Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To anyone who has attended Practice

Started by Razorback Pastor, April 13, 2016, 08:58:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Pastor

How is Brey Cook looking as a Coach/GA?

Ebolin

He has run some drills, but it is hard to tell specifically. He's engaging and his relationship with the players evident. Thing that struck me was how much weight he appears to have lost. Looks svelt.
Arkansas News Bureau's Hogs beat writer
Formerly of ESPN and AP
A Native, Cornell kid and lover of hockey

factchecker

April 13, 2016, 10:58:41 am #2 Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 03:38:20 pm by factchecker
Mr. Bolin is correct.  It's hard to tell the impact of a specific position coach during drills and practice... even harder with a grad assistant.  He seems to have a good relationship with the players.  Brey did lose a good amount of weight and looks good.

It's awesome to see former players now getting to work in some capacity with the team.

In addition to Coach Brey Cook we also have the following former players working on staff-

Price Holmes- former walk-on linebacker- Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach

Tenarius Wright- former DE/OLB- Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach

Kiero Small- former fullback- Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach

also El Dorado native Taylor Reed who played quarterback at Arkansas for a semester before transferring to UCA is now an offensive grad assistant working with quarterbacks.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

FANONTHEHILL

Brey has a great relationship with all the guys and especially the younger guys (there are a lot of them).  We are lucky to have him.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

bennyl08

Thought Kiero was still on a practice squad somewhere...
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Jackrabbit Hog

I may be way behind on this, but is Brey not working out to try and make an NFL roster??
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 13, 2016, 02:53:52 pm
I may be way behind on this, but is Brey not working out to try and make an NFL roster??

Nope, looks like he's going the coaching route.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

wildturkey8

Always have liked T-Wright.  They didn't play on great defenses but he and Jerry Franklin were always causing turnovers.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: wildturkey8 on April 13, 2016, 03:56:54 pm
Always have liked T-Wright.  They didn't play on great defenses but he and Jerry Franklin were always causing turnovers.
He had a really good year opposite of Bequette in 2011
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

FANONTHEHILL

Kiero and Tank are doing a great job with Coach Herbert.  Brey and Anderson are a great mix as well.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015