Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kody Walker broken foot

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, April 13, 2016, 07:10:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KlubhouseKonnected

This has been an unusually common occurrence no matter what else anyone may think or say.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on April 13, 2016, 09:59:51 pm
This has been an unusually common occurrence no matter what else anyone may think or say.

Depends at how you look at it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 13, 2016, 10:06:27 pm

Depends at how you look at it.

I would say that it looks like in the last year the rate at which players on this team have suffered broken foot bones has been #uncommon.

hawgmasta

It is pretty strange that we've had multiple broken feet; but I would rather have them break feet than rip their knees up.

KlubhouseKonnected

I hope Kody comes back and rushes for a grand or more. Then we will start giving the comeback player of the year the Kody Walker award.

KlubhouseKonnected

Honestly I feel really bad for the guy and worry about his mental state. He almost did not come back after last season and now he suffers another bad injury.

Deep Shoat

The "It's the turf!" Guys argument would seem to be invalidated by the very fact they are using to "prove" their point.

The fact that this isn't happening elsewhere, when almost everyone uses the same field turf, means the turf likely isn't the issue.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Danimal

Quote from: wupigsuey on April 13, 2016, 09:16:39 pm
Have you been soaking it in cider?
Nope. Just been limpin' around on it while hoping it gets better.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on April 13, 2016, 09:17:09 pm
You know that rationale won't work around here, it's either the shoes, the trainers, the strength coach, the turf, the socks, the drills, the two a days, the non two a days, the ........

bennyl08

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on April 13, 2016, 09:35:35 pm
It has become time to remove the carpet on the football field. We got that crap back when Petrino was coach and thought it gave our WR's a decided advantage. I can't help but think that fake grass is causing all of the problems with the feet. Bring back the real grass to Razorback Stadium, and do it now.

So the turf didn't cause issues for the other 5 years with 500+ razorbacks playing during that span, but suddenly is? How about all the other stadiums using turf as well? At best maybe one could argue it is a combination of shoes and turf that no other school has the same combination, but even then, I can't see how that would physically come about.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 13, 2016, 11:07:27 pm
So the turf didn't cause issues for the other 5 years with 500+ razorbacks playing during that span, but suddenly is? How about all the other stadiums using turf as well? At best maybe one could argue it is a combination of shoes and turf that no other school has the same combination, but even then, I can't see how that would physically come about.

I have been saying it for more than half a year now. There is only one explanation. We are the target of a shadow war being conducted by the Foot Clan.

SamBuckhart

eat more pickled pig feet. It has not been proven that this doesn't help. Wooo Pig
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

bennyl08

Clearly it is all Herb's fault. He wants them to pull of great feats of strength, but neglects to have great strength of feet!
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

presidenthog

the boy needs to drink milk like a vampire drinks blood and pop vitamin D and calcium pills like a middle aged white woman pops valium.

smb

Here's hoping he will heal fast. Razorback fans are behind you Kody in a speedy recovery!
GeorgiaHOG

clutch

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 13, 2016, 09:30:36 pm
THIS IS NOT JUST FOOTBALL.  Something is up.  Use your inuition.  There isn't another school in college football with as many broken foot bones.

It was actually a trend across football in general last season. There were multiple broken foot injuries in the NFL as well. I guess not to the extent that Arkansas suffered last season, but there were still an unusual amount of broken feet all across football last season.

hawgtime

need a couple more great backs!  who is coming next year? 

ricepig

According to the ADG, the injury occurred when he planted his foot on a passing play/drill. Maybe we shouldn't pass?

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 14, 2016, 12:22:22 am
Clearly it is all Herb's fault. He wants them to pull of great feats of strength, but neglects to have great strength of feet!

Hmm...well, I thought that was pretty well played. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: code red on April 13, 2016, 07:47:16 pm
F that Turf ...go back to Bermuda.

Is there turf on the practice fields?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 14, 2016, 08:05:52 am

I haven't seen the new fields up close. The last practice fields were turf AND grass...2 side by side fields.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hawgar The Horrible

There is no significant difference in injury rates between third and fourth generation field turf and natural grass. However, field turf provides a much higher coefficient of friction (traction).

Planting and cutting on the artificial stuff is a non issue IF the proper footwear is provided. No give in traction = breaks and sprains.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 14, 2016, 08:05:52 am
One turf and the other grass.

go hogues

Wish we hit other teams the way we hit our own. SMH
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hogsanity

It was reported he broke his on a non-contact play running a pass route.  As for all the broken feet the last year or so for the Hogs, JW got fallen on by a D Lineman, Hollister was apparently running a route I believe on the practice field, Hatcher did his in LR in the back of the EZ without contact, and now Walker.  3 different fields, and 3 different type of situations.   
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rljjr

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on April 13, 2016, 07:49:20 pm
They need to do sumpthin. This is getting out of hand.

I see what you did there.

wholehog92

Quote from: hogsanity on April 14, 2016, 09:14:53 am
It was reported he broke his on a non-contact play running a pass route.  As for all the broken feet the last year or so for the Hogs, JW got fallen on by a D Lineman, Hollister was apparently running a route I believe on the practice field, Hatcher did his in LR in the back of the EZ without contact, and now Walker.  3 different fields, and 3 different type of situations.   

Ignore this guy.  Don't let facts get in the way of a good witch hunt.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

TDHawgs

Maybe they should ban all shoes then.. practice barefooted.  8)  8) :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

In all seriousness though. I had Kody got hurt and wish him a speedy and full recovery!!

lawhawg20

Quote from: ricepig on April 13, 2016, 09:17:09 pm
You know that rationale won't work around here, it's either the shoes, the trainers, the strength coach, the turf, the socks, the drills, the two a days, the non two a days, the ........

I blame HDN.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on April 13, 2016, 08:16:17 pm
Doh!

Ha!  Good catch. Apparently my phone's auto correct is more witty than I.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

younghog

Hoping for proper healing for KW

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

ricepig

Whiskeyhog

Quote from: wupigsuey on April 13, 2016, 09:16:39 pm
Have you been soaking it in cider?

Usually doesn't help me heal, but the in cider isn't complaining. 

bhogs05

Kody has the worst luck..I think he's broken something every year he has been here. Dude needs to drink more milk or something. 

rwspear

correlation isnt causation...

Sivad

Pig in the Pokey

It is OBVIOUSLY the field. If it weren't than it wouldn't ALWAYS happen at home. All of these foot injuries occurred AT HOME. If it were the shoes, it would be affecting the other NIKE schools; at least similarly. So, it is in fact the field or a complete coincidence, and I don't believe in coincidences that smell like rats.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 14, 2016, 10:52:10 am
It is OBVIOUSLY the field. If it weren't than it wouldn't ALWAYS happen at home. All of these foot injuries occurred AT HOME. If it were the shoes, it would be affecting the other NIKE schools; at least similarly. So, it is in fact the field or a complete coincidence, and I don't believe in coincidences that smell like rats.
I see your recollection is no better than your predictions...

All Gas, No Brakes!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Deep Shoat on April 14, 2016, 10:54:22 am
I see your recollection is no better than your predictions...
hahahahaahahahaha- ALLL FIELD TURF. nice try

sorry u missed my merrick, whaley, and sosa predictions. just keep thinking about devin and i guess gruden? like i predicted that just b/c i wanted it. if u go there, i predicted petrino. not many of ya'll did that. And at least i have the balls to make bold predictions. If you never make any don't knock those who do and are right alot of the time based off 1 high profile miss. one that was bold that nobody nationally predicted. (kinda like whaley, but i was right on him so i know why you didnt mention that)>
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

kodiakisland

Yeah, but were they wearing the same type shoes?  If so, when did we start using those shoes?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

hogsanity

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 14, 2016, 11:02:08 am
hahahahaahahahaha- ALLL FIELD TURF. nice try

To determine if it is the field turf you would have to know if all the fields had the same turf and base. Then see how many other fields use the same turf/base and if they have had similar issues with foot injuries. Then see if those were contact or non-contact. Then see how many were wearing the same type shoes.

