Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

30 for 30 Shorts: The Great Trade Robbery

Started by SwazyHog, October 08, 2014, 02:28:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SwazyHog

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11619469

In 1989, the largest trade in NFL history sent Herschel Walker from Dallas to Minnesota. The Vikings ruined what looked to be a budding dynasty by selling the farm for Walker. Dallas became the team of the 1990's, restoring its place as America's Team.
"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

SteveInArk

It was a very interesting episode ...  JJ was getting bashed (outside of Dallas), but sure hit a home run with his draft management.  Vikings, not so much, LOL.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

DeltaBoy

It was the Greatest Trade that I can remember. Jimmy got 3 superbowls out of that deal.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dr. Starcs