Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas softball talent

Started by Pancetta, April 09, 2017, 05:05:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pancetta

Is there enough elite talent in state to fill say 1/3 of the roster from year to year if the Hogs got it all?
I just saw Madi Bishop from Jonesboro hammer a 2 run shot for #1 Oregon.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

(notOM)Rebel123

Braxton Burnside from Paragould is having a great freshman year at Mizzou.
She's hitting .339 with 9 HR's.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

Quote from: Pancetta on April 09, 2017, 05:05:52 pm
Is there enough elite talent in state to fill say 1/3 of the roster from year to year if the Hogs got it all?
I just saw Madi Bishop from Jonesboro hammer a 2 run shot for #1 Oregon.

Madi can swing a bat, but these girls seem to pickup offers and commit to out of state schools as early as freshmen.

flippinhogmana

there are six on the roster (of 29) so thats a little more than a fifth (one starter). Four of the six are freshmen.  I think it is probably like basketball, how much we can rely on instate talent will change from year to year.  We also have six from Texas (3 starters), five from Cali (two starters) and five from Illinois (two starters). 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ricepig

I would assume it's like basketball, if we kept the cream of the crop in-state, we'd be better.

Pancetta

I don't know what coaches in the past did since my daughter was so young but Coach Deifel is out talking to rec league coaches in NWA.  That is pretty surprising since I thought all these D1 players are coming out of elite travel ball organizations. 
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Pancetta on April 09, 2017, 10:05:23 pm
I don't know what coaches in the past did since my daughter was so young but Coach Deifel is out talking to rec league coaches in NWA.  That is pretty surprising since I thought all these D1 players are coming out of elite travel ball organizations.

Good to hear, it may be just because she cares about the sport.  In naval parlance, from what I have seen so far I like the cut of her jib.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.