Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brent Vegetables just doesn't excite me

Started by isavedjazz, November 20, 2017, 04:37:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

isavedjazz

Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

ipigsooie

311Hog

What about Mike Narwhal what does he do for ya?

isavedjazz

Quote from: 311Hog on November 20, 2017, 04:41:33 pm
What about Mike Narwhal what does he do for ya?

Yea. Narwhal seems like a better fit. DC's as head coaches usually don't look great. Vegetable might be one dimensional as HC
Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

TX HOG

PorkSoda

personally I think we should write a blank check to Gus Mazatlan
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

grayhawg

He has 2 years less HC experience that Norvell

Boardon Hamsay

This thread will become legend.  I think Brent Vegetables is a good defensive guy but who would he name his OC?  I think we should move towards the Mike Leek style of offense.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

OkieBack

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 20, 2017, 04:38:19 pm
Oh Lord. Get ready.

I get it.  Boring defensive coach.  Another BB all over again, right?  All I can say is go watch 10 minutes of footage from every team, every offensive coordinator who coached side by side with Venables the last 10 years.  I doubt you will find one boring offense. 

No, before you judge Venables, go research all the o-coordinators he coached with and that he could bring to Fayetteville.  I think you will be shocked.

isavedjazz

Quote from: OkieBack on November 20, 2017, 04:55:54 pm
I get it.  Boring defensive coach.  Another BB all over again, right?  All I can say is go watch 10 minutes of footage from every team, every offensive coordinator who coached side by side with Venables the last 10 years.  I doubt you will find one boring offense. 

No, before you judge Venables, go research all the o-coordinators he coached with and that he could bring to Fayetteville.  I think you will be shocked.

I'm not anti-Vegetable at all. Literally any coach moves us in a better direction than we are going now. Just worried he might turn into a Muschamp/Strong situation with no offense.

But like I said literally any coach is an improvement.

How old are you? Sometimes that's an issue. If you get too excited at a Norvell game that lasts more than 4 hours, you may want to consult a doctor.

kinghog

Venables makes more sense than anyone else in my opinion.  How many coordinators have coached under Snyder, Stoops, and Sweeney and have coached in 5 national championship games.  I would take notice if I was Saban, Malzahn or Muschamp when the coach across from you has beaten  their schools at least once or twice in the past two years or several years in a row...

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

d3maybe

I keep reading post after post where people are saying... I don't care who it is... just win.. well, over the last 9 to 12 years... DEFENSE...is what has won the most... Pair these great defensive guys with great OC's and then maybe we could compete for a SEC Championship... What offensive guru that doesn't play much defense has won it all the past 10 years???

2016   Clemson - Clemson 8th, Bama 1st   
2015   Alabama -  Bama ranked 3rd, Clemson ranked 10   
2014   Ohio State   - OSU ranked 19
2013   Florida State - FSU 3rd Auburn 87th...Auburn got beat.
2012   Alabama - Bama 1st, Notre Dame 7th
2011   Alabama - Bama 1st, LSU 2nd
2010   Auburn - Auburn 60, Oregon 34 - The only anomoly   
2009   Alabama - Bama 2nd, Tejas 3rd
2008   Florida - UF 7th

Stats don't go back this far... but I think the point is pretty clear...    

2007   Louisiana State
2006   Florida   

Defense WINS!!!! Championships.

So I'm not sure what about good defense and championships doesn't excite you...

d3maybe

Leaches offense is leading the country in passing this year and its not even close... Are they in the hunt for a natty? Is Petrino with a Heisman QB, is Norvell with the 8th ranked offense in the country? No...exciting to watch yes...

But the teams that are...

Alabama #1 ranked defense this year.
Wisconsin #2
Georgia #5
Clemson #7
Ohio State #8
Auburn #10

Again... evidence is pretty darn clear. If the Hogs ever want to win the SEC and have a sniff at the playoffs there HAS to be great defense. IF the Hogs can get that AND an exciting offensive Guru...then awesome... but it has to start with defense.

OkieBack

Quote from: Karma on November 20, 2017, 05:03:47 pm
How old are you? Sometimes that's an issue. If you get too excited at a Norvell game that lasts more than 4 hours, you may want to consult a doctor.

Lol.  I'm 87.  But I tell you what ya young wimper snapper, you can get an up close and personal look this Friday at Razorback Stadium at one potential OC that a Venable team could employ.  Mizzou has spanked the last few teams they have played and they are exciting.  Just hope they don't put it on the Hogs too badly this week.

I'll be watching the Hogs play Mizzou from my rocking chair while I'm drinking my Ovaltine.  Hope I don't get a heart attack watching it, cuz you know us old timers...we can't handle them fast paced offenses.  Lol

Matt Burks

Quote from: isavedjazz on November 20, 2017, 04:37:22 pm
Is it just me?
Depends on the vegetable. Is he bringing cauliflower, green beans, some rare high quality tomatoes? Or is it just eggplant?

PorkSoda

some of yall need to get with program, this thread is about fine coaching cuisine.

For one, I think Coach Oregano is going to add a lot of flavor to the SEC line up.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.