Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Neighbors' presser

Started by psycHOGlogist, April 04, 2017, 04:42:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on April 05, 2017, 10:53:50 pm
Oh, definitely. But by the same token, there was a lot of Arkansas talent that left the state when Collen (and maybe Gardner) was here: Stricklen, Morgan Hook, Jordan Madden, Scaife, Roshunda Johnson, Ashley Adams, and so forth (probably forget some - not on purpose). My point is not that we should not get people from out of state - we definitely should. But until we are UConn and can pick and choose among national recruits, we have to do better on the instate kids. It'll never be perfect, obviously, but it needs to be better. How much better would we have been if Collen had brought some of those players in? We'll never know, of course.

True, but the mythical fence doesnt work for any of our coaches regardless of sport.  Stricklen was a big miss as was Scaife particularly since we wound up losing Danberry eventually anyway.  Johnson and Adams I believe was a numbers game.  But your point is still valid.  However, as I said, I think we have an opportunity with MN even better with Arkansas kids than we did with Blair.  He is an Arkansas coach and has a lot better network than anyone including JD with the Arkansas coaches, that never hurts.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

brs_hogfan

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 05, 2017, 03:57:01 pm
She needs to give 100% up and down the court before being looked at on a higher level.
Yes, I agree about that.  However, she was the top scorer in the 7A West and one of the leading rebounders too.  She definitely has the athleticism to be a top level player.  But work still to do.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on April 05, 2017, 10:53:50 pm
Oh, definitely. But by the same token, there was a lot of Arkansas talent that left the state when Collen (and maybe Gardner) was here: Stricklen, Morgan Hook, Jordan Madden, Scaife, Roshunda Johnson, Ashley Adams, and so forth (probably forget some - not on purpose). My point is not that we should not get people from out of state - we definitely should. But until we are UConn and can pick and choose among national recruits, we have to do better on the instate kids. It'll never be perfect, obviously, but it needs to be better. How much better would we have been if Collen had brought some of those players in? We'll never know, of course.
If he can somehow turn the Arkansas women's basketball program into a brand instead of just a program that would be a good start. That's what Auriemma at UConn has done. Then he can take his pick of the top instate players first and then go from there. It starts with keeping the best players instate first. Here's to hoping he can and will. :razorback:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

porque

Quote from: brs_hogfan on April 05, 2017, 10:40:32 am
Yo'myris Morris is definitely the in-state 2018 to target after Williams.  But Jasmine Franklin is very good as well and I think we should go after her.  She is a great rebounder.  Doesn't shoot as well as Morris though.

Also, another 2019 to look at is Springdale High's Marquesha Davis.  She has as high of an upside as anyone in the state.  Great athlete.  If she can develop a little more range on her shot, she will be one of the top players nationally.

I've known Jazmine since she was crawling.  She is a great rebounder, that's for sure. But, she is in a different class with the shot put and discus in track. I know she doesn't love track but she could go that route. She does have an offer from Kansas and others in bball, but no SEC offers last I checked.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 05, 2017, 03:57:01 pm
She needs to give 100% up and down the court before being looked at on a higher level.
I've heard she has some health issues that hinder her ability to do that.