Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's ya'lls opinion on this???

Started by hawgfan_18, March 07, 2014, 03:40:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ArchitectHog

Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

cosmodrum

Quote from: ArchitectHog on March 07, 2014, 03:50:18 pm
Black panthers, obviously.

That Eldridge Cleaver is a real pain in the ass.
Go away, batin'

95_alum

JIMMY BOARFFETT

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Rzbakfromwaybak

You would think there would have been some footprints in the snow... if it was a fairly large/heavy animal. Mountain lion or a bear is going to weight more than a 100lbs, should be some kind of prints visible. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on March 07, 2014, 04:39:05 pm

Looks like natural causes to me.

Lol....yeah, probably didn't have a thing to do with those 3 bullet holes....

root_hawg

JIMMY BOARFFETT

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on March 07, 2014, 07:31:16 pm
That is awesome! +1

I had to search way back in the memory bank for that one, haha!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

hawgfan_18

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on March 07, 2014, 06:38:38 pm
You would think there would have been some footprints in the snow... if it was a fairly large/heavy animal. Mountain lion or a bear is going to weight more than a 100lbs, should be some kind of prints visible. 
you would think so.  But that's pretty much solid sleet that has melted and refrozen.  I live about 15 miles from Pocahontas. In walnut ridge. 

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: hawgfan_18 on March 08, 2014, 04:36:00 pm

you would think so.  But that's pretty much solid sleet that has melted and refrozen.  I live about 15 miles from Pocahontas. In walnut ridge.

Yeah, good point.  Certainly hasn't been the.. snow/sleet one day & melt away the next... winter. Many areas really got hammered this year.   Hopefully this is coming to an end soon.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on March 07, 2014, 06:38:38 pm

There were prints.  See the second photo.

Probably more than one coyote.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Wayne Watson on March 09, 2014, 02:17:11 pm

There were prints.  See the second photo.

Probably more than one coyote.

Yep, originally didn't notice the smaller second photo, thought it was another "ad".  Looks a bit large for a coyote track, but who knows, can't see enough detail.  Evidently, the Wildlife officers that examined the scene must not have been sure.

Bet if the "Finding Bigfoot" crew would have showed up to check this out before anybody else got there.....might be a little different slant on this story.  Probably could have stretched out this "investigation"..... for at least 2 episodes. 

PonderinHog

Looks like a Beggin Strips deal gone bad.

HogBreath

I would be surprised if this was the work of coyotes....could be wrong, certainly no expert.  I've had dogs and coyotes fight on a few occasions, and the dogs always fared very well.

Wonder if this could possibly have been a wolf that roamed down from one of the northern states.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

CPO Hog

I bet if people in that area keep their eyes open they will see 3 or 4 large dogs running together. Coyotes avoid fights with anything that can hurt them. Risk vs reward isn't worth if for them and they know it. Large cat would have left puncture wounds on the labs neck. Now the Moth Man on the other hand could have flown in, made the kill and then flew off without leaving tracks...

hawgfan_18

CPO hog. I Think those are the two most likely scenarios.   

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: CPO Hog on March 10, 2014, 01:58:51 pm

I bet if people in that area keep their eyes open they will see 3 or 4 large dogs running together. Coyotes avoid fights with anything that can hurt them. Risk vs reward isn't worth if for them and they know it. Large cat would have left puncture wounds on the labs neck. Now the Moth Man on the other hand could have flown in, made the kill and then flew off without leaving tracks...

Agree .... dogs would be my guess.... & if so, they are likely to do something like this again.   Way too aggressive to be running loose.

DeltaBoy

BOBCAT,PANTHER,Small bear. Pack of feral dogs.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.