Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

receivers

Started by grassroothog, October 01, 2017, 06:38:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

grassroothog

Are our young receivers stepping up their game? And if so isn't that a sign of good coaching?

blu

Nance, Jones and Stewart all looked good yesterday. AA looked comfortable and confident, timing was much improved. All good signs. Will that continue against SEC competition? Let's all hope so, and woo pig.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

LZH

Receivers looked good.

Hoggish1

The receivers look like they could cause problems for upcoming SEC opponents.  I'm impressed with their speed! 

Also, I want to see playing time for Hayden and Hammonds continue to increase.

NorthDallas40

Holy cow the first four posts in this thread are suffering from mass delusion. You think playing NMST might have had just a little something to do with it?

Being FORCED to utilize other WRs when Cornelis went down again is the reason for us seeing other folks.  As you know, we have a solid rule of playing newbies or second teamers only if it is forced upon us through graduation or massive injuries.  We often find those that never got a real chance to be pretty darn good when called upon through necessity.  Once Allen and the newbies learn eachother through on the field, in game, training, we may a few winners there.

We have talent all over this team that no one knows we got.  I guess we are saving it up for an explosion on BAMA,  And remember, BAMA just ain't that good.  That statement is a must for some Hogviller to offer each and every year so I got it done for the sake of the website.

grassroothog

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 01, 2017, 09:14:50 am
Holy cow the first four posts in this thread are suffering from mass delusion. You think playing NMST might have had just a little something to do with it?
Don't know. Thats why im asking for opinions. Hopefully without the politics.

JaketheSnake

Do you not think our receivers showed improvement yesterday?  Regardless of the opponent...  we were catching balls and getting YAC yards.  Jones made a few difficult catches, OGrady the same, Nance has shown he is explosive against A&M. 

We have a lot of good pieces, just need to figure out the puzzle.  This season can still turn into 7-8 wins. 

LZH

I am not referring to our WR' s performance vs a lesser team. Ex: did you see Jones (?) go across the middle and layout?.....catching the ball with his hands instead of his arms & belly?

Yeah AA had a good day mostly because his receivers were open, but they were running tight routes and were aggressive when the ball was in the air. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: 12247 on October 01, 2017, 09:25:23 am
Being FORCED to utilize other WRs when Cornelis went down again is the reason for us seeing other folks.  As you know, we have a solid rule of playing newbies or second teamers only if it is forced upon us through graduation or massive injuries.  We often find those that never got a real chance to be pretty darn good when called upon through necessity.  Once Allen and the newbies learn eachother through on the field, in game, training, we may a few winners there.

All the guys making plays have been playing all year.

sickboy

Receivers were fantastic. Now we have to get O'Grady or Patton clicking in the passing game.

RedRazorHog

it's hard to say.  On the positive side, they did get some separation and they did catch the ball.  That said, what we will see a lot of in SEC play is more jamming by DBs at the line to throw off timing, and more pressure on AA.  When AA is rushed, and the receivers are getting jammed, it puts the timing way off and causes issues.  The answer to that is to have your TE's running drags and crosses, and they have to catch the ball as well as screens and wheels by your RBs.  Still seeing a few too many drops  by the TE's...

Overall it looked better yesterday, but I think we need to keep coaching hard because SEC play will be different.
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

jchill

What happened to Brandon Martin? Is he still injured or just is not catching on as fast?

code red

Quote from: grassroothog on October 01, 2017, 06:38:43 am
Are our young receivers stepping up their game? And if so isn't that a sign of good coaching?
NMSU
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou