Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kevin Kelley

Started by Mtothaj, September 26, 2017, 03:19:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mtothaj

I would love to see Kevin Kelley from Pulaski Academy as our next head coach. I'm really curious to see what his style of play can do at the college level. I don't think it can get much worse than the current situation.

hogsanity

Quote from: Mtothaj on September 26, 2017, 03:19:34 pm
I would love to see Kevin Kelley from Pulaski Academy as our next head coach. I'm really curious to see what his style of play can do at the college level. I don't think it can get much worse than the current situation.

You really want a coach that is going to go for 4th and 10 from his own 5?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Seebs

In before vomit emoticon.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

longpig

That's a worse idea than letting Dave Bazzell make trophies.
Don't be scared, be smart.

ricepig

Quote from: longpig on September 26, 2017, 03:53:29 pm

Second good laugh I've had on here today.

phadedhawg

*snort*

Porkette

:D
GO HOGS GO!

MJ2

I'm with ya bro.   Gotta have someone creative and inspiring and different to win at AR and Kelley may be just the guy.   Give him a shot.

theFlyingHog

Since I can't simply +1 you I'm making this post to show my approval

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Wildhog

I don't know.  You can fire a coach after a while.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawganatic

Good lord!!  Thank goodness you have no influence on who the next coach will be.

Now, Remember, we are all entitled to our opinions.

However, that opinion may come close to topping the thought that BB with his approach to scheming football, would have been a good hire.

greenEGnHAWGS

What exactly is his style other than never punting?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

NoogaHog

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 26, 2017, 04:12:36 pm
Your timing was impeccable.

I am curious if his style would translate to college. I am sure the percentages he plays would not be the same as in high school. But, I don't think it would ever work in major college football. Too many good defenses and team speed. It may work in D2 or even FCS, but not D1.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

davglo35

Give him 5 years. I bet he could do better than
3-9
7-6
8-5
7-6
3-9

NaturalStateReb

The problem you have if you make a high-risk, high-reward hire like this is putting yourself in a Colorado-like state.  They made about three mishires in a row that basically just put them in nuclear winter for several seasons.  He might be great, I don't know, but if it fails, you could risk burning the program pretty badly.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: NoogaHog on September 26, 2017, 04:18:23 pm
I am curious if his style would translate to college. I am sure the percentages he plays would not be the same as in high school. But, I don't think it would ever work in major college football. Too many good defenses and team speed. It may work in D2 or even FCS, but not D1.

It'd probably be an improvement over the current special teams situation.

Fan1958

Quote from: davglo35 on September 26, 2017, 04:19:04 pm
Give him 5 years. I bet he could do better than
3-9
7-6
8-5
7-6
3-9

And I bet he couldn't.  Onside kicks, going for it on 4th and forever from your 15 yard line.  Guys like Saban and even Sumlin would eat that alive.

If his system worked at the college level somebody would be doing it.  They ain't.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

yraciv

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 03:22:16 pm
You really want a coach that is going to go for 4th and 10 from his own 5?

Well the math says that is a good call because if you punt from the your opponent will score on X% of possessions, which is higher than the percentage of time you'd get 4th and 10. I think something like that is the Kelley way of thinking.

It's not for the University of Arkansas or major football yet, but I would like to see him get his shot at some small school and see how it plays out. I think he is a damn good coach, and there is something to it.

zebradynasty

Well his recruiting credentials are impeccable! Sorry that was too easy. ;)

Rzbakfromwaybak

Yeah, great idea.  Bet the U of A wants to talk to him, but afraid he would turn the HC job down.  ;)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

moses_007

Well, "high school" Malzahn has made it pretty good as a college coach.