Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Offensive Preview per *Longhorn Board*

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, December 18, 2014, 11:27:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Wildhog

2.) If they line up in shotgun, they're throwing the ball. This is the only tendency I took note of because it was too overwhelming to ignore. In the five games I watched, they passed nearly 86% of the time from shotgun. Not only that, but about a third of the runs were jet sweeps, and the pre-snap motion is a pretty good giveaway. So if you see them in shotgun and there's no jet motion, it's probably a pass.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Bionic_Pig

It's like "Biggus Piggus" has a evil twin on that board....very thorough!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jgphillips3

Wow.  That was a very knowledgable and thorough discussion.  Props to that board...well...on that thread anyway.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 18, 2014, 11:49:36 am
And completely different from most of the Chaney critics "breakdowns" on Hogville...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Arkansas Fan

If people from a message board can figure out our offense, then Chaney does indeed need to go.

Arkansas Fan

Loved this part:

"If you're like me, you probably saw Arky play Tech and A&M and that's it. If so, you probably came away with the notion that they run the ball 75% of the time and usually have a fullback, three tight ends and seven tackles in the game. It turns out that's just what they do if they think you're a bitch. "

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on December 18, 2014, 12:29:26 pm
If people from a message board can figure out our offense, then Chaney does indeed need to go.
Anybody with a dvr can figure out what you do on O.

Very few people can figure out how to stop it.

You guys need to lay off until we have a WR that can outrun our TE's...
All Gas, No Brakes!

wholehog92

Is it really necessary to have that pic posted?  I can't stand happy whorns.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 18, 2014, 12:59:15 pm

We are 4th in the SEC and 24th in the nation in 3rd down %. That really darn good considering how many 3rd downs we have and the strongest schedule in the nation.

We don't have explosive players. I can't name on guy on offense I would describe as explosive.

Robert Shields

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 18, 2014, 12:59:15 pm

I think its also very important not just to recognize what they are doing, but also why a team is doing it. I think the consultant that the Razorbacks hired this year to break down film is very good at it and knowing why.  If you know "why" you know their thought process.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: wholehog92 on December 18, 2014, 01:00:36 pm
Is it really necessary to have that pic posted?  I can't stand happy whorns.

I don't know what I was thinking -1 to myself
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hawgndaaz

their critique of BA was pretty blunt but accurate.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on December 18, 2014, 02:28:51 pm
their critique of BA was pretty blunt but accurate.

Throwing stones from a glass house when you look at their QB...

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on December 18, 2014, 02:30:27 pm
Throwing stones from a glass house when you look at their QB...

oh they definitely pointed out his lack of productivity as well

Medic821

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on December 18, 2014, 02:36:23 pm
oh they definitely pointed out his lack of productivity as well

True. What they didn't point out is that BA is 18th in the country in passer efficiency rating on 3rd down.

DeltaBoy

The knowledgeable UT fan is scared out of his pants and the idiot inbred ones are just spouting the same old Arkie is our B(Tch  Crap.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 18, 2014, 11:49:36 am

No offense to Biggus, but that's breakdown you don't even see on GOOD pre/post game segments.
The next time I see that here on Hogville will be the FIRST time I see it on Hogville.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Wildhog

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on December 18, 2014, 03:03:47 pm
No offense to Biggus, but that's breakdown you don't even see on GOOD pre/post game segments.
The next time I see that here on Hogville will be the FIRST time I see it on Hogville.

Actually, Fayettechill provides very similar breakdowns.  You should read more of his posts.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pork Twain

Quote from: Wildhog on December 18, 2014, 03:05:24 pm
Actually, Fayettechill provides very similar breakdowns.  You should read more of his posts.
For sure
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hog Fan...DOH!

I read on there that JW gets the yips and fumbles.  He lost one in the Mizzou game- but I don't think he lost another ALL year.  AC loses the rock more.   

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on December 18, 2014, 03:57:06 pm
I read on there that JW gets the yips and fumbles.  He lost one in the Mizzou game- but I don't think he lost another ALL year.  AC loses the rock more.
You read it from a disgruntled Hog fan.  Probably some loser who posts here.
All Gas, No Brakes!

southeasthog

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on December 18, 2014, 03:57:06 pm
Good gawd some of y'all need to look some stuff up before you post it as facts.

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/player-stat/fumble-category

rank    name                          team                     pos   number

59   Jonathan Williams   Arkansas Razorbacks   RB       5

59   Alex Collins    Arkansas Razorbacks           RB       5

RBLtoHOG

If you have free time, I recommend going back and reading some of the pages from the post waiting to find out who their opponent would be.

Pure gold. Meltdowns, SEC hate, Aggy hate, "S#!t we're playing Arkansas???" and more. It's awesome.

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/153872-Texas-accepts-bid-to-Texas-Bow-in-Houston

27 pages, I read pages 1-5 then 7-17 (I'm unemployed and lots of free time) but it's worth it.
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

hogman78

Quote from: southeasthog on December 18, 2014, 04:36:58 pm

Actually the post you quoted says lost fumbles. Not sure if it's fact or not, but I only remember us losing possession on one JW fumble this year. I checked your link and don't see JW on the fumbles lost list, but it only goes down to two. Alex shows to have lost 3 out of five. So it is a fact that Alex loses the ball more.

Kevin

I think we will see some new stuff for the bowl game
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Smokehouse

Quote from: Wildhog on December 18, 2014, 11:29:11 am
2.) If they line up in shotgun, they're throwing the ball. This is the only tendency I took note of because it was too overwhelming to ignore. In the five games I watched, they passed nearly 86% of the time from shotgun. Not only that, but about a third of the runs were jet sweeps, and the pre-snap motion is a pretty good giveaway. So if you see them in shotgun and there's no jet motion, it's probably a pass.

It'd be a good game to work in a play action pass off the jet sweep or some quick shotgun handoffs
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

RBLtoHOG

With that long to prepare, I'm sure we will see some new stuff... just as long as they don't get TOO crazy, especially when they don't need to.
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Fayettechill14

Quote from: RBLtoHOG on December 18, 2014, 05:54:58 pm
With that long to prepare, I'm sure we will see some new stuff... just as long as they don't get TOO crazy, especially when they don't need to.

I suspect fans will be dizzy with all the rollouts and counters and misdirection stuff we come out with, especially early in the game to keep them from settling in. I was impressed with how much we installed in the bye week before the LSU game.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

bigred223

That is my biggest problem with our offense. The predictability when we line up in the gun. I know we aren't trying to be tricky on offense. We wanna run the ball, and pass effectively. It is very frustrating watching our offense line up in the gun and literally give away what we are doing. A common denominator in our losses this year is throwing 30+ passes with many coming out of the gun.

Marshfieldhog

While Petrino wasn't perfect he was great at disguising a set and giving himself the option to run several plays out of that set with kept a defense on it's heels. The offense really needs to progress past another team knowing what play is coming by the set, if it's really that obvious then I hope CBB makes a change.

Albert Einswine

My biggest problem with our offense for the greater part of the season has been that it seems like we move the ball well to start the games when we're running the scripted plays, and then become ever more stale and stagnant offensively once we move off script and it becomes organic. Good on script, not so good with ad lib.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

intelligence

i had to smite you for that picture. so much fail

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: southeasthog on December 18, 2014, 04:36:58 pm

Interestingly enough, that doesn't refer to fumbles LOST.  JW has LOST one all year.  I wrote about LOST fumbles.  Sweet mercy. 

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on December 18, 2014, 10:07:09 pm
While Petrino wasn't perfect he was great at disguising a set and giving himself the option to run several plays out of that set with kept a defense on it's heels. The offense really needs to progress past another team knowing what play is coming by the set, if it's really that obvious then I hope CBB makes a change.

LOL we threw the ball from shotgun about 90 percent of the time with Petrino too and no one complained. In a pro-style offense, that's typically what you do.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Albert Einswine on December 18, 2014, 10:09:12 pm
My biggest problem with our offense for the greater part of the season has been that it seems like we move the ball well to start the games when we're running the scripted plays, and then become ever more stale and stagnant offensively once we move off script and it becomes organic. Good on script, not so good with ad lib.

Not enough options for our offense.  We only have so much we can do with our personnel.  Once SEC defenses figured it out in each game, we were mostly done.  This is why I'm not expecting to win the bowl with the offense.  This will be on our defense vs the Texas qb. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

razorback44

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on December 18, 2014, 11:01:38 pm
LOL we threw the ball from shotgun about 90 percent of the time with Petrino too and no one complained. In a pro-style offense, that's typically what you do.

"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Peter Porker

Something I noticed as well.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

southeasthog

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on December 18, 2014, 10:35:48 pm

Interestingly enough, that doesn't refer to fumbles LOST.  JW has LOST one all year.  I wrote about LOST fumbles.  Sweet mercy. 
No, you posted that AC lost the rock more.

This will be the last I post on this subject because I don't want to get in a pissing match about our RB's which are both very good. But if anyone thinks there is a difference in both backs fumbling 5 times on the year and the opponents recovering 2 more of AC's when they had basically the same number of carries, then they are nitpicking. It is just like the poster stating that AC fumbles "way too much to go to the NFL" in another thread.   

Pork Twain

Quote from: southeasthog on December 19, 2014, 06:11:26 am
No, you posted that AC lost the rock more.

This will be the last I post on this subject because I don't want to get in a pissing match about our RB's which are both very good. But if anyone thinks there is a difference in both backs fumbling 5 times on the year and the opponents recovering 2 more of AC's when they had basically the same number of carries, then they are nitpicking. It is just like the poster stating that AC fumbles "way too much to go to the NFL" in another thread.   
This is definitely a case of nitpicking and I am not sure what the point is.  If they both fumbled 5 times, they both lost the ball the same amount of times, one was just lucky enough to have his team recover it more times.  Both are very good backs that just need to hold on to the ball a little better.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

JaketheSnake

Some of you need to realize that CBB doesn't play disguised football.  He plays prison rape football... You know what's coming and the other team cannt do squat about it.  Texass might enjoy it tho

Hollywood_HOGan45

We do throw from the gun most of the time. Biggest issue we have is the guy throwing it is an avg at best sec qb.

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on December 18, 2014, 02:45:32 pm
True. What they didn't point out is that BA is 18th in the country in passer efficiency rating on 3rd down.
I wonder what it looks like against our better opponents because I swear 75% of the time it was a rollout to the right and throw it in the [CENSORED] of the stands.

ricepig

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 19, 2014, 09:13:01 am
I wonder what it looks like against our better opponents because I swear 75% of the time it was a rollout to the right and throw it in the [CENSORED] of the stands.

Well, per your normal, you'd be wrong.

PonderinHog

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 19, 2014, 09:15:27 am
There's always next year...

Not sure he'll survive that long under this name, but, he will be back.......

bob slydell

Weren't most of our shotgun formations this year on 3rd down?  I don't remember a lot on 1st and 2nd down.  Throwing 86% of the time on 3rd down doesn't seem like that much of a revelation.  I bet most teams are close to that percentage on 3rd.  Seems like it's more related to the situation than Chaney being predictable.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on December 19, 2014, 08:33:45 am
We do throw from the gun most of the time. Biggest issue we have is the guy throwing it is an avg at best sec qb.
An average SEC is not a bad thing.  Too bad we did not have a stable of established and average SEC WRs.