the visitor's bullpen before the game.  Major confrontation with the opposing team, administration doesn't think that presents a good image. 

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net