Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like Lashlee is moving on from Aubbie

Started by ricepig, January 11, 2017, 08:48:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

UConn? Wth? I guess that means he was being asked to leave?

WilsonHog

a0ashle

He has to get out from under Gus to prove himself.

The question to me now is who will do the play calling at auburn since ole' Gus gave that up.

h0gfan6

With no inside knowledge, I'd presume this is similar to Paul Petrino taking the Illinois OC job.  If it's generally known that the HC has a large share of the playcalling duties, sometimes a seemingly lateral (or step down) move will give the OC the opportunity to gain more experience/respect.

ChicoHog

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 11, 2017, 08:49:55 pm
That's a damn curious career move.
No kidding!  First Randy Edsall coming back to UConn and now Lashlee going there as OC?   Very strange indeed in Storrs. 

a0ashle

Quote from: LZH on January 11, 2017, 08:49:01 pm
UConn? Wth? I guess that means he was being asked to leave?

He took over playcalling and they had their turnaround. Is gus gonna give another OC the reigns?

HogCzar1

factchecker

hmmm....

Maybe Rhett is wanting to develop his own resume so he can move to HC soon.

Next Razorback coach if/when/however Bielema leaves?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

I believe the turnaround had more to do with White getting healthy there for a while and actually learning his job a bit.  Remember, he stunk up the place early on.  Then played pretty good and then got hurt.  On his best day, he is not the answer.

Bet Lashlee wanted to spread his wings a bit to better himself for a HC job at some point.
Now we will see who gets the keys to the 10 year old ford compact and turns it into the sleek Lexus it could be with a QB on hand.

IMABIELEMA

Lashlee was pushed out.  Look for younger Briles to take the job. 

jgphillips3

Rats will bail on a sinking ship.  I think the first one just hit the water.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: IMABIELEMA on January 11, 2017, 09:14:33 pm

Kiffin will be pissed then

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: factchecker on January 11, 2017, 09:16:39 pm
https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/819381595706691584

By publicly saying he was turning the play calling over to Lashlee, Gus has his scapegoat
When his seat starting getting warm.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

onebadrubi

Quote from: factchecker on January 11, 2017, 09:04:46 pm
hmmm....

I sure as heck hope not

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Porked Tongue

When it comes to behavior, Lashlee is a mini-version of BP. 

And dude likes to brag. That's not a good thing as a coach or in your love life.

Hogarusa

Younger Briles that just became Lane's OC at Fl Atlantic?
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Porked Tongue

IMABIELEMA

IMABIELEMA

factchecker

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 11, 2017, 09:24:09 pm
When it comes to behavior, Lashlee is a mini-version of BP. 

And dude likes to brag. That's not a good thing as a coach or in your love life.

I didn't know that.  I never really paid attention to Rhett.... just threw it out there b/c some hogvillians want an "Arkansas Boy" as coach.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawginbigd1

Lashlee was pushed out because of their horrible QB play the last 2 seasons, somebody had to go from the head of the offense! That is one of 2 people.

onebadrubi

Gus's idea of a QB is the best athlete on the field, nick marshal types.

Sed76

Don't both Gus and Rhett basically call the same 3 plays over and over again? The play calling looked exactly the same even after Gus supposedly turned it over.

Calling All Hogs

if anyone asks between now and signing day, Rhett left and took a pay cut because the NCAA is about to come down hard on Auburn with massive sanctions.

AirWarren

Quote from: factchecker on January 11, 2017, 09:04:46 pm
hmmm....

One of northwest Arkansas' golden children. Sounds like a dream in the making for the hill folk.

Hogs958

January 11, 2017, 10:15:45 pm #32 Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:29:03 pm by Hogs958
This is Gus' free pass. Gus has failed at recruiting a QB, and this is his one get out of jail free card.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

factchecker

Quote from: AP85 on January 11, 2017, 10:05:04 pm
One of northwest Arkansas' golden children. Sounds like a dream in the making for the hill folk.

Stick to walking the sideline of Warren with your high school letterman jacket dreaming of one day making it big.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Tusks

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on January 11, 2017, 09:46:39 pm
if anyone asks between now and signing day, Rhett left and took a pay cut because the NCAA is about to come down hard on Auburn with massive sanctions.

If the NCAA didn't do anything over Cam then they're not doing anything about an 8-4 team.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Bigmac2

Could it be he is trying to get out of a non SEC clause. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at a different SEC school as an OC in a couple of years. I believe there is a plan in place already and this is part of the plan.
Guys I'm no conspiracy theorist but just think about it. Could there be something cooking if BB drops back 6 or 7 wins again for the next couple of years. Could Gus be a part of that plan. This is looking a bit fishy.

factchecker

Quote from: Bigmac2 on January 11, 2017, 10:33:23 pm
Could it be he is trying to get out of a non SEC clause. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at a different SEC school as an OC in a couple of years. I believe there is a plan in place already and this is part of the plan.
Guys I'm no conspiracy theorist but just think about it. Could there be something cooking if BB drops back 6 or 7 wins again for the next couple of years. Could Gus be a part of that plan. This is looking a bit fishy.

The Lou Holtz plan....  go to Minnesota until the Notre Dame job opens up.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

onebadrubi

Lol no. 

Rzbakfromwaybak

Gus doesn't need an OC.  Just needs an assistant beside him keeping him stocked up with chewing gum.... :)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

IMABIELEMA

Big Mac , is this you?

AirWarren

Quote from: factchecker on January 11, 2017, 10:29:06 pm
Stick to walking the sideline of Warren with your high school letterman jacket dreaming of one day making it big.

Swing. Miss.

Beardog

Lashlee is a good Coach trapped in a tough situation. Gust stayed loyal to his QB from Shiloh and Rhett probably wanted to prove himself somewhere else. There's former Auburn connections up there and the offense he has now has pretty much peaked.

Since UCONN won't affect us in any way, I hope he succeeds on his own. He's relaxed and basically the polar opposite demeanor of Gus. Absolutely not a mini BP.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Beardog on January 11, 2017, 11:01:22 pm
Lashlee is a good Coach trapped in a tough situation. Gust stayed loyal to his QB from Shiloh and Rhett probably wanted to prove himself somewhere else. There's former Auburn connections up there and the offense he has now has pretty much peaked.

Since UCONN won't affect us in any way, I hope he succeeds on his own. He's relaxed and basically the polar opposite demeanor of Gus. Absolutely not a mini BP.

Hey Rhett.. :D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawganatic

Quote from: Hogs958 on January 11, 2017, 10:15:45 pm
This is Gus' free pass. Gus has failed at recruiting a QB, and this is his one get out of jail free card.

He has the former Baylor QB on campus that is suppose to be pretty salty.  Can run and throw.

Could be a bad thing for us if Aub gets a good OC/QB coach that actually knows how to develop a passing game.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Beardog on January 11, 2017, 11:01:22 pm

Lol what a first post on here. 

hobhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 11, 2017, 11:26:56 pm
Lol what a first post on here.

Better than most first posts actually.

Still a strange move. Gus bus seems to be leaking oil.....

NuttinItUp

Like other said, he probably wants to get out from under the wings of Gus to show he can do it on his own.

If he is successful, head coaching opportunities will open up. If he is unsuccessful, he will go back to being a position coach.