Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC COY

Started by hvsupastar, March 04, 2017, 06:42:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on March 04, 2017, 09:38:58 pm
Yeah, a lot of HV superstars on the Jump Ball forum have as poor an understanding of hoops as you do of football so I totally agree with you on all counts here.

Yeah thats funny. After all a football coach who goes 0-13 in conference play his first two seasons then follows up with a third season by getting beat by TOLEDO !!! Then in his fourth season closes the season out with back to back loses in games he had major half time leads in is an AWESOME coach to some of you. Frankly I'd take the guy who gave us back to back top ten finishes in just his third and fourth seasons. BUT don't let that stop you from proclaiming your expertise.

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: Rbill on March 04, 2017, 10:05:02 pm
Mikes complete 180 from stubbornness and inept offense and defense and nonsensical substitution patterns is truly fantastic. No joke. Honestly I'm very happy he adapted. Coach of half the year for sure.

Coaches search for lineups. Thats part of having 8 newcomers. A good coach gives everyone a chance to show what they can do not only in practice but when the lights come on. Some of you guys couldn't coach a high school team and you act like you know everything. Unreal.

Hog Fan...DOH!

I'm glad Coach A's name is in the discussion.  I think it should go to White, though. 

lefty08

Quote from: Sho Nuff on March 06, 2017, 08:40:51 am
Being COY shouldn't be based on who does more with less.  A huge part of coaching is recruiting.  So, if a guy does a great job recruiting and wins big, why is he penalized for having more talent?

A huge part of running a program is recruiting, a huge part of coaching is getting the most out of what you have
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

PonderinHog

Quote from: lefty08 on March 06, 2017, 08:54:49 am
A huge part of running a program is recruiting, a huge part of coaching is getting the most out of what you have
Just give it to the Kensucky coach every year...

lefty08

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 06, 2017, 08:57:02 am

Not sure how you think Calipari qualifies every year by reading my post, but I'm actually surprised espn doesn't do that
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

PonderinHog

Quote from: lefty08 on March 06, 2017, 05:32:25 pm
Not sure how you think Calipari qualifies every year by reading my post, but I'm actually surprised espn doesn't do that
That wasn't really directed at you, lefty.  But if recruiting is the key, then Calipituitary would win it every year.

I actually think Mike deserves COY this year, based on what he's accomplished with all these new faces.  I doubt he gets it, but a strong argument could be made. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hvsupastar on March 04, 2017, 06:42:58 pm
Should be Mike Anderson. For the talent that's on this team to be in the NCAA tournament is pretty darn remarkable.

Not remarkable.  More talent on the offensive end than enough opponents.

Mike did a good job last few weeks.

Would give it to White because Florida beat UK, SC, Hogs twice while only losing to UK, SC and Vandy.   

Any coach who lost to Mizzou shouldn't be mentioned. Plus MSU at home. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

lefty08

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 06, 2017, 05:39:40 pm
That wasn't really directed at you, lefty.  But if recruiting is the key, then Calipituitary would win it every year.

I actually think Mike deserves COY this year, based on what he's accomplished with all these new faces.  I doubt he gets it, but a strong argument could be made.

I gotchya, confused me with the quote

lefty08

For what it's worth, I wouldn't give it to MA either, I'd give it to Drew. 9 scholarship players is tough in any league

hog.goblin

hog.goblin

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 06, 2017, 08:42:57 am
Yeah thats funny. After all a football coach who goes 0-13 in conference play his first two seasons then follows up with a third season by getting beat by TOLEDO !!! Then in his fourth season closes the season out with back to back loses in games he had major half time leads in is an AWESOME coach to some of you. Frankly I'd take the guy who gave us back to back top ten finishes in just his third and fourth seasons. BUT don't let that stop you from proclaiming your expertise.

What school are you talking about?  I don't know of any that went 0 - 13 in conference play and then lost to Toledo.

southeasthog

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 06, 2017, 08:42:57 am
You talking about the coach that had the Heisman Trophy winner and still only managed 2 more wins than Bielema did? Didn't that awesome coach lose to Kentucky? Didn't he have to cheat to beat Wake Forest? Yeah, he's awesome.

jfred59

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 06, 2017, 08:57:02 am

He isnt the bag man...thats who should get it there

PonderinHog

Quote from: jfred59 on March 06, 2017, 07:02:17 pm
BMOY!  Do we even have a candidate ???

UKChamps

Quote from: jfred59 on March 06, 2017, 07:02:17 pm

So salty. Lol. 

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

revolution

Quote from: jbcarol on March 07, 2017, 11:19:09 am
https://twitter.com/SEC/status/839163256904237056

I think MA did an admirable job the last third of the season.  With that said, Mike White did a terrific job rebounding from last year's sub-par season.

I think they got it right.