To just say " It has to be the turf " is pretty lazy.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: kodiakisland on April 14, 2016, 11:04:54 am
Yeah, but were they wearing the same type shoes?  If so, when did we start using those shoes?
It's the turf. Don't you see how they are spinning it? Claiming it wasn't the field b/c it was 3 different fields even when ALL 3 FIELDS USE THAT DANGEROUS-ASS FIELD TURFtm.... somebody got the spin machine going b/c they don't want to face the financial burden.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogsanity on April 14, 2016, 11:07:53 am
To determine if it is the field turf you would have to know if all the fields had the same turf and base. Then see how many other fields use the same turf/base and if they have had similar issues with foot injuries. Then see if those were contact or non-contact. Then see how many were wearing the same type shoes.

To just say " It has to be the turf " is pretty lazy.
What makes you think I haven't already done that?

why don't you use google before posting that???

God-made grass > man-made grass. not sure why all ya'll rednecks wouldn't be PREACHING that.

they ALL USE FIELDTURFtm. How many times do I have to say it? You guys are like talking to the gd Wailing Wall.
@Slackaveli

Dirttrackhog

I just googled some injury info, Bama had 9 players out for their spring game last year, 2 tore ACLs in Spring practice.  Im sure every team has their injuries, just for very obvious reasons you always know about Arkansas's. Injuries happen in football and if it had something to do with the turf, natural grass, shoes, training, etc. Im damn sure CB would be doing something about it and we would be hearing about it.  In case you haven't noticed CB is a tad bit outspoken.

southeasthog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 14, 2016, 10:52:10 am
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas defensive lineman Mitchell Loewen will miss the remainder of the season after suffering a broken foot Saturday at LSU.

Seebs

A few questioned Herb's methods and blamed him for JWill last year. 'One Legged weight lifting did him in'

Demarcus Hodge landed on JWill's foot last year in a practice.  Hodge weights 900 elevety pounds and landed on a foot.

Shoes, turf, not drinking enough milk, third world upbringing,  mean ol' Coach Herb, feet not being stretchy ...

The amount of drool buckets needed for this thread is immeasurable 

Walker will be ready in June.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aczPDGC3f8U
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

factchecker

April 14, 2016, 12:33:07 pm #96 Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:53:23 am by factchecker
FYI:

We have 3 practice fields (4 if you count inside the stadium).  An indoor field (articifial turf) and two outdoor fields (1 artificial and 1 grass).   

Here is the outdoor practice fields.

The top "painted" field is turf and the bottom field closest to Razorback Rd. is grass.

We installed the new practice fields in 2012.

I'm just as perplexed as anyone about our propensity for foot injuries.  Whatever the cause --- let's get it fixed.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 14, 2016, 11:08:09 am
It's the turf. Don't you see how they are spinning it? Claiming it wasn't the field b/c it was 3 different fields even when ALL 3 FIELDS USE THAT DANGEROUS-ASS FIELD TURFtm.... somebody got the spin machine going b/c they don't want to face the financial burden.

For your viewing pleasure:

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jsm/2013/380523/

The Readers Digest Condensed version...It ain't the turf. That's not to say the shoes being worn on it are not a contributing factor to the injuries.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

factchecker

Another thing to consider. 

We will always have 2 artificial turf practice fields even if we change our stadium playing surface to grass. 

The indoor surface will be artificial for obvious reasons and one of the outdoor surfaces will be artificial to prepare for away games on an artificial surface. 

Changing our playing surface to grass only reduces the "turf factor" by 1/4.  Instead of having 3/4 of our fields on artificial turf, we will only have 1/2 of our fields on artificial turf.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on April 14, 2016, 12:48:58 pm
Another thing to consider. 

We will always have 2 artificial turf practice fields even if we change our stadium playing surface to grass. 

The indoor surface will be artificial for obvious reasons and one of the outdoor surfaces will be artificial to prepare for away games on an artificial surface. 

Changing our playing surface to grass only reduces the "turf factor" by 1/4.  Instead of having 3/4 of our fields on artificial turf, we will only have 1/2 of our fields on artificial turf.

Long has said numerous times that we aren't going back to natural grass at RRS, fwiw.