Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like Washington could care less....

Started by snf6278, March 28, 2017, 03:42:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snf6278

hawg1221

That's probably just a very small sampling.

psycHOGlogist

Have you ever seen posts in the main HV forums when they're about women's sports? They read just like that. A bunch of ignorant non-fans ("hot seat" - lol). Neighbors is very widely liked and admired at UW.

But for a second there, when I saw the forum name was "hardcorehusky.com," I figured this was another @Dwight_K_Shrute post about "Huskyville.net" lol. 

jackflash

I am not a Washington fan. But Mississippi State was the better club. No shame here

psycHOGlogist

Washington lost to five teams this year: Stanford, Oregon, Oregon St., Notre Dame, and Mississippi State. That's it. All of them were in the Sweet 16, four of them were in the Elite 8, and two of them are in the Final 4.

But "hot seat."

LMAO

Dwight_K_Shrute

Here's something else interesting about UW.

I researched attendance at both UW and MSU last night.  Ok I'm a nerd but I wanted to see the impact Coach Vic and Mike Neighbors have had at their respective schools.

MSU was averaging about 1,500 per game before Vic arrived.  His first year was about the same due to a losing record.  Attendance steadily improved each year after that.  Two years ago was up to 3,755.  Last year 5,162.  Final numbers for this season have not been released but it will probably be around 6,000.  They had a game of 10,500 in their finale against TN.

UW hovered around 2,000 each of MN's first 3 years.  This year it looks like their average will be over 5,000 and they had a high of 10,000.  It took them coming off a F4 appearance last year to finally get excited about the program.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

mbgrulz

Quote from: jackflash on March 28, 2017, 04:14:27 pm
I am not a Washington fan. But Mississippi State was the better club. No shame here
Which tells you nothing about who would be the better fit at Arkansas.

Both are GREAT coaches. 

snf6278

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on March 28, 2017, 04:11:52 pm
Have you ever seen posts in the main HV forums when they're about women's sports? They read just like that. A bunch of ignorant non-fans ("hot seat" - lol). Neighbors is very widely liked and admired at UW.

But for a second there, when I saw the forum name was "hardcorehusky.com," I figured this was another @Dwight_K_Shrute post about "Huskyville.net" lol. 
I thought about this when I posted the link. I think the difference is we have a strong enough fan base that would show up to games if the right coach is brought in. I think Coach Neighbors could do that. Let's say CGB was brought back. How would the fan base react? We know what he can do and we have seen his work at aggie land. Long has to get it right this time either way. As far as the link, I double checked! Haha

Sow’sEar

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 28, 2017, 05:02:35 pm
Here's something else interesting about UW.

I researched attendance at both UW and MSU last night.  Ok I'm a nerd but I wanted to see the impact Coach Vic and Mike Neighbors have had at their respective schools.

MSU was averaging about 1,500 per game before Vic arrived.  His first year was about the same due to a losing record.  Attendance steadily improved each year after that.  Two years ago was up to 3,755.  Last year 5,162.  Final numbers for this season have not been released but it will probably be around 6,000.  They had a game of 10,500 in their finale against TN.

UW hovered around 2,000 each of MN's first 3 years.  This year it looks like their average will be over 5,000 and they had a high of 10,000.  It took them coming off a F4 appearance last year to finally get excited about the program.
Good work Dwight!  Those are good numbers for both of those coaches.  The argument could be made that it's even more impressive that Neighbors got that many folks in Seattle to attend.  I would think there are many options to spend money on on any given night in Seattle.  Plus they have a WNBA team too, the Seattle Storm Clouds.

Hogtied85

Quote from: Lulu Hog on March 29, 2017, 10:13:58 am
Good work Dwight!  Those are good numbers for both of those coaches.  The argument could be made that it's even more impressive that Neighbors got that many folks in Seattle to attend.  I would think there are many options to spend money on on any given night in Seattle.  Plus they have a WNBA team too, the Seattle Storm Clouds.

https://twitter.com/InsiderExposure/status/847100769060999169

psycHOGlogist

I think it's an accurate statement. I am still hearing (from people on this board way more "in the know" than myself) that it's still likely to be resolved positively. FWIW.

hawg1221

It makes sense for him to come back to his home state where he's got so many connections. I hope things work out.

logic

That is understandable. I'm sure the West coast has lots of quality coaches, some known and some at present unknown.  And, UW is collecting $1 million that can be used for their next hire. Also, unlike Jeff Long, they AD is not on the hot seat should he make a poor choice.

ricepig

Quote from: logic on April 03, 2017, 05:40:38 pm
That is understandable. I'm sure the West coast has lots of quality coaches, some known and some at present unknown.  And, UW is collecting $1 million that can be used for their next hire. Also, unlike Jeff Long, they AD is not on the hot seat should he make a poor choice.

Your seat is hotter than Long's.........

grayhawg

Jeff Long's hot seat.

Inhogswetrust

You wouldn't recognize a hot seat if you were standing in the middle of hell.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

logic

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 08, 2017, 10:46:24 am
You wouldn't recognize a hot seat if you were standing in the middle of hell.
I can't respond since hell is not defined. However, the thing is, it would not be good for Jeff Long if the next ladies basketball coach is not an improvement over Jimmy Dykes.

razorjack

It would be nice if you knew what you were taking about!!

snf6278

Quote from: logic on April 08, 2017, 02:07:42 pm
I can't respond since hell is not defined. However, the thing is, it would not be good for Jeff Long if the next ladies basketball coach is not an improvement over Jimmy Dykes.
Have you even looked at CMN resume? He is what the ladies program has needed since CGB. If it's a lost cause then why even bother with posting in here? Just go to MMQB or Jump Ball. There's an excitement for this program that hasn't been here in a very long time. If you are right come back in five years and tell us then.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: logic on April 08, 2017, 02:07:42 pm

Why anyone would think an AD would be on the hot seat over a women's basketball coaching hire is crazy.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi