Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

lsu finally loses, hogs in top 100 rpi

Started by mathhog, December 21, 2008, 01:31:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggy1

If onlyyyyyyy we could beat OU, go 10-6 in conference.

We would be NCAA bound.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

daBoar

razorvision

Yes, LSU actually played a team with real talent in Texas A&M.
Visit www.rsgcommunications.ws and save big on digital services for your home or office.

jschulte

sooners.... 1 RPI haha!  Playing them will boost our RPI period

HamIAm

our win over #60 Stephen F. Austin is a quality win.

# 67 Missouri State's win over lower ranked #96 Arkansas is a quality win.

But #135 Austing Peay's loss to higher ranked #125 Ohio is a bad loss

Drunken Tailgater

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on December 21, 2008, 01:42:19 am
If onlyyyyyyy we could beat OU, go 10-6 in conference.

We would be NCAA bound.

If we split with Texas and OU and go 9-7 in the SEC, we'll go dancin'.

Niels Boar

Just noticed that Austin Peay won AT Belmont by 2.  Belmont gave the Vols all they could handle at Knoxville this weekend before losing by 2.  An NCAAT bid suddenly doesn't look like a complete fantasy if we can get a win over Oklahoma or Texas.

Razorod

splitting ou and tx may be the key. that way 9-7 or 10-6 in conference + 1 tourney win should get us in.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

SONofHAM

My 100th.... ;D

I think the Hogs have a legitimate chance to make the tourney this year, especially the way the SEC is looking early on.  The SEC looks like it will be up for grabs and the Hogs should finish in the upper half of the conference.  If somehow we miss out on the NCAAs, this team will be one of the best left out, and will have a great chance to go deep in the NIT.  I know none of us want an NIT berth but if it does go down that way we should be all the better for it come 2009-2010!  I love watching Pel and this young team!  We will soon be in contention for league and national titles again...just like football! :razorback:
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

razorback45

I agree, they do have a chance.  The Texas and OU games will be a big big gage at where the HOGS stand compared to elete teams now.  My gut from watching the young player tells me they will be in every game they play this year and so far there is a batch of these kids that dont like to loose and arent affraid to take the game in their own hands.  And they are only freshman.  Fortson number one, if we are struggling to score he will take control of the ball and make something happen.  Have seen the same in Rotni. Then there is M Washington, with the outside shooters he is gonna get room to manouver inside and so far its been good.  And even Stefan Welch is showing some drive.  when things stall he is trying to get them going  again.  Sometimes he forces it a bit but he is atleast taking that leadership role.

The number of players on this team with that passion to do what ever it takes to win out number any of the previous 10 arkansas teams 5 to 1.

so if not this year, i see big big things in the future.
!!!!!!!!!!Love Those Hogs !!!!!!!!!!

SwinerBock

Wow.  Entire SEC West is currently rated 78th or worse in RPI. 

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: razorvision on December 21, 2008, 09:13:59 am
Yes, LSU actually played a team with real talent in Texas A&M.

Not that the Aggies are awesome--they lost to Tulsa--but they are a much better team in the paint than LSU is.  I expect the lack of depth and no inside muscle to hamper LSU quite a bit, when they play decent opposition.

I was amazed to see South Carolina has the second-worst schedule in all of college hoop.  Even worse than LSU's and ours!
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Patrick on December 22, 2008, 04:22:29 pm
Ut oh, not one more team with a losing record (as of now) on our schedule for the rest of the season.  Here is hoping we don't play like freshmen in the coming two months.  I know why we scheduled so many home games against losing teams early on, and it has allowed this team to learn to play together.  I don't, however, think we have an accurate grasp of our weaknesses just yet, but we probably soon will.  Here is hoping that I am wrong.

These young players play up/down to the competition, but they have risen when challenged.  They will get their butts kicked by OU, but I bet they give Texas some problems.  North Texas has won three road games, lousy opponents but still road wins.  Jan. 3, between OU and Texas, quiet campus, everybody watching bowl games and playoffs, I hope that's not an upset.
[CENSORED]!

Hogbody

jry04

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 22, 2008, 05:44:23 pm
These young players play up/down to the competition, but they have risen when challenged.  They will get their butts kicked by OU, but I bet they give Texas some problems.  North Texas has won three road games, lousy opponents but still road wins.  Jan. 3, between OU and Texas, quiet campus, everybody watching bowl games and playoffs, I hope that's not an upset.
Force OU to shoot and it may be a game. They cannot shoot around the perimeter very good.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 22, 2008, 05:44:23 pm

Not to mention the game is at Alltel, which has been like Kryptonite to this team recently
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Ar_Hog on December 27, 2008, 08:21:24 pm
Wash and Sanchez must play big to beat the Sooners

Along with fortson, clakre, welsh, moore, britt...etc
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

blacksuit

Quote from: Hogbody on December 27, 2008, 08:13:45 pm
Too bad our SOS has been awful thus far

Big part of that is only 2 road games so far. Road games will decide our season (as usual). Home games against OU and TX will be crucial.