Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rogers Cabela's

Started by AcornHunter, March 04, 2014, 03:56:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AcornHunter

Have you been?  How is it?  The only one I've been to is the one in Fort Worth.  I enjoyed that visit.  That was a few years ago.

We, the family, are planning to be in Fayetteville this weekend.  There is time on the schedule to be killed.  I have Cabela's in mind as the killer.  I would buy:  20 ga. 2 3\4" buck shot, 22 WMR rounds, 410 ga. 7 1\2 shot, and possibly some reloading supplies, if they have them.  Is it worth the drive from Fayetteville to Rogers?

I'm also thinking about the diamond Hogs, but must check their schedule for Saturday and Sunday.  Reckon what tickets would run for a down south, flat-lander, country boy?

Thank you.

jim shell

you will not be sorry....I love the store...could spend $50,000.00 there..(if I had it)

JaketheSnake

They are very overpriced.  Find a local to deal with.

kodiakisland

The store in Rogers is nice, but it isn't anywhere as nice as the one in Ft. Worth.  It has as much stuff to buy but doesn't have all the displays that the Ft Worth store has.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

widespreadsooie

Quote from: AcornHunter on March 04, 2014, 03:56:26 pm
Have you been?  How is it?  The only one I've been to is the one in Fort Worth.  I enjoyed that visit.  That was a few years ago.

We, the family, are planning to be in Fayetteville this weekend.  There is time on the schedule to be killed.  I have Cabela's in mind as the killer.  I would buy:  20 ga. 2 3\4" buck shot, 22 WMR rounds, 410 ga. 7 1\2 shot, and possibly some reloading supplies, if they have them.  Is it worth the drive from Fayetteville to Rogers?

I'm also thinking about the diamond Hogs, but must check their schedule for Saturday and Sunday.  Reckon what tickets would run for a down south, flat-lander, country boy?

Thank you.

The drive is only about 15 minutes so it's definitely worth to check out, there's also a lot of great places to eat around the store so it would be a good way to kill 2-3 hours.

jacobp

diamond Hogs will be in California this week, so you can rule that out.

95_alum

Might want to stop by Academy (one exit south of Cabela's, #81) to check out their ammo selection. 
When I was looking for buckshot for my wife's rig, I looked at that the Herter's brand at Cabela's. Come to find out that the Herter's 2 3/4" hulls extend an extra 1/8" to allow for the plastic cap as the hulls are not crimped. Academy had Federal shells that were crimped at 2 3/4".
That extra 1/8" will reduce your mag capacity by one round. Something to consider, or not.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: 95_alum on March 07, 2014, 10:38:22 am
Might want to stop by Academy (one exit south of Cabela's, #81) to check out their ammo selection. 
When I was looking for buckshot for my wife's rig, I looked at that the Herter's brand at Cabela's. Come to find out that the Herter's 2 3/4" hulls extend an extra 1/8" to allow for the plastic cap as the hulls are not crimped. Academy had Federal shells that were crimped at 2 3/4".
That extra 1/8" will reduce your mag capacity by one round. Something to consider, or not.

This is a good idea.  I bought a coat at Academy because the same coat at Cabela's was almost twice the price.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

colt-45

It's worth a visit IMO. Prices are in line with Bass Pro stores. If you've bene to the Cabelas in Fort Worth you already know that.

I like that Cabelas has events for kids plenty of times throughout the year. They had a petting zoo out there once last summer in the parking lot that my little boy really enjoyed. They have a big buck contest for both adults and youths. They also do some classes throughout the year and have celebrity hunter types there sometimes. It's a cool thing to have in the area but if your just looking to score a deal then there are cheaper places.

jkstock04

They are a little overpriced...but the thing about it is if you want it they have it, and it's all high quality stuff. Also to boot on a scale of 1-10 their customer service is a 10, & if it says cabelas on it...it pretty much has a lifetime warranty. That's been my experience...& for outdoors stuff I can't say that for anywhere else I've ever been.

I used to make a special trip to KC every year just to go to Cabelas...now I don't have to do that which is nice.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

AcornHunter

Again, I give a big thanks for all the good info.

We went up Saturday morning and returned home Monday afternoon.  The Cabela's visit was especially enjoyable even though they didn't have everything on my shopping list; the 22 WMR ammo is extremely scarce, it seems.

I did get buck shot, but nearly missed out on it.  I visited in the checkout line (Help Meet had selected some spices) with a man who was loading up on 308 ammo, $800 plus.  I mentioned that Cabela's didn't have the buck shot.  He told me that they did, he had shortly ago looked at it.  I told him that a strore employee had helped me look and had said that they were sold out.  Anyway, his son, a very helpful young teenager, took me over and showed it to me.  It was in an area away from the popular brands.

It's a brand with which I am unfamiliar, RIO.  I'm thinking that it might be out of Mexico or Spain though the box mentions a place in Tennessee.  It'll probably do to kill chicken-killin dogs; we have free-ranging chickens.

I mentioned ammo-hoarding to the Cabela's employee, and he said that it goes on:  he will stock the shelves with popular ammo and a short time later it will all be gone.  The 800 dollar plus purchase of the 308 ammo supports this.  But, thinking about it, he might not know because he didn't know that there was 20 gauge buck shot on his shelves.

Have fun.

Kodiak

Cabelas is my drug of choice.
Followed by Acadamy.  :)
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

"Boar"

You might want to be there early this Saturday.  Insane prices on a huge shipment for the bargain cave...just what I heard from the little birdie.  Pig Souiee.