Kody Walker broken foot

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, April 13, 2016, 07:10:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Corkscrew Johnson

jcbville

"Tennessee DB Gaulden out for season broken foot"

"Julian Edelman out with broken foot"

"Boston College RB Jon Tillman out with broken foot"

That was about 5 seconds of searching in 2015. There is no "broken foot conspiracy" lol its football.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: southeasthog on April 14, 2016, 11:23:33 am
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas defensive lineman Mitchell Loewen will miss the remainder of the season after suffering a broken foot Saturday at LSU.
that is the only one that occured away from home and on grass; also the only one that is a regular football injury. The other non-contact broken feet are all on turf at home.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

clutch

Quote from: jcbville on April 14, 2016, 01:23:47 pm
"Tennessee DB Gaulden out for season broken foot"

"Julian Edelman out with broken foot"

"Boston College RB Jon Tillman out with broken foot"

That was about 5 seconds of searching in 2015. There is no "broken foot conspiracy" lol its football.

Dez Bryant...... Broke his foot first game

But Jerry has those Arkansas ties, so I bet he had sent Dez up to practice in Fayetteville and that's where it actually occurred.

bhogs05

It's football..people are going to break stuff.  Some guys are more fragile than others..it's not the field, it's not the shoes..it's just football and things happen.  Just b/c it broke without contact doesn't mean anything about the field..just like when a guy tears his acl in basketball it's not b/c of the court. 

DeltaBoy

What in the hades is going on up on the hill.  We are having a way above normal occurrence of foot problems for a bunch of college aged kids.  Are they Lifting too much weights with Herb?  Are they not getting enough Calcium or Vitamin D ?  Or have we got a few poor kids who have weak bones??
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pigsknuckles

Groan...this is the story I had figured would hit MMQB on April 1st. No such luck.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 14, 2016, 01:37:18 pm
that is the only one that occured away from home and on grass; also the only one that is a regular football injury. The other non-contact broken feet are all on turf at home.
Keep ignoring that JWill's foot was a CONTACT injury.

Frigging Demarcus Hodge landed on his foot.

340lb Demarcus Hodge.

Correlation still doesn't equal causation, and the correlation isn't even all that strong here.
All Gas, No Brakes!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 14, 2016, 01:57:26 pm
We are having a way above normal occurrence of foot problems for a bunch of college aged kids. 

Could you please show the statistical analysis you used to arrive at this conclusion?  Number of college aged kids you looked at, over how many years?

Thanks.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

770john111

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I traveled to Fayetteville today.
Getting out of my car, I broke my foot.

It's in the local magnetic field I tell ya!

In all seriousness, it does seem like foot breaks have risen for us.
However, I don't know what rate foot breaks occur for other programs.  So, is this just my myopic perspective or is something going on?

My guess is that if this is unusual, BB and others will be all over this.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on April 15, 2016, 12:50:19 pm
So, is this just my myopic perspective or is something going on?

This is an excellent question, and it's on a lot of our minds today I think.

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

hogsfan31

factchecker

Quote from: hogsfan31 on April 15, 2016, 01:25:15 pm
well hog fans, at least we're not alone.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/report-alabama-running-back-suffers-serious-injury-in-practice

Yikes.

QuoteRonnie Clark suffered a torn Achilles tendon during Thursday's practice, according to a report by AL.com's Matt Zenitz.

This is is the rising sophomore's second Achilles injury in the past 18 months; Clark, a former safety, tore his other achilles during a non-contact drill in 2014.

Depth is now a serious issue for the Tide.

Clark, Bo Scarbrough and Damien Harris were the only scholarship running backs available when Alabama kicked off spring practice last month.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: factchecker on April 15, 2016, 02:16:31 pm
Yikes.
Worst injury in sports. I feel bad for that kid; imagine having that happen twice! His achilles was like a broken rubber band that ended up behind his calf muscle the first time this happened to him!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Grizzlyfan

Bigger, heavier players in thinner, lighter shoes on harder surfaces equals more broken bones in the feet.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 15, 2016, 02:34:21 pm
Worst injury in sports. I feel bad for that kid; imagine having that happen twice! His achilles was like a broken rubber band that ended up behind his calf muscle the first time this happened to him!

I hate it for the guy, but I'm guessing he's done.
Coming back from one Achilles is huge.
Two?

He'd be special if he does it.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?