Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anderson is out......

Started by ricepig, March 05, 2017, 02:12:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Slater

He is a good man who was in a really tough spot, Frank Haith destroyed the roster. I was lucky enough to get to know Coach Anderson and Coach Loos when they were at Central Missouri State. He can coach, he just had zero chance with all the nonsense and switching of AD's at Mizzou. 
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

WorfHog

It's going to be really interesting to see who they can hire.

ShadowHawg

Any chance they could convince Hoiberg?

I don't think he is liking his time with the Bulls.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 05, 2017, 02:53:51 pm
Any chance they could convince Hoiberg?

I don't think he is liking his time with the Bulls.
The Bulls front office is a mess. Nobody wants to work with or for them. They should have kept Thibs. Derrick Rose, and Joakim Noah.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Slater

Martin from Cal is mentioned, Crean possibly 
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

The_Iceman

Quote from: WorfHog on March 05, 2017, 02:51:01 pm
It's going to be really interesting to see who they can hire.

Mizzou has a lot of potential as a basketball school with its proximity to Kansas City, St. Louis, Illinois, and Indiana. Wonder who they will be able to get as well.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Slater on March 05, 2017, 03:04:12 pm
Martin from Cal is mentioned, Crean possibly

I think both are very good coaches.

hogwood

Betcha they get a knockout hire.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogwood on March 05, 2017, 03:40:56 pm
Betcha they get a knockout hire.

What about their last 2 hires would indicate that?

navyhog24

They have a new AD. So maybe they can

rude1

Sometimes your loyalty can get you in trouble. Maybe because of his age and the fear he wouldn't get an opportunity, but after what Haith fled from, he should have said thanks but no thanks to that opportunity. Never stood a chance.

geauxhawgs

March 05, 2017, 04:59:49 pm #12 Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 08:32:48 am by geauxhawgs
still baffles me how or why anyone from Arkansas gives any thought to a school that is so liberal, arrogant and culturally different than us. let alone a school we have almost zero history with and literally never thought or talked about, until they entered the south eastern conference a few years ago. said it before i'll say it again...the day we start using missouri as a benchmark or caring about them, is a sad sad day for the state of arkansas and a HUGE step in the wrong direction. their entire athletic program (and state for the matter) has never had any emotional stability what so ever and the university has never had long term sustained success in major athletics. always been a drama show, always will be with the amount of drastically different personalities and view points state wide.

and don't give me the LSU/AR comparison crap...we had a history with those damn cajuns LONG before we were ever in the sec.

best of luck to missouri...as always, they gonna need it.

LSU Bleauxs! Woo Pig y'all!

PonderinHog

Well, we have been known to steal a head coach or two from them.

farmhawg

Quote from: geauxhawgs on March 05, 2017, 04:59:49 pm
still baffles me how or why anyone from Arkansas gives any thought to a school that is so liberal, arrogant and culturally different than us. let alone a school we have almost zero history with and literally never thought or talked about, until they entered the south eastern conference a few years ago. said it before i'll say it again...the day we start using missouri as a benchmark or care about them, is a sad sad day for the state of arkansas and a HUGE step in the wrong direction. their entire athletic program (and state for the matter) has never had any emotional stability what so ever and the university has never had long term sustained success in major athletics. always been a drama show, always will be with the amount of drastically different personalities and view points state wide.

and don't give me the LSU/AR comparison crap...we had a history with those damn cajuns LONG before we were ever in the sec.

Good grief.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Letsroll1200

Three and Snout

let alone a school we have almost zero history with and literally never thought or talked about, until they entered the south eastern conference a few years ago.

I wouldn't say almost zero history.  We got Frank and Mike from Mizzou prior to the 2012 expansion, along with bowl games and OOC basketball games of significance.

chiti66

mizzouman

Could be very interesting not only who is hired but who he brings with him.

