Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC/Big 12 Challenge - Dec. 21st - Verizon....

Started by hoglady, December 15, 2014, 06:09:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

Arkansas vs. Oklahoma
Texas vs. Texas A&M

$18.00 / $25.00 (with the ticketmaster surcharge)
not a bad price to see 2 quality women's basketball games.

No one appears to be promoting this much - not the local media and not the UofA. The only marketing I've seen is the Verizon digital billboard. 
Bought some tickets this weekend, just went online and bought some more tickets.
Man, ticket sales look abysmal. Was able to get the center section just a few minutes ago.
Ticket sales for the men's game Saturday night are rocking.
Hope it picks up and they have a decent crowd Sunday.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

wbbfan32

I will be there! Woo Pig, BEAT OU :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

hoglady

Was happy to hear Christy Smith interviewed on overtime today and they were touting Sunday's game. Hoping for a decent crowd.
After UALR women beat OU this last Sunday - UA women really need a win on Sunday.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

jdlittle

A big fan of women basketball, however not many are, so sad.  Good teams will be playing.  Hate to say this, but Little Rock is not a sports town and unless you can get the folks to drive,  will not be a big crowd.  I wish they would have had this double header at Bud Walton arena.  I would drive there, although twice as far.   I really do not feel secure in downtown LR or NLR.   

hoglady

Quote from: jdlittle on December 18, 2014, 12:35:17 pm
A big fan of women basketball, however not many are, so sad.  Good teams will be playing.  Hate to say this, but Little Rock is not a sports town and unless you can get the folks to drive,  will not be a big crowd.  I wish they would have had this double header at Bud Walton arena.  I would drive there, although twice as far.   I really do not feel secure in downtown LR or NLR.   

Little Rock has sported some of the best crowds in SEC Women's Basketball tournament history. The tourney will be here for the 3rd time this spring. I'm fine in downtown LR or NLR but I'm in that area on a daily basis so that helps.

It really doesn't help that the men's game is Saturday night. Hard to take up almost your whole weekend with basketball games the weekend before Christmas - if I had small children there's no way I could do it.

Danny J

Great win for the ladybacks today! Dykes is going to build something special. This team is scrappy and they play really hard. Going to be tough going in the SEC though....as usual. Really need that next recruiting class.

Westcoasthog

A great win for Arkansas Coach Jimmy Dykes in the 71 - 64  victory over Oklahoma.

hoglady

Great win today!!
Man, we played through the Berna foul trouble - was worried there for a while.
If Collin wouldn't have lost Johnson to Okie St and Scaife to Rutgers this team would be a real contender. Jessica Jackson and Kelsey Brooks played lights out.

hoglady

Forgot to say - what a fantastic game that was between A&M and Texas.
Hated that Texas came back to win it, but a really good game to watch.

Crowd was better than I thought it would be. Not great - probably somewhere around 3,500 to 4,000.

BWS

We won the game but my goodness we have to work on our free throws. We were 22/42 from the charity stripe 52%. No coach can be happy about that, even after a win.

BWS

Quote from: hoglady on December 21, 2014, 07:14:35 pm
Great win today!!
Man, we played through the Berna foul trouble - was worried there for a while.
If Collin wouldn't have lost Johnson to Okie St and Scaife to Rutgers this team would be a real contender. Jessica Jackson and Kelsey Brooks played lights out.

Berna hasn't played very smart in some games this season. She's made some dumb fouls that have not been typical of how she's played the last three years. Today might have been her worst played game. Obviously it was a big weekend for her with graduation and getting engaged so that possibly might have threw her game off a little.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: BWS on December 21, 2014, 08:35:34 pm
Berna hasn't played very smart in some games this season. She's made some dumb fouls that have not been typical of how she's played the last three years. Today might have been her worst played game. Obviously it was a big weekend for her with graduation and getting engaged so that possibly might have threw her game off a little.

Ya think?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Sueie

Does anyone know why she will not shoot the ball? That doesn't have anything to do with graduation. She did not shoot last year either. Brooks is the best player on the team. Her and Jackson just need some more players to step up. Why did Powell never even remove her warmup jacket? She will gets different attitude or a different team. One or the other. How many can Dykes sign next year with 2 transfering out on him this year and 2 seniors leaving.

hoglady

Quote from: Sueie on December 21, 2014, 08:50:50 pm
Does anyone know why she will not shoot the ball? That doesn't have anything to do with graduation. She did not shoot last year either. Brooks is the best player on the team. Her and Jackson just need some more players to step up. Why did Powell never even remove her warmup jacket? She will gets different attitude or a different team. One or the other. How many can Dykes sign next year with 2 transfering out on him this year and 2 seniors leaving.

Someone with me asked the same question?
She needs to step up and shoot the ball some. Jackson and Brooks need some scoring help out there. I thought West played pretty well - she plays hard, is really active and goes after the rebounds.

Sueie

flippinhogmana

I think derby has a slightly less glow on his face these days than does Berna.  My guess is that it will not affect him as much as it appears to have affected her this game, nut who knows.  Its not everyday you enter into an agreement to marry.  I don't mean to imply that he is any less ecstatic about getting married than she is, its just a guess (that and another two weeks time).
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: hoglady on December 21, 2014, 08:57:58 pm
Someone with me asked the same question?
She needs to step up and shoot the ball some. Jackson and Brooks need some scoring help out there. I thought West played pretty well - she plays hard, is really active and goes after the rebounds.

Agreed wholeheartedly on west.  If her and Bostad don't play as well as they did, particularly West, we loose this game.

As far as the other young lady not taking off her warmup, you usually don't do that until the coach tells you to go in the first time.  we don't know if there was any physical issues, etc.  I think we don't pass judgment ill advisedly here.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: flippinhogmana on December 21, 2014, 11:03:36 pm
Agreed wholeheartedly on west.  If her and Bostad don't play as well as they did, particularly West, we loose this game.

As far as the other young lady not taking off her warmup, you usually don't do that until the coach tells you to go in the first time.  we don't know if there was any physical issues, etc.  I think we don't pass judgment ill advisedly here.
I agree about both West and Bostad.  As far as Powell goes, she is going to need some tender loving care.  I think coach needs to learn how to do that with some girls - Powell is one who needs some encouragement.  If West continues to improve, Powell will probably not be used.