Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Recruit in Late Signing

Started by Hogtied85, April 25, 2017, 11:43:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtied85

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/228498

http://www.flyswiftfly.com/news_article/show/667015?referrer_id=

Looks like we are currently looking at this young lady. For what its worth I believe we have a decent chance at getting her. What's interesting is that the other that is interested in her is Oklahoma, which our coach beat in NCAAT this year. She reminds me of Angel McCoughty.

psycHOGlogist

nwahogfan1

Thanks Hog.  We sure need more height.   She could get lots of minutes this year also.

LadybackBBFan

Could be a good pickup.  We could use at least two.

flippinhogmana

April 25, 2017, 09:42:43 pm #5 Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 09:58:49 am by flippinhogmana
http://chipolaathletics.com/Raven_Baker.jpg?max_width=160&max_height=210

4 Raven Baker-Northcross
Height:   5'7
Year:   Freshman
Hometown:   Malvern, AR
High School:   Malvern High School
Position:   Guard

In her sophomore year she was one of the two main players on a team taht advanced to the championship game in thier NJCAA division.  She averaged about 15 points per game. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

I dont know if the bio is current and she has three or two to play. I assume two.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Hogtied85

Destiny Littleton commits to Texas. Just goes to show you that you can get a westcoast kids to come to the south. I was told in another thread that she would never leave the westcoast. When you can recruit, you can bring anyone from anywhere.

BWS

That bio of Baker is from the 2015-16 season. She's currently a sophomore. Averaged 14.3 ppg this past season.

Scott7703

Quote from: Hogtired10 on April 26, 2017, 05:53:55 am
Destiny Littleton commits to Texas. Just goes to show you that you can get a westcoast kids to come to the south. I was told in another thread that she would never leave the westcoast. When you can recruit, you can bring anyone from anywhere.

Karen Aston is the real deal.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: BWS on April 26, 2017, 07:20:49 am
That bio of Baker is from the 2015-16 season. She's currently a sophomore. Averaged 14.3 ppg this past season.

Yes, decent stats at a good JUCO.  Hard to say the immediate impact of a JUCO.  Most take a year to adjust to D 1 ball so if everyone returns she will be pressed to get a lot of minutes.   But we do need the depth and the competition in practice from a older girl so I am glad we signed her.    Also an Arkansas girl so that is good.

I am still holding out hope we can sign at least 1 0r 2 pretty good 6'0+ seniors who are immediately eligible.  Any one out there fit that mold?

Birminghog

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 25, 2017, 09:42:43 pm
http://chipolaathletics.com/Raven_Baker.jpg?max_width=160&max_height=210

4 Raven Baker-Northcross
Height:   5'7
Year:   Freshman
Hometown:   Malvern, AR
High School:   Malvern High School
Position:   Guard

In her sophomore year she was one of the two main players on a team taht advanced to the championship game in thier NJCAA division.  She averaged about 15 points per game.

Go Leopards! C'mon, home girl!

flippinhogmana

in MN's offense at Washington it was guard dominated.  As I have said before, I think AW will prosper in such a system and with his guidance and that of his assistants.  My gut feeling is that AW stays.  Its hard for a young woman or man to have to admit that they were wrong about a fundamental thing.  In indicating she wanted to transfer and seeking her release, she has done that already.  Now she has to deal with perhaps being wrong about that.  My gut feeling is that she will see it in her best interest to stay and fully commit to the coach and program.  Either way I think we will know soon.  It would not be a total surprise if we had news about that this week yet, and also about the 3rd Assistant.  It also wouldn't totally surprise me if we didnt just yet, either.

BWS

My guess is that Wilson won't be back. Not that she doesn't like MN or being in Fayetteville, but I think this past season with Dykes has spoiled her time at UA and she'll be looking for a fresh start somewhere else. I wouldn't be surprised if she transferred to Missouri.

Scott7703

Quote from: BWS on April 27, 2017, 07:21:59 am
My guess is that Wilson won't be back. Not that she doesn't like MN or being in Fayetteville, but I think this past season with Dykes has spoiled her time at UA and she'll be looking for a fresh start somewhere else. I wouldn't be surprised if she transferred to Missouri.

You are probably right. I just can't understand leaving to sit out a year when you can stay and play for a proven winner who has a great track record with player development and who has a system that fits her perfectly. Again you are privet right though.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: BWS on April 27, 2017, 07:21:59 am

I certainly agree with the first part, but I'm not sure about the destination. FWIW (and it's not much, maybe), Wilson doesn't follow Pingeton (or any of the Mizzou staff, as far as I can tell) on twitter (though Pingeton follows her and Tim Gill).

Wish there were word on this one way or the other. Purely for selfish reasons lol.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hogtired10 on April 25, 2017, 11:43:10 am
http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/228498

http://www.flyswiftfly.com/news_article/show/667015?referrer_id=

Looks like we are currently looking at this young lady. For what its worth I believe we have a decent chance at getting her. What's interesting is that the other that is interested in her is Oklahoma, which our coach beat in NCAAT this year. She reminds me of Angel McCoughty.
Is there any video on her?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Hogtied85