TexArkHogFan

Well, your title certainly got some attention. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

hawginbigd1

still baffles me how or why anyone from Arkansas gives any thought to a school that is so liberal, arrogant and culturally different than us. let alone a school we have almost zero history with and literally never thought or talked about, until they entered the south eastern conference a few years ago. said it before i'll say it again...the day we start using missouri as a benchmark or care about them, is a sad sad day for the state of arkansas and a HUGE step in the wrong direction. their entire athletic program (and state for the matter) has never had any emotional stability what so ever and the university has never had long term sustained success in major athletics. always been a drama show, always will be with the amount of drastically different personalities and view points state wide.

PSA kids, do not post drunk!

elksnort

Good post. I've never had much love for Missouri nor hate either.

husker71

LSU will be looking in a few days.

Hawg Red

It would be a major blow for them if Cuonzo Martin turned the job down. I think that's their man, the best fit. He's a good coach, I guess. Not a world-beater but not a pushover. I think he would recruit that area well. But it's Missouri so I'm waiting for them to screw it up. Hoping they screw it up, actually.

hvsupastar

Missouri is about to be on their 3rd coach since we got Mike from them and Hogs are rolling into NCAA tournament with a couple of great recruiting classes coming in. Once again, people need to step back and see Mike Anderson is the man to lead the hogs.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

realistichog

K Anderson is a good coach. He would make someone a very good assistant if he doesn't get a call for a head job.

snoblind

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 05, 2017, 05:20:02 pm
Well, we have been known to steal a head coach or two from them.

And played them close to 50 times in basketball since 1950.  Always amusing isn't it?

hog.goblin

Quote from: snoblind on March 05, 2017, 10:59:11 pm
And played them close to 50 times in basketball since 1950.  Always amusing isn't it?

Including 10 straight years during the Nolan era when Missouri had a consistently good basketball program (2 sweet 16s and 1 elite 8).

The_Iceman

Quote from: realistichog on March 05, 2017, 10:41:05 pm
K Anderson is a good coach. He would make someone a very good assistant if he doesn't get a call for a head job.

Not a lot of what happened there the last 3 years was Anderson's fault.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on March 05, 2017, 06:07:24 pm
Well, your title certainly got some attention. 

ekiM Anderson is out...
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

mizzouman

I'm hearing calls have been made for a couple of months already. 

First one to Marshall.  Threw a ton of $$ at him.  However, it doesn't look likely.  Many feel Marshall has a bigger target.  Mizzou is making a bid and if they don't get him, it won't be for the lack of trying.

Second call to Crean.  If IU tells Crean he has 1 more year to get to the final 4, Crean will stay.  He's a competitor.  But, if no extension or he gets fired, then he is extremely open to coming to Mizzou.

Third call to Cuonzo Martin.  Cuonzo is a ESTL guy with lots of ties in the area and would bolster the recruiting there.  But, some donors are not keen on him but not enough to where he would scratched off the list.

Fourth call to Frank Martin.  Mizzou brass loves this guy but may be too expensive.  He buyout is astronomical from what I hear, like around $4 mill.  That first year of coaching would be rather expensive.

Others on that will be contact is Holtman and Keats.  I would take the 6 listed against the field.

Another note.  Romar at Washington is about to get fired.  Many believe he will, but there's still a faction of Husky donors that want him only because he can recruit and there's always hope.  But the hope is fading.  We'll see what happens.  The only reason I mention this is because if he does get fired, then look for the Porter boys to give Mizzou a strong look especially if Crean is the head coach.  MPJ's top school was Mizzou then Indiana then Virginia.  Obviously signed with UW because his dad was hired.  If that would not have happened, then it was either Mizzou or Indiana. 

Quote from: realistichog on March 05, 2017, 10:41:05 pm
Always a bad day when you don't get the call for a head job.

jkstock04

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 05, 2017, 03:24:35 pm
Mizzou has a lot of potential as a basketball school with its proximity to Kansas City, St. Louis, Illinois, and Indiana. Wonder who they will be able to get as well.
I agree. Basketball wise I would think they would have a lot of potential. Eventually (I hope) the SEC is going to be more than the trash basketball conference of the power 5.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HF#1

It will take Mizzou 10 years to get back to where they were when Mike Anderson left.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

jkstock04

They gonna need it? They pretty well own us in football.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hobhog

Hope Steve Shields lands on his feet.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 06, 2017, 08:33:55 am
I agree. Basketball wise I would think they would have a lot of potential. Eventually (I hope) the SEC is going to be more than the trash basketball conference of the power 5.
The SEC is about to turn some heads this year in the NCAA tournament. Don't believe me just watch ;). At least 3 SEC teams will make it to the sweet 16. Book it.

geauxhawgs

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 06, 2017, 08:37:13 am
They gonna need it? They pretty well own us in football.

boy do they! they're  5-3  in the whopping EIGHT meetings all time. Always a fun, memorable and traditional match up that the razorback fan base really gets behind.  :puke: cant wait for meeting # NINE lol  ::hornsdown::

King Kong

Quote from: HF#1 on March 06, 2017, 08:35:03 am
It will take Mizzou 10 years to get back to where they were when Mike Anderson left.

10 years from now or when MA first left?

Beavthompson

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 06, 2017, 12:02:43 pm
The SEC is about to turn some heads this year in the NCAA tournament. Don't believe me just watch ;). At least 3 SEC teams will make it to the sweet 16. Book it.
I will take a ban bet on this. Let's make it two years for fun. I know you will make another account after you lose.  Let's just see what you come up with.
Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

hog.goblin

Quote from: geauxhawgs on March 06, 2017, 03:30:51 pm
boy do they! they're  5-3  in the whopping EIGHT meetings all time. Always a fun, memorable and traditional match up that the razorback fan base really gets behind.  :puke: cant wait for meeting # NINE lol  ::hornsdown::

Duck and dodge your inaccuracy here as it relates to basketball, the sport the majority of us are actually talking about

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HF#1 on March 06, 2017, 08:35:03 am

Not with the right coach.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HognitiveDissonance

I don't know how good Kim Anderson is, but he had no chance at Mizzou. He walked into a horrible situation, basically right when it blew up from Haith's problems. I kinda feel sorry for him.

The Boar War

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 06, 2017, 06:33:46 pm
Not with the right coach.

I think that statement was based on the belief that Mizzou will not be able to hire the right coach.

geauxhawgs

Quote from: hog.goblin on March 06, 2017, 06:31:29 pm
Duck and dodge your inaccuracy here as it relates to basketball, the sport the majority of us are actually talking about

fair enough...so you can honestly say this is a game Hog Nation gets riled up for historically and currently more than a handful of times when we're both decent or there's a major upset? I'm talking year in year out, game in game out like they did with Kansas (a true rivalry)? If that answer to is a "yes" to you, hey thats fine man, we just live in a different world thats all.

LSU Bleauxs!  ::hornsdown:: Screw Ole Miss!
Woo Pig Y'all ! :razorback:

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Slater on March 05, 2017, 02:26:04 pm
He is a good man who was in a really tough spot, Frank Haith destroyed the roster. I was lucky enough to get to know Coach Anderson and Coach Loos when they were at Central Missouri State. He can coach, he just had zero chance with all the nonsense and switching of AD's at Mizzou. 

The Zoo been total meltdown since they had all those other issues on campus the past few years.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 05, 2017, 02:57:51 pm
The Bulls front office is a mess. Nobody wants to work with or for them. They should have kept Thibs. Derrick Rose, and Joakim Noah.
I always like Thibs in Chicago. Thought he did a good job for us. Was really starting to build something I thought
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 07, 2017, 08:35:16 am
I always like Thibs in Chicago. Thought he did a good job for us. Was really starting to build something I thought
No doubt, but I guess he was too firm for their liking. He didn't play that's for sure. But he always got 100% out of his players no matter the circumstance. Not to mention his defensive schemes were a thing of brilliance.

revolution

I nominate Stan Heath, John Pelphrey, Dan Hipsher, Susie Gardner, Jimmy Dykes or John L. Smith!  Any of those names would fit right in at the Zoo!

Inhogswetrust

I bet they don't hire anymore coaches named Anderson.....................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi