Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Johnny Jones

Started by Rock City Razorback, March 07, 2017, 04:35:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 09, 2017, 11:22:47 am
What about from 1975 to 1984?  Did LSU sign the equivalent talent of Delph, Brewer, Moncrief, Hastings, Walker, Robertson and Kleine?  All except Delph had very good NBA careers and Delph would have if the 3 point line had been in play back then.  You said "ever."  That's simply not correct.  And it's certainly arguable whether LSU signed as good a talent as Nolan did from 1987-1995.  Other than Shaq, who really stands out from LSU during that era?

Finally, part of your argument seems to be based on talent that's from Louisiana and another part is based on players that LSU has signed.  Those are two very different things. 

Ka-POW!!

It's based on BOTH instate and traditional results. You basically limit LSU to the state of Louisiana when it's more like parts of Miss and over to Houston as well.

My daddy can whip your daddy!

What do 40 year old results have to do with how things are structured today? The last 2 decades are irrelevant because in 1957 things weren't what they are today?

Ka-pow?

More like Ka-plop. :-[

East TN HAWG

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 09, 2017, 09:38:22 am
As teams keep getting these huge payouts from the television contracts and the SEC, they will invest that money in basketball. You've seen Auburn and Ole Miss upgrade their basketball arenas. Alabama and LSU I bet are not far behind.

Athletics is a business.  SEC schools are making a lot of money.  They can only grow the football brand so far.  Like a good company, SEC teams will reach out into untapped markets.  Basketball and baseball our potential revenue generating markets.  The SEC has the resources to improve these sports.   

I believe we are the key to make it happen is us.  If we evaluate our game to where it should be, the rest of the SEC will take off.  The SEC needs the AR vs KY rivalry. 

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 09, 2017, 11:36:12 am
It's based on BOTH instate and traditional results. You basically limit LSU to the state of Louisiana when it's more like parts of Miss and over to Houston as well.

My daddy can whip your daddy!

What do 40 year old results have to do with how things are structured today? The last 2 decades are irrelevant because in 1957 things weren't what they are today?

Ka-pow?

More like Ka-plop. :-[

"ever":  at all times; always.

The last 2 decades aren't irrelevant, but neither are the two decades prior to those if you are saying "ever."  Which you were.

And if you are going to stretch LSU into the Houston area and into Mississippi, we should include all of Arkansas, southern Missouri and eastern Oklahoma (i.e., Tulsa and surrounding areas) for us.  But again, I think you're modifying your argument now. 

And leave my dad out of it.  He's busy telling your dad what to do today.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I thought he had officially been fired.  Reading some tweets that sound like while it probably will happen it's not official
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Letsroll1200

I would go after Avery Johnson at Alabama if I'm LSU

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 09, 2017, 11:54:51 am
"ever":  at all times; always.

The last 2 decades aren't irrelevant, but neither are the two decades prior to those if you are saying "ever."  Which you were.

And if you are going to stretch LSU into the Houston area and into Mississippi, we should include all of Arkansas, southern Missouri and eastern Oklahoma (i.e., Tulsa and surrounding areas) for us.  But again, I think you're modifying your argument now. 

And leave my dad out of it.  He's busy telling your dad what to do today.

Southern Missouri? Who cares.

Tulsa is owned by OU these days so claiming it is a reach.

Houston is over twice the population of the entire state of Arkansas and has been a place LSU has got kids from as is southwest Mississippi.

Hurricane Katrina sent a large population of displaced Louisiana folks there to go along with what always had a decent amount of Louisiana natives.

Shaq was from Houston area for instance. Chris Jackson was from Mississippi.

Lsu is a sleeping giant. It will happen some day.