Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wonder if Miami is still excited about Richt.

Started by HiggiePiggy, October 20, 2016, 10:17:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

yraciv

Year 1 should always be a pass! Not his players, tough games. They shouldn't have got drilled tonight, but it happens. Mark Richt will be fine in Miami with similar success to his UGA time for many years.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: yraciv on October 20, 2016, 10:32:19 pm
Year 1 should always be a pass! Not his players, tough games. They shouldn't have got drilled tonight, but it happens. Mark Richt will be fine in Miami with similar success to his UGA time for many years.

Oh I think he will be fine just Miami fans better never expect to play in the championship game is all.

yraciv

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 20, 2016, 10:44:37 pm
Oh I think he will be fine just Miami fans better never expect to play in the championship game is all.

They've got a couple ACC championship games in future, just don't expect them to win it. I'll never take Miami football serious until they get out of the orange bowl.

StewDogg11

Quote from: yraciv on October 20, 2016, 10:55:15 pm
They've got a couple ACC championship games in future, just don't expect them to win it. I'll never take Miami football serious until they get out of the orange bowl.

Not sure if serious...the Orange Bowl was demolished in 2008.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 21, 2016, 07:26:05 pm
about as excited as georgia is with smart?

I'm sure fans of Georgia expected this year to be down. But it was a bad hire in my opinion by Georgia. Was good to fire Richt if they are wanting to ever play in a national championship. 

clutch

Quote from: yraciv on October 20, 2016, 10:55:15 pm

Is this like a hidden way of saying that you take Miami football seriously now?

yraciv

Quote from: StewDogg11 on October 21, 2016, 01:26:09 pm
Not sure if serious...the Orange Bowl was demolished in 2008.

I meant Hard Rock, name is constantly changing, which is where they play the Orange Bowl. It's an ugly pro sports stadium, not catered around the U, and a bad college gameday environment.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 21, 2016, 07:33:43 pm
I'm sure fans of Georgia expected this year to be down. But it was a bad hire in my opinion by Georgia. Was good to fire Richt if they are wanting to ever play in a national championship. 
Not really. Georgia has had top recruiting classes the past four years. UGa fans figured all it took was a really good coach to turn the Dogs into a contender.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: HotlantaHog on October 26, 2016, 02:33:40 pm
Not really. Georgia has had top recruiting classes the past four years. UGa fans figured all it took was a really good coach to turn the Dogs into a contender.

Problem is for the fans was that the AD didn't go out and hire a proven coach instead he went and took another risk on a coordinator. So really fans should be looking to fire the AD in a couple of years if they haven't gotten back to contending again. 

holeinthewall

Miami problem is the OL and only having 55 healthy scholarship players.   Miami is starting 4 true FR on D and 4 SO only lose 4 SR total that start. 2 on O 2 on D.  All Richt needs to do is start keeping more of the So Florida players home that left while Golden was there. South Florida is by far the best area in the country for HS football.

holeinthewall

Richt made a big improvement to Miami while UGA went backwards even loaded with all that talent Richt brought in.   And he just got a 5 star RB committed everyone in the country wanted.  All of Miami top 4 recruits for the 18 class hold Bama offers. Richt may do more to slow down Bama than any of the SEC schools just by keeping the south Florida talent in South Florida. There are at least 2 more top 100  players Miami will get over Bama in Al Blades and Mark Pope.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: holeinthewall on February 10, 2017, 03:17:16 am
Richt made a big improvement to Miami while UGA went backwards even loaded with all that talent Richt brought in.   And he just got a 5 star RB committed everyone in the country wanted.  All of Miami top 4 recruits for the 18 class hold Bama offers. Richt may do more to slow down Bama than any of the SEC schools just by keeping the south Florida talent in South Florida. There are at least 2 more top 100  players Miami will get over Bama in Al Blades and Mark Pope.

He always recruited well. His problem is similar to mike Anderson.  Losing games he shouldn't and missing out on the sec championship game when they were favored to win the east his last 3 years at Georgia.  He will do well at Miami, but it is Richt so I'm pretty sure he will never make it to the playoff. He might make it to the acc championship game eventually. 

DeltaBoy

He got rock solid personal morals and I been baffled and his issues at GA.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

holeinthewall

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 14, 2017, 08:13:22 am
He got rock solid personal morals and I been baffled and his issues at GA.

He has put together a solid staff at Miami. Especially on defense with Diaz and the DL coach.   His DL coach has complete control over offers. He doesn't have to ask for any type of approval.  That is unheard of but shows how good he is. This 18 recruiting class could be one that positions them for a NC run. It is going to be an incredible year in South Florida for talent. 

LRHawg

Bama will still get theirs, so I think this likely hurts the Gaytors most.

holeinthewall

Quote from: LRHawg on February 15, 2017, 07:57:38 am
Bama will still get theirs, so I think this likely hurts the Gaytors most.

gayturd boards are already butthurt about Lingard committing to Miami and how slow their staff is to make offers and get on kids early.   

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: holeinthewall on February 15, 2017, 06:29:03 am
He has put together a solid staff at Miami. Especially on defense with Diaz and the DL coach.   His DL coach has complete control over offers. He doesn't have to ask for any type of approval.  That is unheard of but shows how good he is. This 18 recruiting class could be one that positions them for a NC run. It is going to be an incredible year in South Florida for talent. 

NC run?  I will believe it when it happens. Richt finds ways to screw those up.

holeinthewall

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 15, 2017, 10:08:22 pm
NC run?  I will believe it when it happens. Richt finds ways to screw those up.

He has this 18 class locked down and is even make in roads at IMG.   

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: holeinthewall on February 27, 2017, 10:58:26 am
He has this 18 class locked down and is even make in roads at IMG.   

I won't disagree with you on talent. It is Richt that I question. He finds ways to lose some games that cost him chances at a national championship. At least that is what he did while head coach of Georgia.  He might be able to change that, but until he does I will always say he never will.

holeinthewall

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 27, 2017, 02:20:47 pm
I won't disagree with you on talent. It is Richt that I question. He finds ways to lose some games that cost him chances at a national championship. At least that is what he did while head coach of Georgia.  He might be able to change that, but until he does I will always say he never will.

Every HC but loses games each year they shouldn't  Clemson lost to Pitt. Arkansas lost to Missouri.  ASU lost to UCA. 

HiggiePiggy

The difference is great coaches over come some losses to go on and win a NC. You bring up Clemson, but they won this year and also played in the NC game the year before that. Richt will never play in the playoff or a NC game because he finds ways to lose to teams that he shouldn't.

DeltaBoy

We will see if he can get over the hump!

holeinthewall

I find it interesting that comments Richt lost to teams he shouldn't yet in reading the comments about the Hogs schedule it is ok to not play any big non con games because every SEC game is a tough opponent. So which is it?  From 1983 through 2000 Doonan last year at UGA. They won 10 games 2 times. Both years were 10-2.  In 15 years with Richt they won 10 game 10 times.  He never had an undefeated season if that is the knock but guess what Florida has never had an undefeated season. EVER.

Give UGA fans a few years with Kirby Smart they will be wishing they still had Richt

HiggiePiggy

Richt won a lot of games.  How many national championships did he play in? How often did he recruit in the top 5 during his time there? There is a reason that Georgia fired him. 

I wish Arkansas had a recruiting area like he had.

holeinthewall

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on March 02, 2017, 05:32:55 pm
Richt won a lot of games.  How many national championships did he play in? How often did he recruit in the top 5 during his time there? There is a reason that Georgia fired him. 

I wish Arkansas had a recruiting area like he had.

Well in Year 2 at Miami he is locking down south Florida.  Funny because Kirby did less with Richt recruits than Richt did.

holeinthewall

The biggest thing Richt can do for Arkansas fans is stop Saban from getting the top players from South Florida. Cooper, Ridley, Jeudy.. In 17 Bama signed 3 of the top 5 players in the state. Only one was from South Florida but still.  Miami can play a big part in slowing down FLorida and Bama in South Florida.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: holeinthewall on March 03, 2017, 07:22:44 am
Well in Year 2 at Miami he is locking down south Florida.  Funny because Kirby did less with Richt recruits than Richt did.

Doesn't really matter. Until he actually accomplishes getting into the playoffs and into a national championship game in my opinion he will always be an above average coach that could recruit really well. He will probably lose another 4 games this year and I'm betting one will be to a team that he was expected to beat. He does it often. 

runninhog

Quote from: holeinthewall on February 15, 2017, 06:29:03 am

Yeah, I think the 'Canes are coming back in a big way. Lots of folks hated them back in the day, but I always enjoyed how they played the game. Cortez Kennedy has a street named for him over in Wilson.

DeltaBoy