Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worst 6 year span: 1992-97 or 2012-17?

Started by Sweet Feet, November 18, 2017, 03:28:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Feet

Which 6 year span was the worst in Razorback football?

hoginator

Both have their pluses and more than fair share of minuses. Ford's best year outweighs anything done recently. This recent span is the worst...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

HiggiePiggy

How many times did we go 0 for the conference? How many times did we lose to Mississippi State at home during that stretch? 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

SPAL

The Pulse

at least the team that was left over for 98 was SEC level.

HiggiePiggy

i would say now.  We were fresh in the SEC. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HogAlum99

Now is far worse. The first half of the 90s were rough, but you usually could see the talent level improving slightly. Now is just pure regression!!!

jgphillips3

The first span was after we moved into the SEC, lost our Texas recruiting ground when the whole State turned against us for abandoning the All Texas conference and we were learning the SEC ropes with diminished talent.  This is by far worse because we have decent talent and we have been competitive in the past decade plus before this.

RockyMtnHog

I would say now is worse because we do not know when it is going to end.  It could be just as bad or worse next year.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Hollywood870

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

woodhog14

Quote from: Sweet Feet on November 18, 2017, 03:28:54 pm
Which 6 year span was the worst in Razorback football?
At least in 1992-97 we won a SECW Divison Championship and played in the SECCG.

2012-2017 is by far the worst because we were blown out more than in 1992-97.

woodhog14

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 18, 2017, 04:21:54 pm
92-97 for sure
How???? We never went 0-8 in SEC play and won the division one of those years.

In this span we are going to have an 0-8 SEC season and a 1-7 SEC season. Never had either one of those in 1992-97.
Also, this year we have set a school record for losing 5 conference games by 21 points or more.

goodguytex

We had more losing seasons back then if I'm remembering right. But we did play in a conference title game too. I haven't added up overall wins and losses then vs now. But we did make it to 3 consecutive bowl games from 2014-16. We didn't do that at any time during the Ford years.

cjack

Bielema's coaching career is the worst in our history.  92 - 97 isn't even close to this level of incompetence
Woooo Pig Soooie!

East Clintwood

This is by far the worst.

I was pretty much medicated for the entire '90's stretch.

I've been mostly sober throughout Bert's reign of terror.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Boardon Hamsay

I never was a big fan of the pre-Bezdek, 1902-1907 seasons.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.