Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU and Auburn fans on the rampage

Started by Piglet, January 01, 2018, 05:38:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piglet

January 01, 2018, 05:38:51 pm Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 05:50:46 pm by Piglet
I have been reading the LSU and Auburn fan rants on their Hogville equivalents.  For some reason their suffering makes me feel better.   Help me out here, is that wrong?
Treasure your ignorance.  Once it is lost you can never get it back.

kp72204

Quote from: Piglet on January 01, 2018, 05:38:51 pm
I have been reading the LSU and Auburn fan rants on their Hogville equivalents.  For some reason their suffering makes me feel better.   Is that wrong?
It will only be wrong if you didn't enjoy it.

1highhog

Don't tell me that the tiger fans are regretting paying Malzahn all that money, surely you jest!

LRRandy

I have been reading the LSU and Auburn fan rants on their Hogville equivalents.  For some reason their suffering makes me feel better.   Is that wrong?
nio. That is the fun part of message boards. Sure we want info about our teams but the fun part is stirring things up and the back and forth friendly (?) banter.
This is fun, isn't it.

TNRazorbacker

Auburn gave a raise and a contract extension to a coach they were ready to fire just a few weeks prior. The true asininery of that is bound to sink in sooner or later. 

LawyerHog50

How about a link to.a good auburn board meltdown?
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

john

I was passionately cheering for Notre Dame & UCF today. Batting 1000 feels good

GoHogzzGo

I can't say much since we didn't even make a bowl but the meltdown is pretty epic. Very fun.

As everyone has pointed out, gotta love Auburn giving ole dip stick a huge raise for him only to show how average he truly is. Pure awesome.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

bkjbearcat

Auburn looked slow against 2's and 3's. Don't tell me this conference can't be had. Watching the GA/OK game same thing. GA defense looks slow out there.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

GoldCoastHog

Quote from: john on January 01, 2018, 05:45:11 pm
Amen

1highhog

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 01, 2018, 05:48:03 pm
Auburn looked slow against 2's and 3's. Don't tell me this conference can't be had. Watching the GA/OK game same thing. GA defense looks slow out there.

You're right.  Georgia looks terribly slow compared to Oklahoma.  With some new blood coming in here to Jumpstart our team and a few recruiting classes I'm hopeful of what Morris will be able to do, I'm not saying he's going to come in and win the conference,  just be competitive dang it. 

And yes, Auburn fans got suckered by their school biting hard on the bile that Sexton was throwing out there and now they've been had.  They are stuck with Malzahn for a long time.

Bkhardicars

I went over to the auburn board and they had a thread about Brett B breaking our bank with his 15m buyout..They were having quite a fun time with their puns..Then one of their own piped up about the money they've paid for Gus..That kind ls shut the thread down..

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 01, 2018, 05:48:03 pm

OU's speed is killing GA.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: 1highhog on January 01, 2018, 05:55:21 pm
You're right.  Georgia looks terribly slow compared to Oklahoma.  With some new blood coming in here to Jumpstart our team and a few recruiting classes I'm hopeful of what Morris will be able to do, I'm not saying he's going to come in and win the conference,  just be competitive dang it. 

And yes, Auburn fans got suckered by their school biting hard on the bile that Sexton was throwing out there and now they've been had.  They are stuck with Malzahn for a long time.

AU does not have a donor out there that will pony up $50 million to get rid of him.  They're stuck with him now.  Like it or not!
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

PigTimePlayer

Taking joy in the misery of other teams is part of being a college football fan...what is the best Auburn board to revel in some Tiger-Eagle despair?
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

Dirty

Inhogswetrust

I have been reading the LSU and Auburn fan rants on their Hogville equivalents.  For some reason their suffering makes me feel better.   Help me out here, is that wrong?

Not only not wrong but a viable reason to rejoice!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Bkhardicars

I like Ed O and was pulling for LSU. Still a little bit miffed at Gus for leading so many of his friends here in NW  AR to believe he was wanting to come home. Hope he burns on the hot seat..He will get fired at about the time OLE MISS hires their next coach...

Hugo Bezdek

The way I see it, they're not gaining any further ground on us by losing. I have mixed feelings about OU because they recruit the same territory we're focusing on, but they're showing that's a winning strategy.

RaisinHog

Quote from: john on January 01, 2018, 05:45:11 pm

I will never chear for notre damn ... Ever never ever not even a lil bit ..

Hog N Bama

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on January 01, 2018, 05:46:40 pm
I can't say much since we didn't even make a bowl but the meltdown is pretty epic. Very fun.

As everyone has pointed out, gotta love Auburn giving ole dip stick a huge raise for him only to show how average he truly is. Pure awesome.
Priceless and borderline erotic  ;D

Hog N Bama

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 01, 2018, 06:09:15 pm
I will never chear for notre damn ... Ever never ever not even a lil bit ..
Me either and I didn't have to cause I didn't watch but happy LSU lost! Oh Tigerbait!!! Where are you hehe

Fear the Tusk

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on January 01, 2018, 05:44:34 pm
How about a link to.a good auburn board meltdown?

You'll enjoy this rant.  Here's the money quote:
"We just paid 49 million guaranteed for a Chevy Lumina."

https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/160871-auburn-just-broke-a-huge-mirror/
If you think you are beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you'd like to win, but think you can't
it's almost a cinch, you won't.
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man.
But soon or late the man who wins is the one who thinks he can.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

26.2Hog

Aubbie fans ranting against St. Gus?

Aw, that brings a tear to my glass eye.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Fear the Tusk on January 01, 2018, 06:38:38 pm

I so want to believe it's because we trolled them during the coaching search.  Probably not, but I like to pretend.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

oldbooniehog

I hope they both get 3-year bowl bans, scholarship reductions and a bad case of crab lice.

Dwight_K_Shrute

There are many articles about Coach O and Matt Canada and how it was a bad combination from the start.  Basically O saw the ppg Canada was putting up at Wisconsin but didn't study Canada enough to know if he would be a good fit with him personally or with what O wanted to do on offense.  The final gist of the article was that O shouldn't be an HC because he doesn't have the brainpower to analyze the details like this.

Les Miles was a good coach.  Guy could recruit, and put a team together.  He may have had issues with clock management, lost a game here or there that he shouldn't but overall ran a successful program for 10 years.  He was on the backside of his career arc and more than likely should have been replaced.  But you don't replace Les with Coach O.  Last year's and this year's teams were basically Les Miles.  When O is responsible for the entire makeup of the team and the emotion of have Uncle O as coach wears off I see them sliding back to the DiNardo line.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

SouthFloridaHog

GA looks lije a different team in 2nd half
Is it duck season?

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Hogman2

HamboFirstBlood

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Fear the Tusk on January 01, 2018, 06:38:38 pm

I liked the response to that post:  "That's a (sic) unnecessary shot at Luminas."
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

SouthFloridaHog

Well GA defense just set up tge go ahead score
Is it duck season?

Ragnar Hogbrok

Glad we aren't passengers on this thing.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

longtimeHogfan

Can't/won't ever root for the golden doomers of Notre Darn but I absolutely love me some UCF!  St Gus and  the barners went down and they're stuck with Gussy and his beautiful contract.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on January 01, 2018, 05:43:56 pm
Auburn gave a raise and a contract extension to a coach they were ready to fire just a few weeks prior. The true asininery of that is bound to sink in sooner or later.

I don't think 'asininery' is a word, but I believe you are right. They are sick about it surely..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

SooieGeneris

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on January 01, 2018, 05:46:40 pm

Since the "dog crap" comment after the first game vs UGA, St. Gus the Pius is 2-2 with one of the wins coming against some directional school (and yes a great win vs 'Bama) and losses to UGA and UCF while Kirby Smart is 3-0 with wins over GT, Aubarn and OU.

And that UGA defense didn't look too slow in that 2nd half tonight, did they? They held OU to 150 or so yards and 7 points in the 2nd half with the other points coming on the fumble return and the FG in the 1st OT.

The OU offense had 31 in the 1st half, 10 after that in 30 minutes of play, and 2 OT periods. If the UGA defense is "slow" I'll take that slow defense any time..

Alabama.com made the comment that UCF coaches were doing double duty there and Nebraska during the break and asked "what were the Auburn coaches doing, counting their money?"

SooieGeneris

Their suffering is nothing compared to ours the last 6 years, so no. Cajun Ed sat on two time outs as ND mounted their game winning drive, leaving very little time for the LSU offense to respond.

The Corndog fans complained about Miles' clock management for years, even Less Miles knows not to save your TOs until it's too late to use them. That guy makes Miles look like he knew what he was doing.. gives us hope that he can screw up the Corndogs like the coaches pre-Saban.

Bash

The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

HamboFirstBlood

Quote from: Bash on January 01, 2018, 09:03:39 pm
It's not, but it should be.

Matter of fact, it's because of asininery that it isn't.

hoghevn

My favorite quote of the article:

Maybe we shouldn't be surprised by this latest postseason meltdown by the Tigers. It's become a disturbing habit. Malzahn is now 1-4 in bowl games as the Auburn head coach. He's 0-4 in January bowl games, 0-2 in New Year's Six Bowls and 0-1 in the National Championship Game.

Think about that record for a second. Auburn just made Malzahn one of the highest-paid coaches in the nation, and he's yet to win a bowl game other than the Birmingham Bowl.
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

jgphillips3

The door is open for us to make a move.  It won't happen quickly, but if CCM starts getting his players and building this thing, we can be competitive again.  3 years from now we may be back in the discussion. 

micali

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on January 01, 2018, 05:43:56 pm

Oh man. I'm going to put that one in the old memory bank and use it!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: SouthFloridaHog on January 01, 2018, 06:52:03 pm
GA looks lije a different team in 2nd half

That's because they knew they were in a marathon instead of a sprint.

Hoggish1

It is not wrong to hate our opponents.  Carry on.