Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was Firing Jeff Long

Started by Captain Hogthrob, November 18, 2017, 05:24:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Hogthrob

quid pro quo for the big donors who are going to be on the hook for the CBB buyout and the cost of new coaches ? Was it the cost of making a coaching  change? If the buyout is 15 million, or even 5 for that matter, and Long is owed 4.5 then someone is going to need to pony up big time. I've read here that he had alienated some important people by how he ran things. I'm not implying it was a vendetta or anything  but i can see how someone would want some real input for that kind of money.  It seems JL didn't include that many people in his desision making. Serious questions for those who know how the money works..

I'll hang up and listen.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

ricepig

Quote from: Captain Hogthrob on November 18, 2017, 05:24:55 pm
quid pro quo for the big donors who are going to be on the hook for the CBB buyout and the cost of new coaches ? Was it the cost of making a coaching  change? If the buyout is 15 million, or even 5 for that matter, and Long is owed 4.5 then someone is going to need to pony up big time. I've read here that he had alienated some important people by how he ran things. I'm not implying it was a vendetta or anything  but i can see how someone would want some real input for that kind of money.  It seems JL didn't include that many people in his desision making. Serious questions for those who know how the money works..

I'll hang up and listen.

RF assets were $74.4m at the end of the last fiscal year. Now, it's not all cash, so while they wouldn't theoretically have to have the money, they accept all donations. In other words, yeah they expect some skin in the game for providing the big checks.

Captain Hogthrob

Thanks ricepig for the clarification.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson