Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Injury update: Georgia forward Yante Maten

Started by jbcarol, March 01, 2017, 06:57:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/JasonHButt/status/836682870131408897

QuoteMaten's right knee injury is considered a Grade 2 sprain to his medial collateral ligament. More than a week has elapsed since Maten sustained the injury, although it still remains uncertain when Maten will be able to return. Fox said he was thankful no other ligaments inside Maten's knee needed to heal or be repaired.

"Nothing else was damaged so nothing else needs to be cleaned up," Fox said.

Maten will not play in either of Georgia's final two games of the regular season against Auburn and Arkansas. On his weekly radio show, Fox said it's still unknown whether Maten could potentially return to the lineup for the SEC Tournament.

Maten sustained the knee sprain during the first two minutes of Georgia's 82-77 loss to Kentucky. Maten collided with Kentucky guard Isaiah Briscoe...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/837707682366771200

QuoteATHENS — Georgia star Yante Maten won't be available to play when his team travels to Arkansas on Saturday. But the junior forward will be there to cheer his team on.

Maten is making the trip with the team, unlike Georgia's last road game, Feb. 23 at Alabama. The reason Maten is going isn't because there's any chance to play, head coach Mark Fox  ;), but in order to continue the rehabilitation process at Arkansas' facilities.

"He's got a ways to go. He's got some benchmarks he's got to hit until the medical people feel he's ready to even return to practice."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

The_Iceman

It seems to me that everytime an opposing team is missing a key player, we end up losing to them.

I know that is not the case, but it feels that way.

navyhog24

JJ Frazier is their leader. The little guy can play. He put on a show against LSU last weekend.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 03, 2017, 11:55:52 am
It seems to me that everytime an opposing team is missing a key player, we end up losing to them.

I know that is not the case, but it feels that way.

A lot of teams pull together after a loss of a great player.

Ohio state won the playoff under similar circumstances. The Clippers did without Griffin.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/JasonHButt/status/838789946295128065

QuoteYante Maten is likely to return next week following the SEC Tournament.

Head coach Mark Fox said Georgia is confident Maten will be back on the floor for either the NCAA Tournament or the NIT, whichever field the Bulldogs are selected into.

As for whether he'll be back for the SEC Tournament, that still remains to be seen.

"He has not practiced," Fox said. "He has gotten to the point where he's shooting some balls. But he has not practiced. He's scheduled to meet with our team doc before we go to Nashville. That's something that's been set so that's not something that's just happened recently."

jbcarol