Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Macy Weaver

Started by flippinhogmana, January 21, 2018, 10:45:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

I saw in her ten minutes (the most she has played) some more encouraging signs.  When you have played all your life up until college against smaller players a lot of times the coaches at lower levels just use your natural superior physical gifts as they are rather than developing you for the next level.  I see a lot of the same in other clips, not just of Macy. 

But since the first game in the season I can see the coaches have been teaching her.  She now turns to shoot and goes straight up, facing up to the basket.  She needs to work on her left hand, on her up and under moves, on pump fakes and a lot of tools of the trade for posting up.  She also needs to work on range, and putting arc on her shots.  But she is a whole lot more energetic running the floor, and she is improving on defense.  She has to learn to want it, and to demand it like Williams does, and she has to be determined to score.  But she is making progress. 

She has good natural reactions on shot blocking and long arms.  If she works her butt off on improving especially her offensive skills, she will be a help next year and beyond. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

jackflash

she going to be very good player at Arkansas